Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default G20 HD Head Problem

I am building the HD, just started. I got the head built, but the grips are SO tight. I took out spacers, put in spacers, just can't get it to loosen up. It also feels notchy. What am I doing wrong? Should I just go with the Trex700 head? I do want to keep it flybarred for now.
Please, someone have the answers, I have spent over 4 hours just on the head already.

Thanks,
Jamie
"Team HeliProz"
JRAllen is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd take the bearings out of the grips and see if they're still notchy. I had a similar problem with mine and Century sent me a new set of bearings that were good. My G20 came with both FB and FBL heads. I'm flying FBL for the last 2 yrs. It's a great heli either way.
Make sure to check all bearings before you install them. Is it possible that you over tightened the screws? I did that and distorted the bearing just enough to ruin the bearing.

Ted

I always have fun. Some times are more fun than others.
I can't remember half the crap I forgot.
strat1960s is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2014, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. I think I may just go with a Trex 600 metal head. I've been told it will bolt right up on the Radikal Main shaft.

Jamie
Old 03-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have heard that many of the Trex 600 parts will fit on the G20. I will be replacing the century swash with a TREX 600 swash.

Hope it works out for you.

Ted

I always have fun. Some times are more fun than others.
I can't remember half the crap I forgot.
strat1960s is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmm...sounds like my tail...it was notchy and very tight, apparently a known bearing issue, but I was assured by century that it was not a bearing issue...so I put a rex600 tail on it and it's perfect. The head on mine (hd flybarred), however, worked great from the start
AE .50 apache, TT .90 TOW MD500, 2 x JR ergo 60, TT x50 titan, TT 50, TT 30, 3 x MTe325, MSH Mini protos, trex 450 Apache, MT cobra, Airwolf 450, Blade 400, century 50 Bell 47, MT EC135, RADIKAL G20, trex450 MD500, Protos 500
Bikersurgeon is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Agreed the best thing you can do to the G20 is toss the tail and put on a TRex 600 tailslider and TRex 600 or 700 tail grips and hub.
TRex 450L 6S Spirit FBL
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had issues with the bearings supplied with Century kits quite a bit. They need to get a quality supplier, there current supplier for bearings is crap. I took the metal century tail from my swift and put it on my G20.
Bustedmp is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The first tail replacement that I put on my g20 was one off of my ergo 60 and it worked great. It's bad when a tail from a 1996 helicopter that has sat in a garage for 17 years works great and a new stock one doesn't. It's even worse when the company refuses to back up the known issue and replace the problem parts...instead they ASSURE me the bearing isn't the problem. I am not a nit picker...I am about as laid back as they come, and the cost of the replacement trex parts wasn't an issue (especially with hillbillys generous offering), but it just irks me that they brushed my problem off....with the demise of min air they could step up their quality control and customer service and do us proud.
AE .50 apache, TT .90 TOW MD500, 2 x JR ergo 60, TT x50 titan, TT 50, TT 30, 3 x MTe325, MSH Mini protos, trex 450 Apache, MT cobra, Airwolf 450, Blade 400, century 50 Bell 47, MT EC135, RADIKAL G20, trex450 MD500, Protos 500
Bikersurgeon is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I thought of something. Are the bearing still rough when you pull on the grips like they would be in flight. If they are smooth that way call it good and move on. I have had birds that the bearings feel bad until you load them and then they are smooth. If nothing else move on for now and mess with the head after you get the rest of the bird done the problem might jump out at you when you are working on something else.
TRex 450L 6S Spirit FBL
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Soled the head problem. A guy made me a sweet deal on a Trex600 LE metal head with swash and it's going on it... Now you all have me worried about the tail....lol

Jamie
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in