Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have never had any interest in buying an Exxtreme, but I do follow the threads just to stay current with all things logo.

From all the not-so-subtle hints that have been thrown our way for the last few months how could anyone NOT KNOW the Exxtreme was going to come with all the extras and only run on 14s setups!!!

Frankly I don’t see the same sort of outrage at the Bentley dealership because they only offer leather seats with the car.

This is a high performance heli packed with high performance parts that are finely tuned to offer you the very best possible flying experience in an 800 class heli for a very reasonable price. I really don’t see what the problem is??
Bullfrog98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog98 View Post
I really don’t see what the problem is??
The main problem is that some people were hoping to use some of their existing components. Some, including myself, even bought a Vbar specially for it. I remember asking if I could use a Mini Vbar with it and was advised to get the full size as it would be more future proof.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=458
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=459
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=463

I have that Vbar right here sealed up BNIB, although I did get it for only $270 as part of a 6003D combo. I accept that we were talking about a Logo 700 at that time and not an 800, so I don't blame OICU12 or Dave for it in any way. I do think Mikado kind of lost their way changing from a 700 to an 800 half way through the project. I remember when I was about 6 years old I would sometimes start to paint a picture of an aeroplane and it would end up as a space ship or something else quite different. Anyway, this is just a hobby and it's about being creative so mikado should follow their own inspirations.

Now I'm thinking of putting the spare full size Vbar I have in a Goblin 700, but only if they release a Red, Orange or Yellow version. I'm not buying a Green one for sure. if I do that then I will use some of the components from my 600SE and convert that into a 500. I have enough spare stuff that all I need to buy is the goblin kit, some cyclic servos and I'm done. I may re-visit the XXtreme project later next year. Lets see if I still have a job then.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
Now I'm thinking of putting the spare full size Vbar I have in a Goblin 700, but only if they release a Red, Orange or Yellow version..
Yellow/Orange/white colorcombo. is coming. saw it at Alpine Heli Smackdown.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nko15 View Post
Yellow/Orange/white colorcombo. is coming. saw it at Alpine Heli Smackdown.
Yep, saw those but pre-order kits will be Green, so I'm waiting.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBe3D View Post
That's excellent support right there. Not even an explanation or understanding on your part. What a shame.

Look, I'm not looking to pick an argument, but atleast explain this:

I'm not dense, so don't make me out to look stupid because I fully expected this heli to fly on 12S. Mikado and Dave have both advertised that it could, and now you (and possibly Dave) are stating that it won't. Yeah I'm a little upset at that, but don't make me sound like the ignorant one for expecting it to do so.
Sick! Let's buy a supercar and run it on 95RON!
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

So is there a date when it will be available or it will be in stock one moment with no word.

Last edited by jhheli; 12-06-2011 at 12:37 PM..
jhheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhheli View Post
So is there a date when of will be available or it will be in stock one moment with no word.
Early 2012 is the only date that has been communicated.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm under no illusion that my pre-order will arrive before the end of January. Mikado are shutting down for Christmas on the 23rd Dec until 9th Jan, so unless they ship a batch before the 23rd Dec to heli shops, they wont be shipping until after the 9th Jan, so allow a week or so for them to get the kits out to your chosen dealer, then another week or so for them to get the kit out to your door. Earliest will be 23rd Jan.
I'll be delighted if its before then, but don't hold your breath.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:04 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it will come out withe Kontronic Combo with new 14S Jive & Pyro

Also, hope still has one kit, as there is some powerful staff like Jive and KDE 700XF 395KV motor. and EDGE 750mm blade , SAB 770 blade??
Old 12-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #70 (permalink)

My HF Map location

As much as I hate to even think about it, I really cannot deny to myself I really want one of these HUGE beasts. Luckily for me, I can't pay for one right now, so for now..... I am still resisting.

It is funny, I was talking to Finless and Tony today about this machine and the showing at the SOCAL HF Event and we were all like, man!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in