Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ALternative Mini Protos canopy - apologies to the purists!!!

It's probably not correct to start with an apology, but there is a lot to apologise for in this thread .... so sorry

The problem is that I love my Mini Protos, but I can't see it properly - I live in the UK where we generally get 51 weeks of cloudy skies per year. And not just white fluffy clouds, but gray dull clouds - on the other week I am away on holiday

I bought my M-P second-hand and it came with a Fusuno Yellow Assasin canopy - it looks quite bright in photos, but the side profile is white & grey, just like the clouds, so it blends in very nicely making it very difficult to see.

I was messing one day and absent-mindedly tried an old Trex 450 canopy on the M-P and realised that it very nearly fits, so a cunning plan was hatched - modify and paint a cheap and eBay canopy and see if I can improve the visibility .....

I needed to move the "brace" towards the nose to allow the canopy far enough on, so I cut it of and ca-ed it further forward, bracing with some fibre-glass strips also ca-ed in place.

I then cut another strip from a spare canopy and ca-ed that IN THE CORRECT PLACE

So we now have the Mini-Protos-Shark

It doesn't actually look quite so "long-nosed" in the flesh, and it is a truly awful paint job (I should have just found a bright Trex canopy), but it is bright

S0 apologies again - I'll let you know if it is more visible

Cheers,
Mike

P.S. I have a cheapo 450 Pro canopy on the way as well for a V2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010675.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	482713   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010676.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	482714   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010679.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	482715   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010684.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	482716  
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ummm

I don't get it. You can buy off color Fusano's for like 10 bucks on sale and then just paint those?

I applaud the Frugality but is that the point of this? To reuse what you have or did you buy that Shark special for this project?

I liked the shark the way it was :-)

And I know what you mean about the grey skies. Very hard to see sometimes in those conditions.

Mini Prôtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I had the shark lying about doing nothing as it is hard to see against grey, and it was a wet Sunday
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
I had the shark lying about doing nothing as it is hard to see against grey, and it was a wet Sunday
Lol, that's funny.. Lynxheli have a nice BIG easy to see canopy coming out in a few week's, keep an eye out on there site.
Shtumpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in