Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 05:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No more FPV (nor night flying) in Italy...

A new regulation from the italian Civil Aviation Authority (ENAC), which will be effective 30-APR, basically makes both FPV and night flying illegal... at least outside of sanctioned fields... see section V...

English version: http://www.enac.gov.it/repository/Co...ish_022014.pdf

Italian version: http://www.enac.gov.it/repository/Co...o_APR_ed.1.pdf

Do you believe it?
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

French Regulations aren't any better: you now have to have a pilot lisence (airplane or helicopter) in order to have any type of camera on your flying machine. If you plan on flying near a town you also have to declare 2 wks in advance where and when to get an authorization... as if you could predict weather conditions that far ahead of time...

I won't even go over the power limits on the FPV transmiters: 20 mwatts for 5Ghz.
Olivier06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm very surprised that in 2014 we can still fly FPV in Canada... Even in my city there is a boom this year with fpv quads. So many new fpv'ers that have 0 experience in RC stuff or radio waves. They just order and fly right away anywhere and assume airplanes will see them and fly aroun them if needed.

I expect regulations in most countries very soon. And taxes.
DanielQc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh wow, that stinks for you guys, Hope they don't do those rules in the US that would suck, i love tonight fly, what the heck is wrong with flying at night. Some people need go find more serious things to make laws about

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Oh wow, that stinks for you guys, Hope they don't do those rules in the US that would suck, i love tonight fly, what the heck is wrong with flying at night. Some people need go find more serious things to make laws about
No kidding. IMHO, if the aircraft is properly illuminated, it is better to fly at night because fewer people are out. If there is a mishap, there is that much less chance of it hitting a car or bystander. I do most of my fun flying at night so I don't get the constant lookie Lou's distracting me.

Video is obviously a different matter.

The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Psywarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry to hear that!

Not to mention that they can keep trying you in court until you run out of money and they get the verdict they want

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in