Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy 335 flights....didn't make it to 1000.

Well I came up short on my dream of 1000 flights on a version 1 Warp. On flight 335 my Align DS425M tail servo decided to run hard over while at 100+ feet inverted over trees. The fast inverted piro I didn't need so hit TH and flipped it back over loosing precious rotor RPM in the process. I fly most of the time over trees so I figured what the heck, tumbling down through tree branches might not be to bad so I dropped my TX to my side and watched as my beloved Warp fell trough the tree branches missing all of them on the way down. It was at a flat, slightly nose low attitude when it hit mother earth.
Came out pretty good.
One skid broken.
Canopy (chipped but still very usable).
Canopy mounts broken (just like they should have)
Main Frames (both sides broken just forward of the front servos)
Main Blades ( one hit a tree branch laying on the ground)
Thin skin boom is perfect.

So if you ever wondered what you parts list would be dropping your Warp from 100 feet, not under power, that would be the list.

Don't worry I am not buying another Align servo as a replacement.
A VIKING is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow. Of course I feel bad about your crash and even moreso for not reaching your goal. Still 355 flights man!! I have to say, while reading your report (very entertaining by the way) I just felt impressed by it all (V1 fight count included).

Glad teh damage wasn't too bad. Unfortunately the frames will incur a little manual labor. Any special plans for the resurrection?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mike View Post
Wow. Of course I feel bad about your crash and even moreso for not reaching your goal. Still 355 flights man!! I have to say, while reading your report (very entertaining by the way) I just felt impressed by it all (V1 fight count included).

Glad teh damage wasn't too bad. Unfortunately the frames will incur a little manual labor. Any special plans for the resurrection?

Yeah it was pretty funny, expecting it to bounce down the softer outer braches of the trees and then watch as it passed through all the braches without even wiggling a leaf.
I was well impressed on how well it took the hit.

Now is my chance to give it a facelift. Liked it before but I think now I will try out a new TDR style canopy when they are available next week. Other than that just replace the broken parts and keep flying, it's a tough little bird.
The failure had nothing to do with the Warp, it's all on Align so I guess their servos are good for 334 flights.
A VIKING is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in