Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #561 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phazor 600 Parts

I have just purchase a Phazor 600 and am looking for the drive pulleys and Drive belt. I bought this new kit at a auction and I can not seem to find out where to get the three parts to finish the kit. Do you know any one the might have these parts

Thanks
flynace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #562 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phazor 600

this is flynace again I don't like the internet either, I don't know if the other letter I sent you gave you my email address so here it is if not.

flynace@wildblue.net

Hope to here good news soon!
flynace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #563 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Turnigy 9XR

Im just a noobie at rc helicopters but have quickly become addicted to the hobby . The videos here are a huge help as i will be buying a Trex 250 to start the move to 3D . I was wondering if anyone has a video for setup and overall how to of the Turnigy 9XR thanx
Aaron P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #564 (permalink)
HF Support

Haven't seen the Turnigy 9XR yet but looks interesting, I will try to lay my hands on one for a review
Old 03-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #565 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have watched the Pitch and Throttle curves video and as a newbie i have to say that you are really good at this. Thanks for everything.

However i was looking for a video that describes the different types of SWASH shown on the picture below but with out any luck. Is there any such video?

UninterRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #566 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey guys ive done a comprehensive engine rebuild tutorial over on RC Heliaddicts in the UK.

I have pm'd Finless to ask him his thoughts on it and to see if he wanted to include it on here. But im still waiting for a response.

Anyways feel free to check it out, if youve never rebuilt a Nitro engine before, you may find it very useful.

Kev

http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/engine...ce-people.html
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #567 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trex800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
Haven't seen the Turnigy 9XR yet but looks interesting, I will try to lay my hands on one for a review
can you do a trex800 build log too?
ricky_savage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #568 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never really got to thank you Bob, but i guess it's never too late. Thanks Bob for all your brilliant work.
Atom500(FBL)., Gaui x4II (FBL) ;Trex450 sport (FBL). All with Ikon fbl gyro. AMA#1019423.

Tony .
tony521 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #569 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MSR

I've been screwing around with the Servo push rods trying to adjust for a level swashplate, however it didn't work out to well, as it was a learn as you go. So looking for something that will get me back to zero reference, can anyone help? . By the way, I'm a newbie at this.
Both MSR I have were used, a box full of spares accompanied, so want to get each one running again.
1 supposedly had a bad 5 n 1 card, but I think it was a binding issue, as I did a rebind, per book instructions, and its working perfectly, except for backwards motion, and to the left with tail in. This what I'm looking for.
Old Man Zzzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #570 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I can't get the swashplate to level, I adjust the servo arm by using sub-trim.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #571 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I like the idea of the Ball links on the calipers for making up linkages in the "Ball Links 101", I think the thread is 3mm for the balls but what is the thread pitch for the tap? Mine has two thread pitches.
TREX 600 Gasser (690 Mains, 700TT boom) - T-Rex 450 SE V2 - OpenPilot Revo - CC3D - Atom - Blade CPP (06' model and still going!) - Blade mCP x (Wha hooo) - JR9503, SPEKTRUM DX8, Sullivan Dynatron/Finer Edge
AMA#621236 & IRCHA#4196
Rick~K is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #572 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help

I have tried for a couple of days now to view bob finless videos. It keeps telling me that I need to delete cookies. I have tried everything the site suggest. Can anyone help or have suggestions? Thanks
sharkdiver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #573 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkdiver View Post
I have tried for a couple of days now to view bob finless videos. It keeps telling me that I need to delete cookies. I have tried everything the site suggest. Can anyone help or have suggestions? Thanks
If you are using Windows Media Player, you could try copying the link then open Media Player, click File then Open URL. At that point you should paste the link into the text box and click open.
Shadow-D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #574 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default v120D devo7

Hi guys. I'm new to the world of magical flying machines. I've had a V120D02s for a while. Did my first loops and on the 4th and final one I crashed real hard. Mainframe and skid and tail boom all broken among the normal links etc. I'm having problems setting my Tx up. Messed with some setting now it's all over the place. Please please help!
rightnut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #575 (permalink)

Default Help with Castle Lite 50 setup on 450X

Please disregard -- these matters have now been resolved.
=============================================

Checking settings that would suit me best for a Castle Phoenix Edge Lite 50 ESC on a Blade 450X with stock 440H motor [4200KV, 10T pinion, 140 main gear] for tame, general flying only, no wild stuff.

Questions remain:

1] If I use the governor with a head speed of 2600, throttle curve in DX6i of 60 right across, pitch curve -3 to around +9 degrees, is the 450X going to perform fairly tamely? I would set the IU head speed at 2800 with a throttle curve of 75 right across and slightly more aggressive pitch curve, but not use that until I get more experience and confidence.

2] The ESC has three settings for head speeds, but the DX6i has only Normal and Stunt settings ... so for the third one, do I just put in zero?

Last edited by kb1846; 12-16-2013 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: Questions all resolved
kb1846 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #576 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Noob needs a little help

This looks like the right thread to ask a few questions in. If not I humbly ask to be directed to the correct one.

I am setting up a T-rex 450 sport FB heli I got from a friend in trade for a 12 pack of Pliny the Elder beer, (which is proving hard to find...) I got a Futaba T14sg to run it with. So far I have set up the head from scratch 3 or 4 times and I'm not sure if I have it right. From what I've found in some videos, I should have the servo arms at 90 degrees, fine tuning them with the sub trims before I attach the linkage to the swash plate. Then I should use the leveling tool to make sure the swash plate is level at 0% - 100% throttle stick position. Then I am supposed to set the linkage so that at 50% throttle stick I have the mixing arms and the washout arms both level and square with 0 degrees pitch on the main blades. The only thing is, this appears impossible with the head that I have because the only adjustable linkage is the linkage between the servos and the swash plate, and the linkage between the swash plate and the mixing arms, the rest are solid plastic with no adjustment. If I have everything square and level at 50% throttle stick position, I end up with a far larger amount of positive pitch than negative pitch and the linkage rods on the servos end up at the end of their threads on the ball links. The last time I went through it, I gave up trying to get the mixing arms and washout arms perfectly square and level. I locked up the flybar as level as I could get it and adjusted the linkage between the swash plate and mixing arms to set the pitch of the main blades. I wound up at 0 degrees pitch (+- .1 to .3 degrees) at 50% throttle stick. I get +11.2 degrees at 100% throttle, -11.2 degrees at 0% throttle on one blade, the other gets +11.4 and -11.3 (+- .1 to .2 degrees. All the trims are at 0, (except the sub trims to get the servo arms perfectly at 90 degrees at 50% throttle) The end points are all at 100%. The pitch and throttle curves are straight- 0, 25, 50 75, 100. Am I missing something, or just over-thinking it?
Floundereaux is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #577 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

One thing to confirm. When you set the servo arms 90 the throttle stick should be at center (pitch at 50%). Also make sure your pitch curve is linear 0,25,50,75,100 or this will throw off you servo 90 setup.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #578 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea, it is linear. I didn't touch the curves at all yet, they are at defaults on all the idle up modes and "normal" mode. So it doesn't matter that I didn't have the washout arms and mixer arms perfectly level and square before adjusting the main rotor pitch? And thank you!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #579 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundereaux View Post
Yea, it is linear. I didn't touch the curves at all yet, they are at defaults on all the idle up modes and "normal" mode. So it doesn't matter that I didn't have the washout arms and mixer arms perfectly level and square before adjusting the main rotor pitch? And thank you!
Yep... when Align went to the non-adjustable arms and 2 links, you cant get 90 (level) on the mixer arms but it should be damn close. If you want to perfect it to be anal, you could make adjustable links up to the head.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #580 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello again! I have finally spooled up my t-rex 450 sport on a test stand a few times and I have a few more questions. I do know how to fly multi rotor helis fairly well, and CP helis at a beginner level. I have a blade sr that I have flown a fair amount and have even done a few successful loops/backflips with it. Since its Tx is pre programmed and unchangeable I was unable to get enough negative pitch to hover it inverted, but it is a good trainer. Now that I have stepped up to a Trex 450- sport, I somewhat understand the mechanical side of things, but setting up the gyro/tail rotor is somewhat a mystery to me, as well as the programming in the Tx. I have a Futaba T14sg that I have been scratching my head at for the last few days while scouring the web for info. So here goes...

1- when setting the gyro and tail servo, the servo should be at 90 degrees, but should I have the tail rotor set to 0 degrees or something like 7 degrees to counter the torque of the main blades? I do plan on flying in HH in the idle up modes because I am used to flying multi rotors that only have HH ( and I have heard that 90% of everyone CP flies in HH ), but in "normal" mode I was planning on having it set to rate to avoid any accidental rotation on spool up. I have read that I should have it at 0 degrees and I have also read/heard that I should have some pitch at its neutral setting so I am confused.

2- I am a little unsure about what head speed I should have. So far I have spun it up to around 2600 rpm, but that was at 30% in my throttle curve. Seems like if I increase past 50% the blades would be going way too fast, especially for a maiden hover to see if everything is working well. A friend of mine recommends setting the head speed to 1800rpm at 50% throttle stick at 0 degrees main blade pitch. I have read some conflicting opinions about lower and higher head speeds. I set the throttle limiter to a slide on normal, idle up1 and idle up2 modes so I can control the max head speed "on the fly" so to speak. Is that a good way to approach finding a head speed range that I like?

3- I am having a little difficulty understanding what my throttle hold is doing. When I set it up and activate it, channel 3 goes all the way to 0% like it should, but channels 1,2,5,6 and 7 change as well. I know channel 7 is for a governor, (which I am not using) so that won't matter, but why does it increase the channel 5 (gyro gain) and drop the pitch, aileron and elevator? Is that just so if I activate it to autorotate the collective decreases the pitch on the main blades so they don't slow down too fast? Or to glue it to the ground after landing to avoid tipping over?

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread too much! Cheers and thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in