Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Member from Nor Cal/ So Cal

How's it going guys. Im Brandon from california. Currently in Nor Cal, but move back and forth between so cal and nor cal for school. I have had lots of rcs, but just got my first heli. Came here because Im pretty much clueless to helis and will probably need some help. Hopefully I'll get some experience over time and can contribute. Just got a Blade MCX to start out.
CaptainBeard714 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome!

Where in Norcal are you? I'm just outside of Sacramento, lot's of good places to fly around here
FolsomFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Im in Vallejo at the california maritime academy. For sure not my favorite city, but my school is pretty nice and right on the water
Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to HeliFreak! I'm in Chico there's not a lot of heli pilots out here but flying space galore. Northern Cali is flat, great weather and lots of smiling cuties to do the heart some good. Just moved back from South to North and it is so nice out here in Chico I will probably stay this time
Old 03-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome! I'm jealous that you're in Nor Cal, it seems like So Cal is a bit weak on flying spots, particularly in the Los Angeles area. There are a few clubs, but it requires some driving. It's nothing to complain about though...
mcarter76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarter76 View Post
Welcome! I'm jealous that you're in Nor Cal, it seems like So Cal is a bit weak on flying spots, particularly in the Los Angeles area. There are a few clubs, but it requires some driving. It's nothing to complain about though...
7th street and archibald in Ontario

Welcome!!
nickypoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickypoo View Post
7th street and archibald in Ontario

Welcome!!
Thanks! Is that a flying spot?

I've been going to Valley Flyer's a lot, out in the Sepulveda Basin, but there's another spot in Sylmar that's supposed to be pretty good. I grew up in Ojai and have already discovered some good places out there. LA is seriously lacking in open spaces and abandoned lots for some reason -- they get bought up and developed too quickly. It's kind of a money grab out here.
mcarter76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBeard714 View Post
Im in Vallejo at the california maritime academy. For sure not my favorite city, but my school is pretty nice and right on the water
So u must be on mare island. A bunch of guys fly there usually on saturdays and i fly there also during the week. Good spot. Helis and quads. Welcome here. When you come across the causeway make a right turn at the light then another right into the dirt, we fly from the old street there.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haha yap I'm right by mare island. I've seen those guys there a bunch cause I take my rc trucks over there a lot. I also take my trucks out to Lagoon Valley Park in Vacaville where there is a bunch of rc planes and helis. I don't have any helis that can fly outside yet, but eventually I will.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hard to fly on a students budget but you need a nice heli. If you carefully stock the forsale section here buying from those with a great track record you can make your money go the farthest. Make sure they promise you there's no excess servo slop, bad bearings/parts and the motor is good. If untrue they refund for price of new parts. They will back out if they check to find problems before the sale But again only if they are old member with feedback or a good rep. (Bad part is if the deal sours Paypal makes you cover return postage)
Old 03-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarter76 View Post
Thanks! Is that a flying spot?

I've been going to Valley Flyer's a lot, out in the Sepulveda Basin, but there's another spot in Sylmar that's supposed to be pretty good. I grew up in Ojai and have already discovered some good places out there. LA is seriously lacking in open spaces and abandoned lots for some reason -- they get bought up and developed too quickly. It's kind of a money grab out here.
It's actuall Rancho Cucamonga not Ontario sorry

But yes on weekends it's a great spot
nickypoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome Brandon...Im not sur eif I met you or not but I fly at Lagoon Valley and drive trucks there as well. have we met? If not come say hello when you are there...
Old 03-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I drive a white Nissan mid travel truck. Haven't flown anything there but drove some on the track. Might be out there later today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in