Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New hbfp owner got some ?'s

Hey guys just bought a used HBFP v2 for something to tool around with in my front yard and for learning more orientation skills so i can fly my trex 450 better. Been surfing through the faq and around this portion of the forum and i have a couple of questions.

First off are there any mods that are MUST HAVE...i have read the direct drive tail seems to be pretty popular so i think i will be ordering that first but is there anything else?

I have noticed parts are starting to get scarce especially from US suppliers, is there anything i am going to certainly need that i should go ahead and order now?

And lastly....batteries...its coming with the stock lipo but can i go with a bigger Mah or am i pretty much stuck with the 3s 11.1v 800mah lipo's. Is there a specific size that fits? I am looking at the gens ace 800mah 20c 3s batteries from hobbypartz.com since they are pretty affordable and in my past experience are pretty good batteries
shadow102 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Hey guys just bought a used HBFP v2 for something to tool around with in my front yard and for learning more orientation skills so i can fly my trex 450 better. Been surfing through the faq and around this portion of the forum and i have a couple of questions.

First off are there any mods that are MUST HAVE...i have read the direct drive tail seems to be pretty popular so i think i will be ordering that first but is there anything else?

I have noticed parts are starting to get scarce especially from US suppliers, is there anything i am going to certainly need that i should go ahead and order now?

And lastly....batteries...its coming with the stock lipo but can i go with a bigger Mah or am i pretty much stuck with the 3s 11.1v 800mah lipo's. Is there a specific size that fits? I am looking at the gens ace 800mah 20c 3s batteries from hobbypartz.com since they are pretty affordable and in my past experience are pretty good batteries

Many say the fuse mod is a must to protect your 4 in 1, in my opinion the DD for sure is a must as well as a good head stiffiner paired with a good set of blades.

Also if you are used to a Trex 450, it will be very annoying to you that even with the DD tail it still wont hold very good. So to get your tail to hold the best it can you would need to add an extenal Gyro.
But if you just want to tool aroudn in your yard, blades DD tail setup and a stiffiner to get rid of head flex.

There is a ton of info on here about batteries for Bees, i think alot of people stay away from going bigger than 1000 mah, it get too heavy.
Birdkiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
Many say the fuse mod is a must to protect your 4 in 1, in my opinion the DD for sure is a must as well as a good head stiffiner paired with a good set of blades.

Also if you are used to a Trex 450, it will be very annoying to you that even with the DD tail it still wont hold very good. So to get your tail to hold the best it can you would need to add an extenal Gyro.
But if you just want to tool aroudn in your yard, blades DD tail setup and a stiffiner to get rid of head flex.

There is a ton of info on here about batteries for Bees, i think alot of people stay away from going bigger than 1000 mah, it get too heavy.
thanks for the heads up...btw need to come out to noonday park with sarge and the lockheed guys one of these days
Old 05-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
thanks for the heads up...btw need to come out to noonday park with sarge and the lockheed guys one of these days

I would love to but, working at nights right now and 6 days a week, plus cant seem to keep the BEE in the air lately.

I hardly have time to fly around in my back yard!

It sucks
Old 05-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was telling Sarge I ran into Matt Botos the owner of Synergy helicopters and a couple other Synergy guys that were flying just a few miles from my house. Those guys are flat out amazing to watch.

They said I need to get out to CCRC, have you ever been there? They are having some kind of event there soon I would like to make it to.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no never been there still fairly new to flying in the area
Old 05-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

fuse mod is #1, then again, if you fly a Trex you probably don't have as many 'incidents' as I do
toonttm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

So a few things i found with my HBFP is that a fuse mod will save you lots of time and money It really was never able to strip the gears but it sure did blow the electronics.

When it comes to parts i know what you mean about them being scarce, I would just stock up on 5-10 of the common crash parts when they came in stock since they are so cheep (outer and inner control, rotor head, links, shafts and booms)

Also a nice upgrade was the SuperBlades (EZ and XP), i dont know if they are still around but they did help me alot over the stock blades.

If you are looking for a crash kit, i have an entire warehouse full of parts, well not literally, that i was planning to list for sale, if your in the market shoot me a PM and i can give you the run down, otherwise keep an eye on the everything else for sale thread

Good luck, and stick with it, you will be flying in no time!

-Rich
RC-ichard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yeah going to buy a set of those blades if i can find them i have heard bad things about the stock blades...the hbfp i bought comes with

4 link sets
4 blade holders
1 main blades
1 tail rotor
and a couple other small things

looks like i am going to need to find some main shafts and tail booms. Probably look into just outfitting it with some trex 450 skids. Already have some fuses at my work just going to solder them in or make a fuse holder.

going to also order two of these tonight to go along with the stock lipo:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-20c-800-3s1p.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in