Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I just wanted to report that switching to Hyperion DH13-FMB cyclic servos and DH20X-GCB tail servo (high voltage servos) and a Kontronik Koby 70 esc is probably one of the best decisions I've made. My Lepton is flying better than I've ever seen it fly before. It is precise, quick, powerful and smooth.
prototype3a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is that how you like your women too?
Nanocer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
What do you think of the BeastX and the KBDD blades? I have a pair in my box but I haven't tried them yet. I still have an extra pair of the CF ones that ReadyHeli used to sell and have been using them.
Hi!

Sorry for the late response - I forgot all about the thread. To be honest my Kontronik kora with 4S 20-30C packs doesn't really put the Lepton into 3D sb mode. So I can't comment on how they work when you start messing around. Though it works like a charm both in sport flying, and didn't have any problems holding the tail when going full speed forward and surprise the heli with all the cyclic I could give it (was already having 12 degrees of pitch), making the sharpest move I've ever put it into. Motor (or the heli) didn't like me at the time, but the tail held perfect through the move
Slayaah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am thinking of converting to FBL my Lepton mainly for simpler setup and less parts to worry about in general!
I would like to use the Compass head which I like for quality. Now Compass has two heads: one for the Atom 500 and one marketed as Tracx for the Trex 500.
Does anyone know the differences (if any) and if they fit the Lepton properly?

Also on the servo side...I have Futaba 3150 which are rather slow... has anyone tried them with FBL??
apostolosnt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Lepton will be getting a mini Vbar this week

piyaphan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

finished mine with Vbar

Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Lepton FBL

Wow that looks pretty nice.
Well done. I have 2 new Leptons in their original boxes unopened.
One has a long boom and blade conversion that Hirobo released.
They both have their batteries, motors & chargers. The complete versions.
I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see the posibilities, this is where I sometimes get inspired.
Milde Shag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 06-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Wow

Yo!

Thats a nice looking setup. Did you actually paint the plastic canopy ?
Hey have you seen the X4 flybarless rotorhead its weird and short. (linked)
But after looking at it for a while it kinda gets me wondering. It would be cool to drop the r/h on the Lepton say 10-20mm. Not sure if it would be very easy though.
www.hirobo.co.nz

What is your feeling about the Edge blades? Way bigger than the original Leppy blades.
What length are you running. I have these 0303-065 L=465 for the stretch boom version.

I just have to say that your Leppy looks really sweet. I would be very proud to own a machine that looks like that. I still have the Eagle in the picture and plan on converting it to FBL and Electric power. I also have Sceadu EX with K&S stacked carbon frame, and SDX new in box, Freya Twister nib, Freya Evo nib, Shuttle RG EX nib & Freya EXII nib. Down here they are just not appreciated. I did mention that I had 2 Leppy's

Last edited by Milde Shag; 06-25-2011 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: added link to X4 fbl conversion eeew orange!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!

I love my Lepton. I'm running EDGE 423mm with the stretched boom. They are great for FBL. I was thinking of trying the EDGE 473mm but then I would have to lower head speed which also lower the tail rpm. Would that upset the tail as there will be more torque from the bigger blades and less tail authority??

My canopy is fiberglass and painted by my good friend here at Maskpro canopy.

Converted my Lepton to FBL was a great move as I need more cyclic for 3D which could not be done with the original FB head. I like my conversion which I wanted as "stock looking" as possible. Putting a new head that is not Hirobo's will not do it for me.

I've also convert my SDX to 12S electric and FBL. My 2 Turbulences will remain FB but I'm seriously considering changing the engine from YS91 to YS120.

I love you N.I.B. Hirobo fleet. I'm just like you here were I'm only one person in the whole country actively flying the Hirobo but I'm very proud of it.

Link to my RCThai's Hirobo column:
http://www.rcthai.net/webboard/viewt...926&start=1300

Link to my Lepton build column:
http://www.rcthai.net/webboard/viewt...f=110&t=426695

Link to my home flying field:
http://www.rcthai.net/webboard/viewt...066&start=2150

Link to my Logo600SE build:
http://www.rcthai.net/webboard/viewt...f=110&t=457832

Old 06-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Sweet Canopies

Daaayuummm.
Sweet canopies .
Did I mention that I had 1 FRP Eagle EX Canopy NIB & 2 Freya EX Canopies with the carbon windshield NIB
Add me. I may need a hook up for Cano-pie painting. I also have some Gaui gear.
I will be building a X5 Lite, this is the next project after that, recoup funds then aim at EP FBL Hirobo fleet. Believe me they will not be wasted
Wouldnt mind some help when converting to EP maybe we can start a new Hirobo thread for legacy.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!

Keep in touch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in