Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh give me a break...listen to you..Im sorry your the most intelligent person that flys heli's...maybe you should fix the problem yourself. This comming from Hirobo. They have engineers that get payed alot of money to design and test this stuff. They already had a name out there unlike align with there first heli, I would expect nothing but the best from Hirobo. Honestly heli critics have shreaded that heli apart. So how about you come back with an intelligent answere for this lepton problem. If not it might be an intelligent idea to not say anything at all...
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #42 (permalink)

Alpine, you can only list 2 negative things about the lepton(which i agree)... haha cmon, u can get bigger tail fins, and also the bigger tail blades... how much is that gonna cost?
as for the Trex, I have one also, and there are alot of problems with it, BUT, if you do things such as locktite the whole heli, the next thing u know u can't get it out, you'll strip the screws... the full size pitch is MUCH better than what Align offers Imo.
ethinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well then you might need to watch Bob's locktite video...you dont need to glob the lock tight on there...lmao.

Besides the fins, whats up with the full size tail pitch slider, thats over kill. If i actually sat and thourly went over this heli I'm sure i could find more lol.

But my question...from a production standpoint, they got the tail blades wrong...how do you get those numbers wrong!? They should have asked you Bob
Old 06-28-2006, 01:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Guys, I don't like making any negative comments about a manufacturer - but the fact is - I bought a trex SE and had to spend another $300 to get it to fly the way I wanted for 3D - that is a good portion of the price of another kit.
I went to the Lepton for this reason and can live with a tail blade problem. All kits have issues - thats this hobby.
But to replace so many parts on the trex, because it didn't run true - that is a big issue for me.
You can defend a kit because you like flying it - but not becuase your ego tells you to do so and there were no problems. - you made the purchase, live with it!!
buster1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineCH.21
Honestly heli critics have shreaded that heli apart. So how about you come back with an intelligent answere for this lepton problem. If not it might be an intelligent idea to not say anything at all...
Perhaps you would care to point out all these critics. I can just as easily point to the critics that have already ripped apart the 600 and it isn't even available yet. I guess you missed the simple solution that's already been covered...REPLACE THE TAIL BLADES FOR EXTREME 3D. Did you get it this time?
Gscott is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #46 (permalink)

I made a set of blades out of another set I had. If they were balanced and true the tail will hold perfect( they are about 70mm). NO FREE PIRO. But I got a vibration since my skills at cutting tail blades are not up to par.https://www.helifreak.com/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

So I am in search of blades since FX-AM is out of them.

How big are the Voyager tails?

Jeff
Learn to Fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #47 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK OK all... enough arguing about Hirobo vs Align. This is a Lepton thread can we keep it to that please.....
Thanks.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I second that!! Just about all of us hear can tell you every nut, bolt, and resolution for the trex issues there is. This thread needs to stay on topic because I for one want to work together to get this thing setup perfect. The few of us that have this heli are paving the way for the rest of you (provided you get one in the future of course) to have a great heli. Therefore please refrain from mentioning the trex, align, helicopter company xyz, etc. unless it is to provide a solution for the current problem at hand. Once we get past this issue we can start to really use our new helis because I think this is the only problem I can really see at this time. My new kit just arrived today and I will have the repair done by tonight. The new extended tail fins showed up as well. I should have the venture blades by friday at the latest. However until Im for sure that it will work Im very afraid to try to fly it now. I've got some pretty big balls, but my pocket book cant take buying another kit since I just bought two in a week. So lets figure this thing out right!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Bob...the friend of yours that will be evaluating his lepton this weekend....what tail blades was he going to be bringing? I cant remember what you had said. Btw. I think those venture blades were something like 68-69mm. I may be wrong though. Even if they are not as long as 72mm if they are wider in the cord that could still help..right?
Old 06-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #50 (permalink)

I got the Viper carbons from FX-AM. Its all I could find and I want to fly this beast!!! I think this will be the ONLY issue with this heli too. I put a spacer under my landing gear to raise up the back, it worked great. Mr Postman will be bringing me an envelope tomorrow, I will let you know how it goes.:glasses2:

Jeff
Old 06-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

HeyJeff...what is fx-am? I will probably see the specs once I figure out what fx-am is, but if not what are the length again?
Old 06-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Jack726 said he was going to try his JR electric venture tial blades.
Me I am going to cut down a set of shuttle 30 blades.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

good...maybe I will see how his blades hold first :mrgreen:
Old 06-29-2006, 10:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think he means this:

http://www.fxaeromodels.com/product_...oducts_id=2736

The carbon ones are a bit pricey. Looks like the plastic ones are sold out.

Chris
Stuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2006, 06:21 AM   #55 (permalink)

Thats what I meant. Sorry.

I got them yesterday, they are the same length as TREX blades. The cord is wider though.

Freya blades fit the root fine, you just have to trim them down, and not whack them against the pavement...My tail shaft bent, and I broke the tail slider too. OOPPPS!

So now I am waiting for parts to arrive.

Jeff
Old 06-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #56 (permalink)

MAH0754TR fit too. They are 75mm however.

Now I just need parts.

Jeff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in