Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 03:29 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

O, thx...

Where can I fond one in Seattle area? Any know?
Eco 8 (Grave Yard)
scalci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Super combo - new in box. Still sealed up. Need money for my 450.

$139 shipped USPS first class - Shipped to US only. PM me if you want it. PayPal only

Last edited by bbking9; 03-23-2011 at 09:34 AM..
bbking9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ordered a Trex 100 today will report back after i have flown as have a Blade Mcp x which i think is awesome but had to treat myself to an Align trex 100 for indoors and just too experience the difference.......

Supertuna
Old 03-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Ha! Your kidding right? Whats to build? If you cant bolt on a head then model trains might be better for you

What kind of cracks me up is how the radio looks a lot in front face design as the JR 11X

Bob
I think it's not a building video, but how to dismantle or destroy a T100
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well Trex 100 turned up yesterday and quickly put it together really looks the part but not a real good experience very unstable and tail struggling to hold all the time compared to the mCP x not in it's league and i know all you out there will say different class but i would have thought better from Align as i am a fan of there heli's but surely these should fly better......and to finish off hit the tail boom on the ground and boom broken...
Supertuna.

p.s looks good on the display shelf in my lounge room though....
Old 05-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mSR vs TRex 100

I own both the mSR and the TRex 100. Here's what I think.

-The mSR is a bit more stable
-Better charger capable of charging 4 batteries come with the NSR however, the TRex's controller can charge one battery at the time in addition to the provided 2-batteries charger.
-I'm in Taiwan and here, the mSR costs almost twice as much as the TRex 100 (After currency conversion it works out as follows: mSR= 186$ TRex 117$
-Parts for the mSR are expensive in Taiwan and you have to wait about a week to get them. The TRex is made here so all the parts are cheap and available in local hobby stores.
-The mSR can be set to "beginner mode" with one flick of a button which is nice for beginners flying indoor.
-The mSR sold in Taiwan is in Mode 1 which is not what I fly. I had a technician switch the controls but it only worked for a day. The TRex can be changed from Mode 1 and Mode 2 in 2 minutes without soldering. The controller on the msr feels cheap while the TRex controller feels sturdy and it has a nice digital display showing trim settings and power gauges. The TRex wins hands down as far as the controller goes.
The TRex comes complete with a flight simulator which is fun and very helpful in developing the necessary reflexes for a beginner like me.

My conclusion is simple. Performance wise, they are very much the same but the TRex is cheaper, the parts are all available and affordable and it comes with a flight simulator which ultimately, saves me some money by learning on a computer as opposed to learning by crashing the heli over and over again.

For experienced pilots living in the US, the mSR BNF version might be a better option, but for an unexperienced pilot like me who lives in Taiwan, the TRex 100 is by far a smarter choice.

YMMV
RobinTaiwan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just got mine today - 30 min`s of checking the setup and charged 2 li-po`s - flew for 15 mins.

Fun little indoor chopper that you can LOOP with. ;-) need space for the loop, but its possible.

They are not a 3d Heli, but fun all the same for what you get in the box. Wish i got the Bind version with my Spetrum DX. silly me.
TReX 600 TReX 700 Flybarless TReX 450 TReX 700 TReX 450#2 TReX 250 TReX 100 Blade MCPx
All on one DX7
PacketSpike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacketSpike View Post
Fun little indoor chopper that you can LOOP with. ;-)
Video or it didn't happen.
Frank_fjs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph280 View Post
Did a quick flight before getting dark. The temperature was about 70F and calm wind. The heli leaped off the ground without difficulties. Align has incorporated some right cyclic mixing during lift off, so it will offset the natural left drift tendencies. But if throttle is increased too slow, the pro-longed right mixing will cause it to drift to the right before lifting off. So I basically punched the throttle and it just went straight up.

After lift off it settled into a stable hover similar to other helicopters of this size. Flew some clockwise circuit easily, and counter-clockwise circuit required more rudder compensation and proved to be slightly more difficult. Not surprising considering the common tail motor drive design.

Instruction states the link rod can be moved to outer servo horn hole for more agility, which I plan to try this weekend...
So this is normal then that it will drift to the right with a slow throttle? I just got one and it does just that. I thought there was a problem and I kept adjusting the aileron trim and nothing helped, even tried to adjust the servo horn as the troubleshooting instructions suggested. I'm about to take it back after frustrating tries without correction. So again, this is normal for it to drift to the right if the throttle is turned slow? I'm afraid to punch the throttle and it drifts fast to the right and gets damaged.
maneram is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacketSpike View Post
Wish i got the Bind version with my Spetrum DX. silly me.
Whattaya mean bind version with Spektrum DX? Thanks!

Casey
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon
major.monogram is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Video or it didn't happen.
Me too, I like to learn how to loop. Thx,
maxbreaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Trex 100

I really don't understand.
All people, including the video, this little thing flies like a dream.
Mine is going everywhere except the way I want it. Cannot get it trimmed at all.

Of course I am doing something wrong... But What??
fiscalo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 04:26 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiscalo View Post
I really don't understand.
All people, including the video, this little thing flies like a dream.
Mine is going everywhere except the way I want it. Cannot get it trimmed at all.

Of course I am doing something wrong... But What??
Y not only one... i think of a sledge hammer each time i see that piece crap...
Old 06-28-2014, 04:33 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was looking for a micro heli to replace my (deceased) Walkera CB-100. Something that flies as scale-like the CB-100 did, just for docile flights in my living room. I also have a couple of mSR's, and I learnt to fly micros with my (now sold) Solo Pro.

Straight out of the box, my new T-Rex 100X did not fly well. But after a wee bit adjustments of the servos, wooho; it flies like the CB-100. So I will keep the servo rods in the outer holes on the servo arms (the inner holes are for more agressive flying).

I like this bird a lot. It flies nice, and like the quality of the servos...good to get rid of the open linear ones. Maybe I will replace my Blade mCP with the T-Rex 150 BL too.
Helicrush is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2014, 06:58 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicrush View Post
So I will keep the servo rods in the outer holes on the servo arms (the inner holes are for more agressive flying).
Bummer...inner holes are for docile flying; I like the outer holes anyway.
Helicrush is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in