Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 01:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No power anymore?

I've done about 20-25 flights with this bird since I got her (about 3 days worth) and I can only hover with 98% throttle on IU 0 mode. Only way to even use it anymore if to turn on F mode to 100% throttle and a straight pitch curve.

I tried to flip the nano but it doesn't have any power to recover from the downward momentum from a flip. Probably more pilot error than motor but point still stands that power has reduced a lot from new and also a drastic power decrease is noticeable after 2 mins.
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2015, 03:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like the motor's failing. I've had this happen. Sometimes the motor loses power, sometimes it squeals. I had a spare motor and swapped it... problem solved. One lasted only about 10 flights! wasn't happy about that at all!!! This one is up to about 20 so far, and seems ok.

Talking of which... I need to order a spare again.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could be the motor. Also check that the main gear is on the main shaft properly. It can start to come off after a crash. Make sure there is no gap between the top of the main gear and the underside of the frame. If it's not sitting on properly it can cause pitch problems.
DopeyWomble is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 06:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyWomble View Post
Could be the motor. Also check that the main gear is on the main shaft properly. It can start to come off after a crash. Make sure there is no gap between the top of the main gear and the underside of the frame. If it's not sitting on properly it can cause pitch problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainchy View Post
Sounds like the motor's failing. I've had this happen. Sometimes the motor loses power, sometimes it squeals. I had a spare motor and swapped it... problem solved. One lasted only about 10 flights! wasn't happy about that at all!!! This one is up to about 20 so far, and seems ok.

Talking of which... I need to order a spare again.
So... It turns out it was the Lynx pink blades I had on. It was so bendy that I guess it didn't deliver enough power? I thought it would be more resilient, but with each blade strike, there is so much of the blade that just flies off. I tried the new pair I had too, same result and I finally tried the chipped stock blades again and I had 0 problems! I actually did my first flip in real life today! I was so happy.

Shame, turns out lynx had pretty bad products, The Lynx skids I got for this bird were horrible, nothing but problems, and now the blades too. Seems like I need to stop ordering Lynx stuff, at least for this bird.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
So... It turns out it was the Lynx pink blades I had on. It was so bendy that I guess it didn't deliver enough power? I thought it would be more resilient, but with each blade strike, there is so much of the blade that just flies off. I tried the new pair I had too, same result and I finally tried the chipped stock blades again and I had 0 problems! I actually did my first flip in real life today! I was so happy.

Shame, turns out lynx had pretty bad products, The Lynx skids I got for this bird were horrible, nothing but problems, and now the blades too. Seems like I need to stop ordering Lynx stuff, at least for this bird.
Glad you found the problem, sucks that aftermarket parts you would expect to be better than stock caused it!?!?! Congrats on the first rl flip!!
Pulling my first roll was like getting bit by the heli bug all over again, now all i do is flip and roll my nano lol. Nice flying brother
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome! I just use the nano as a really fun heli to fly as I practice serious stuff on my 200SRX. Maybe I can pull off more the nano can do after I learn some more basics
Old 04-21-2015, 07:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is really nice to fly and not worry about crashing. I like to jump the gun too lol. No sim, can't fly inverted for crap, but i can flip and roll the nano and my 180 all day. As long as i don't get stuck halfway for some strange reason I see no harm in it. When your nano finally does burn the main motor, make sure to break the new one in before you put it under any load. Makes a HUGE difference. Didn't break one in and it didn't last 20 flights, this last one i plugged into the board and let it run at 1/3 power for 2-3 minutes. Then a couple gentle flights indoors, and all idle up flying since. Well over 100 flights with no problems.
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do have a sim, but I don't use it because it's too easy. i can do mediocre tick tocks and flips and rolls and stunts all day on the sim but in real life, there are heli limitations. severe wind effects, space restrictions, etc. I don't find a sim realistic at all other than learning orientation controls and core mechanics.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I do have a sim, but I don't use it because it's too easy. i can do mediocre tick tocks and flips and rolls and stunts all day on the sim but in real life, there are heli limitations. severe wind effects, space restrictions, etc. I don't find a sim realistic at all other than learning orientation controls and core mechanics.
I agree, i tried one at the lhs and there's no comparison to real life. Just adding another step to the heli progression. My 180 does fly alot more like the helis in the sim but the nano is a much better training tool. Once i could flip and roll the limited nano, gave me the skill and confidence to do the same with the 180 no prob. Since the nano chokes on these maneuvers a bit, it taught me how to recover if things don't go just right with the 180.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you are going to do very well in this hobby, you're way ahead of where i was when i just started flying a cp.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

But I do have a lot of down time due to not afford parts when my student loan runs out so I don't progress as fast as others
Old 04-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

But I do have a lot of down time due to not afford parts when my student loan runs out so I don't progress as fast as others
I feel your pain, my hrs got cut at work so things are alot tighter than im used to. I was just getting to the point i could dominate my old mcpx v2, then i got divorced and had to sell it and 90% of my otherb toys. Didn't fly for 2yrs after the divorce. Now im back on my feet and alimony is paid, started flying again with a new nano a few months ago and picked up a 180 and dx6i in February. Was so rusty after 2yrs had to learn to fly cp all over again, and as ashamed as i am to say it i had trouble binding the nano cause i forgot where rudder was at!!! Lmao actually had to stop and think about it for a few mins, of coarse when i realized what i was doing wrong i had to laugh at my own stupidity. Once i got in the air it came back quickly, but i had lost alot more skill than i thought.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

xD

Glad you're back on your feet
Old 04-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

No rush and no competition anyway. Everyone progresses at a different speed. Has taken me a long time, my impatience and stupidity has been my worst enemy. Spent alot of extra cash tryin to rush and skip important steps. Why i chose the name i have on here, this site and the ppl here saved me from giving up do to ignorance and frustration. I knew nothing and tried to go from an airhog to a 450 i bought off craigslist!! Didn't work so well to say the least. Didn't know about coax,fp,cp till i found this site doing part searches.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in