Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #121 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well for sure the test is not going to be valid anymore.

As part of the BeamE4 test flight I used the Kong pack on it and had the timer set for 5 minutes which is what I usually get out of all my 450's. Well that Scorpion -6 sucked the pack dry and I went into LV cutout on the first flight. I mentioned that in my test flight video. I realized I needed to drop the timer with that motor to 4 minutes. I flew the pack again this last weekend and it no longer felt as strong
It didn't puff but for sure I hurt it.

Needless to say guys with 113 flights on each pack in the test they all are about the same! At least they were until I hurt the Kong. So again... You can't go wrong with any of these packs and thats the bottom line.

Myself I prefer the FP or TP over the Kong and the only reason is size and weight not performance.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 04:24 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you noticed a difference in wires in the batteries you tested? Both wires to the main and the balancing terminals? I had some batteries a while back where the balancing terminal wire went bad after so many charges. Do all these batteries use the same wire types and quality? In most cases do you think the wires will outlast the lipos or have you had to throw batteries out due to shorts etc. Any handling comments about bending wires around within the canopy or while charging etc?

Thanks for doing this test even though you only got through 100+ charges, it has definitely been helpful to me.
Spectre1770 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #123 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

No I haven't had an issues with the wires on any packs except many moons ago with the APEX brand. I am am pretty ruff with my packs too!

In crashes I have cut open the insulation on the main power wire now and then and I just seal it up with liquid electrical tape or remove the Deans and put on heat shrink over the damaged area.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 AM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default thunder power

well I purchased 3 packs from http://rclipos.com/ and even though they are a similar size (2200mah) to my existing hyperion red packs (2100mah) the physical size difference is quite a bit with the TP packs larger, why is this? due to anti puff? or stronger cell makeup?
NZ_Nitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in