Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 'Rex-cam blades

I just got come carbon 350's for the T-REX. I haven't installed them yet but the tail clearance looks tight. Has anyone else used these? I shouldn't have a problem as I'm not 3D'ing the Fuji. Stay tuned...
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have the extended tail boom and belt?

350 sounds like it is just a little larger than the absolute max cleareance you should have on a stock trex, meaning that I would think it would hit.

Sure you might not go inverted with it, but it still leads and lags. Instead of having the blades straight out from the grips, try angling them back a few inches, with some positive pitch, and see if it still clears the tail
hfgencollon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Who's selling the extended boom/belt?

I broke a tail blade on a bumpy landing. Mains unscathed. I just stiffened the head with BCP head-washers. It was fairly stiff but even more so now. On the plus side I have no vibe probs with this ship.
Extended sound good. This bird looks really impressive with the Yellow on black blades with Yellow fiberglass canopy and yellow fins ! You can notice the size difference when looking at it.
In the air it flies great . I had to swap out motors last week. It is flying great on a stock Align 430L and 11T. RPM is just good enough with the 325 or 350's. The 350's seem to spin just as easily as the 325 woodies.

Rotortech makes FINE blades !
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Make your own.

This is it. NOBODY sells a boom to clear the 350mm blades that Rotortech makes. Now I do. One problem. It is made of brass. I got a 36" length of thinwall brass tubing 15/32" almost EXACTLY 12mm dia. It weighs just over double the equiv. aluminum item. I'm not gonna' squawk. I also ordered some belts. The plan is to add approx. 20 mm in length to the tail.
This is definately a Stretch model now!@
I got the tubing today. I am going to start fitting the new boom in annnnnticipation of the new belts coming later next week.

Wanna know how??? Send money or knowledge.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.helihobby.com/html/lmh_upgrades.html

Look at the replacement boom for the crazy E tail upgrade.
Its about 15 inches long and 12mm. I have one on my corona and i'll be happy to remove it and test fit it on my SE for ya in exchange of some money or knowledge :p

:edit:
i meant 12 mm, sorry

Last edited by bullaculla; 09-09-2007 at 11:43 PM..
bullaculla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

need 12mm. I'll let you know how the brass tubing works. Its .014 wall thickness. As I said it's heavier but this IS for a camera ship and I already have good leeway on C.G. by moving my camera.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in