Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Not sure i get the locked in feeling

running a Trex 450 Pro V2 with the 3GX. followed the setup. running most default settings. 105 on my aileron and elevator gain as see in the software. using radio expo of 35%, no 3gx expo. naturally on v. 3.0 of the software.

The heli flies fine. really good in fact compared to my SE. But I do not get a 'locked in' feeling. Honestly not sure if I would recognize it if I saw it. But for example in hover with no wind she doesn't just sit there like many people have described. she floats around much like my se FB heli. If FFF she definitely tracks better, no doubt. When I do a piro, in either direction strangely enough, she kind of shoots off to the right.

As guys at the field comment on my recent improvements in flying I attribute most of it to the heli, but is this normal or where should I start tweaking?

any suggestions are appreciated.
Drivelayer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivelayer View Post
running a Trex 450 Pro V2 with the 3GX. followed the setup. running most default settings. 105 on my aileron and elevator gain as see in the software. using radio expo of 35%, no 3gx expo. naturally on v. 3.0 of the software.

The heli flies fine. really good in fact compared to my SE. But I do not get a 'locked in' feeling. Honestly not sure if I would recognize it if I saw it. But for example in hover with no wind she doesn't just sit there like many people have described. she floats around much like my se FB heli. If FFF she definitely tracks better, no doubt. When I do a piro, in either direction strangely enough, she kind of shoots off to the right.

As guys at the field comment on my recent improvements in flying I attribute most of it to the heli, but is this normal or where should I start tweaking?

any suggestions are appreciated.
How much cyclic deg. did you get when setting the limits? The limits provide the mechanical limitations of the 3GX's corrections and if to low will effect correction, A 450 out of setup cyclic should be13 -13.5. Gain and cyclic limits go hand in hand. cyclic being low will require more gain, cyclic being high will require lower gain
-
Old 12-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I didn't actually check after i reduced the rates. I have increased my rates back up to the default setting now that i have grown comfortable. Not flown her yet since, but i should know tomorrow.

Thanks once again Bad.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok Bad you are the man. turning the Ail / Ele back up to the default settings added alot of stability at hover. My piro's are better as well. flying in 10Mph winds isn't so bad.

Now i have to get used to the faster roll and pitch rates.. But that is part of the fun.

Thanks buddy, if you ever get to N. Fla give me a shout. i'd like to buy you a beer.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivelayer View Post
I didn't actually check after i reduced the rates. I have increased my rates back up to the default setting now that i have grown comfortable. Not flown her yet since, but i should know tomorrow.

Thanks once again Bad.
The rates control how fast the cyclic reacts but has no effect on the max cyclic the FBL will provide. That's in the limits and it tells the controller how mechanical ravel it has to use and interacts with the gain to. The more cyclic set with the limits the more reaction you get from controller at lower gain, lower limits and you'll need higher gains. That's why I asked no much cyclic you had out of setup.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok flew several times today since turning up the rates to the default settings. Like it is it looks like i am getting about 12 degree on the cyclic measured when my collective is at mid stick. She is holding tighter and flying better. I do have one other issue that i am gonna start a new post for because i am sure it is not related ..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in