Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Wide angle view sub micro camera

I'm looking for a wider angle view for my quad!! The camera I have is 90 degree and I need a bit more view
Does anyone know where to get one?
CAMOMAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you looking for a wide-angle replacement lens for your existing camera, or do you want to buy a new camera w/wide angle lens? If you are just looking for a lens, can you provide the model camera you are using?
Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Wide angle view sub micro camera

This is the camera I have and I would buy a new camera if I have to!!! http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1276
Old 03-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry for the lag time in getting back with you! I mainly am on RCGroups forum now since I am into FPV now. I have a QAV500 that I recently installed FPV gear on and I went with the Sony PZ0420 camera that allows you to swap out different lenses. I have a 3.6, 2.8, 2.1 lenses so I can change the field of view. You will need to purchase a metal or plastic housing for this camera but as you will see if you search, there are many fans of this camera. Here is a link to purchase if you are interested - http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...-Menu-DNR.html

Forgot to add, I do not think you can change out the lense on the camera you currently have.

Last edited by ghenders; 03-16-2014 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: Addl Info
ghenders is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghenders View Post
Sorry for the lag time in getting back with you! I mainly am on RCGroups forum now since I am into FPV now. I have a QAV500 that I recently installed FPV gear on and I went with the Sony PZ0420 camera that allows you to swap out different lenses. I have a 3.6, 2.8, 2.1 lenses so I can change the field of view. You will need to purchase a metal or plastic housing for this camera but as you will see if you search, there are many fans of this camera. Here is a link to purchase if you are interested - http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...-Menu-DNR.html

Forgot to add, I do not think you can change out the lense on the camera you currently have.
Thanks but I have to keep it very small and light weight and this one is a little bigger and heavier than what I have....I am getting used to the field of view I have so guess it will work....Thanks for your time....
Old 03-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't have the same camera, but it is a tiny camera very similar to that one. What I did was bought a 120 degree lens for a keychain camera, unscrewed the lens from both cameras and swapped them. You'll have to bring it into focus by screwing it in or out until the image is sharp then use a little hot glue to secure it so it can't turn anymore. This is what I used.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120-Degrees-...item4ad21a52be
MKS 950/980
SK540
Bananaslug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in