Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can't get full pitch range

Finally completed the build of my Lepton. I out the blades on to measure the pitch but my range is only like +8 to -4. I followed all the link lengths in the manual but obviously something is not correct. Any ideas?
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Are you not getting range because the pins from the head are coming out of the washout? Or you not getting range because of your radio?

Some questions:
1) The balls ont he 3 servo ARE 25mm apart? (12.5 each from center)?? If not that can cause reduced mevement
2) What radio do you have and what are your SWASH values? Mine are 55% for pitch and I reduced that from %65 as I was getting too much pitch.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm using a JR 9303. I think it was a combination of the links and the radio. I shortened the mixing arms 2 turns which gave me an equal amount of positive and negative. Then I changed the swash mixing from -50 to -60. This gave me about a +-10. I play with it some more this weekend to see how much I can get.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Also watch where your rotation pins are in the washout!
I just posted a vid for steps 30 and 31 which goes through all these adjustments.

Bob
Old 07-06-2006, 01:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Setting up picth.

Bob I remberd in your T-rex 450 xl cde videos, you showed something diffrent. In your videos you showed how to get the maximum picth range both full - and full +, and at full picth "get the swash to just touch on to the bushings" ,and try to stop any binding by shorting or lengthing the swash links. Then from there the T-rex at center stick the swashplate was in the middle of its travel. Then you lowerd your picth from the swash afr menu to give you the picth you desire which is +11 -11. But in your lepton video's you set it as close as u can to get it at 11 deggres then let it touch the bushings and if its not the picth u want, all I would have to do is raise or lower the picth and adust so the swashplate is almost touching the bushing. Can I do it this way when I get my lepton? Or will both ways work?

Thank you
cobrapilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 02:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

The lepton is a little different than the rex. With the lepton you have to watch out how LOW the swash goes so the washout block doesnt come out of the pins. Thus get your swash menu so you get full pitch range FIRST then adjust links until the washout does not come out of the pins nor does it hit the head.

Bob
Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Have one more question. How far out of the pins is ok. Im sure im trying not to get it compltley outside but lets say the pins at full colective are preaty close to being out, is this good enough as well?
cobrapilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

how far is far? can you measure how much of the pins are still in the washout block? Mine is about 5mm

Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in