Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 02:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi! Been given a Belt CP....

...So the first thing was to read through the hints & tips here and of course introduce myself as the proud new co-owner of a Belt CP
My husband and I were given the Belt CP by my Dad as a wedding gift. So hubby thinks his new father in law is the best FIL ever!
The Belt is huge step up from my well used GWS dragonfly and our collection of Picco Z's and a Generic taiwanese coaxial heli (nothing like a bit of heli combat to settle marital disputes !! ).
I'm slowly introducing myself to the belt CP, progress thus far, tail servo position and gyro fiddled with till the tail behaved, blade tracking sorted and training gear fitted. We also invested in some Hyperion 2500mah packs to balance the CG which somehow led to the purchase of a Hyperion EOS 0720i charger, my justificaton to hubby was that we need a charger that balances Lipo's and my multiplex LN 5014 doesn't balance Lipo packs (just don't tell him that a seperate balancer is cheaper than a new charger, He He )
Not to much stick time yet, and no airtime(well no intentional airtime) as I'm just checking the trim and getting a feel for the new beastie , much as it's very tempting to go past the light on the skids stage but this ain't no dragonfly and I'm a CP noobie so it's baby steps for a while.

Hubby is busy getting to grips with the dragonfly as he's only flown the wee helis and he wants to learn on the dragonfly as he thinks it's not going to bite as hard as the Belt will. Yeah Right! So I've put the dragonfly back into action as it has been grounded for a while as I had to find a new mixer board for it, as thats the spare dragonfly part that is no longer available in NZ : leason learned, any other motor than the stock GWS one lets the smoke out of a PHA 300!
morrigan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What a great wedding present congraulations on your wedding and welcome to the forum.

I take it you have landing gear on as it will definately be a lot more lively than the FP heli.

It sounds like your doing all the right things, Have a look through the stickes for setup tips.

Have the heavier batteries corrected the CoG? if not its quite easy to adjust the battery position by sliding it forwards and putting foam packng behind it.

Ian
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 08:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

That is a nice present, I just got 4 toasters...lol
+1 with reading the stickies and asking any questions you have to the best forums.
Welcome and hope that you learn to love the belt like we all have..
MTboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to the forum. And as the first advice I can give is never turn off the TX before unplugging the lipo or you'll be flying without trying. Number 2 dont flip the idle up switch accidentally of once again you'll be at full head speed, or if you're lucky it'll strip the main gear before it comes after you.
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to the forum This is a great place to be! As said before read up on the stickies and feel free to ask anything that may come up! Congrats on the marrage you and your hubby will have a collection of helis in no time and be fighting over who flys what! Good luck and good flying!
Old 03-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome! What an awesome gift - when my wedding comes up here in the next while I'll likely just get toasters and coffee machines - I'm gonna have to put in the order I guess.

Also Congratulations on the wedding - hopefully you guys don't get to vilonet with those helis during disputes - they have feelings too!

As Matt was saying - make sure the idle up switch is pointing away from you at all times when the heli is on the ground! I made the mistake when I got mine - was not fun.. Let's hope it does rip the main gear off the hub or stripp the gear before it does fly wildly!

More advice from my expereince is to stock up on some easily broken parts if you don't wanna be grounded like I have. Stuff like the mainblades, feather shaft, main shaft, flybar casing and a main gear. Since my crash, I've been stuck waiting for what seems like months!

Have fun and becareful, that puppy can bite - I just learnt the hard way recently
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Except what already said above I want to add "RADD'S SCHOOL OF ROTARY FLIGHT"
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Helped me a lot to get the feeling of the bird.

+1 with "stock up on some easily broken parts " I had a boom strike, grounded for 2 weeks
Old 03-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmm... newly wed's she hasn't even found time to look at her reply's

Old 03-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 777 View Post
Hmm... newly wed's she hasn't even found time to look at her reply's

Maybe she has better things to do I'm so jealous
Old 03-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

giggle
Old 03-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi morrigan, welcome to the forum. We are as friendly a bunch of freaks as you will ever find so if you have ANY questions don't be shy.

Congrats on the wedding and the wedding present....awesome gift! Take it slow and keep us informed of your progress.
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1
Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Congrats on both the Belt CP as well as great in-laws!!

Remember, couples that fly together stay together!

karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 02:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you all for the warm welcome and all the tips!
No prizes for guessing what was our favorite wedding present, even if I'm the only one 'flying' it at the moment. Beats a toaster any day, even if a toaster doesn't re-kit itself every 5 mins.
Oh well, better go see what the strong words issuing from the lounge are about , sounds like hubby is arguing with the dragonfly and I think the dragonfly's winning
morrigan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in