Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2015, 11:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's because I melted the frame by accident due to heating of shrink wrap so it is pretty loose. Whenever I use hotglue to keep it steady, it unsticks after a few flights so that was my mistake. I used some super glue this time (I have debonder)

I have seen you mention a better motor so many times, I might be interested later but wouldn't a longer tail work just as well? I need to source them in the UK as they would certainly be a lot less hassle and cheaper than a new motor and motor mount.
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2015, 11:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
It's because I melted the frame by accident due to heating of shrink wrap so it is pretty loose. Whenever I use hotglue to keep it steady, it unsticks after a few flights so that was my mistake. I used some super glue this time (I have debonder)

I have seen you mention a better motor so many times, I might be interested later but wouldn't a longer tail work just as well? I need to source them in the UK as they would certainly be a lot less hassle and cheaper than a new motor and motor mount.
I'd recommend a 7mm diameter tail motor, and you'll need a motor mount that accepts the 2mm boom...and most likely you'll need a mCPX BL tail rotor of your mfgr choice...I use Lynx 47mm

The longer tail is an almost must too...the usual extended length is 125mm for the nCPX
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 05:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
With all due respect, nope. I fly the 200 srx in expert mode so no auto leveling. With tiny movements, the heli will stay at that angle which I can correct. But with the nano, with small adjustments, the heli is auto stabilize a bit which makes hovering the nano a ton easier than the 200 srx. I don't know why I would lie about something like this, but if you want to believe that, sure.

As for rates, no I am not finding a handful, I am just trying to think of stuff to do indoors that don't need a lot of room since it's almost always too windy outside. But that was taken care of already. I don't like reduced rates, makes the heli feel very unresponsive. If I can fly the heli fully without having to go to the outer limits of the sticks, then that is my goal, I prefer higher rates.

As for flips, I have tried but I need to secure the tail proper since it just blows out which is my fault for not correct installation. I need to also need less banging on the sticks for flips and try to keep it straight which is hard.
AS3X stability is not "auto leveling". But good luck on your journey.
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 05:24 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's half of My group of nCPX's...13 of 14 have 7mm tail motors...

10 of 14 have HH brushless upgrade main motors...

2 of 14 have Oversky outrunner main motors
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nCPX7mmTail 001.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	585180  
Old 05-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why are your tail rotors on the opposite side to stock ?
Synchronome is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 07:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchronome View Post
To provide added cooling during flight...

And because I think it looks better
Old 05-11-2015, 06:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Too windy outside (10mph+) This bird can work kinda in 5mph I think, but is very squirelly but I am waiting for a 5mph or lower wind day. Been have for a few weeks
I'll fly my nano in 10mph wind any time. I keep it 10' off the deck because of the altitude fluctuations caused by the wind but other than that it cuts right through like a champ Love doing a speed pass going with the wind!
navag8ter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchronome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
To provide added cooling during flight...
It's got its own fan for cooling, just like the expensive ESCs!
acrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrow View Post
It's got its own fan for cooling, just like the expensive ESCs!
Yep...and a lot cheaper and more effective

I haven't had a chance to really bang on one yet this year, but it would seem that having any cooling at all would be a plus for the tail motor...especially with the oversize 47mm Lynx tail rotors

I've been doing the reverse thing a lot lately, not only on the nCPX, but the mCPX, mCPX BL as well

Just for sh($&s and giggles...last nite I mounted up a dual 6mm tail...one motor each direction...have yet to test that one, but initial hover on another model and it seems all good...waiting for servos to arrive so I can put it into a mCPX w/Xtreme frame and see what it does...

If it works out, it's going to be the "Double 6-Pack Nitro Ninja Super Duper TurboTail"
Old 05-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Damn Jon, that's a pretty sweet flock of Nanos.. I was a little curious as to what your fleet looked like with all those helis listed in your signature.

And a question, what sized motor shaft does the mCPX BL tail rotor fit onto? I know the stock Nano rotors fit onto a .8mm shaft but I'm not positive about the BL, I just know it's for a slightly wider motor shaft.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 10:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Jesus View Post
Damn Jon, that's a pretty sweet flock of Nanos.. I was a little curious as to what your fleet looked like with all those helis listed in your signature.

And a question, what sized motor shaft does the mCPX BL tail rotor fit onto? I know the stock Nano rotors fit onto a .8mm shaft but I'm not positive about the BL, I just know it's for a slightly wider motor shaft.
The 7mm motors I use have a 1mm shaft...same as any mCPX BL tail rotor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in