Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoFreak View Post
Those settings work great! (using tail code flashed for main) I didn't have any issue with stall under heavy load on bench like before. Better than original main code overall. I'm running at 100% flat throttle, 95% pitch travel. Good work!

On bench I could only get 63 grams peak static thrust at 3.7V & 3.1 amps with the tail code verses 65g for main code (using same constant power source at 100% throttle), but tail code performs better in the air. Also, the stock nano with HH esc only produced 57g and 2.8 amps max.
I am pleased you are experiencing what I have found, I am running a V throttle 100,80,60,80,100, and this gives more punch than a 100 flat throttle, I have reduced the pitch travel to compensate for a deteriorating tail motor. I find this xp3a combo way above the std. HH kit and more should try it.
JonBee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Did you guys ever try gov range low on main? or multi code?

Btw the ppm value sliders have zero effect when using the esc on the nano board.

I'll set the inrunner back up in a gearbox and test which code and settings make the most power soon.
In response to the above question I can confirm I have tried Gov. range low in both Main and Multi and it does not give the same performance or pop when flying compared to using the Tail code.
JonBee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been having a play around today using the HH BL motor and an XP3A and have had some reasonable results.

Flashing with TAIL code and set up as posted by JonBee works very well.

I have also been messing with the MULTI code and have had some good results using the settings shown in the attachment running 80% pitch and 100% flat throttle curve, stock tail with KBDD rotor and TBO is minimal, punch is good on pitch pumps and flips with little bogging unless you go really hard on the sticks.

These setting may be far from ideal and I welcome any comments on how they can be improved as I'm a total noob when it comes to this kind of thing.

Unfortunately I have managed to kick the heli off my PC whilst the flashing plug was attached resulting in the pads for the flashing port to be ripped off the ESC rendering it kinda useless and ending my testing prematurely.

Time permitting tomorrow I will fit a new ESC and have a play with some more settings although it will be the MX 3A ESC as I have no more spare XP3A's to play with.

So far the big question is why does the HH BL motor perform so poorly using the MAIN code compared to TAIL or MULTI?

Compared to the HH ESC the performance gain using an XP3A is minimal but the main advantage to me it that it does get rid of the annoying motor brake that the HH ESC has programed into it causing the heli to spin wildly when you hit throttle hold.

General conclusion so far is if you want to go brushless just go straight for one of Dylan's BL kit's from Astroid , they are far superior to anything else available and are worth every penny.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BESCSetup.png
Views:	259
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	501789  
Wigz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I have a nano with hh brushless kit and recently the wires ripped out of the esc and the ruined the board. I called horizon and to their credit they are comping me a new board but are back ordered till mid may. I'm running the stock motor atm and after reading these posts am really interested in trying an xp3a. The only problem being is that I'm completely ignorant about how they work and have no idea what you guys are talking about in regard to flashing, how to do it, what is required and some of the settings that you are referring too (I just recently bought a DX8 my first programmable tx and am getting acquainted with it). I was wondering if there were any resources you could point me to in order to get educated or if someone could briefly explain?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I have a nano with hh brushless kit and recently the wires ripped out of the esc and the ruined the board. I called horizon and to their credit they are comping me a new board but are back ordered till mid may. I'm running the stock motor atm and after reading these posts am really interested in trying an xp3a. The only problem being is that I'm completely ignorant about how they work and have no idea what you guys are talking about in regard to flashing, how to do it, what is required and some of the settings that you are referring too (I just recently bought a DX8 my first programmable tx and am getting acquainted with it). I was wondering if there were any resources you could point me to in order to get educated or if someone could briefly explain?
Hey, welcome. HH must have sent me their last one. Just got it a couple days ago. Sorry about that. They are pretty good about replacing stuff. I like that about HH. Even when, like in your case, it isn't their fault.

So maybe now is a good time to get yourself a small soldering iron and work on your soldering skills. Should be able to solder those wires right back on, right? It has become very clear to me that in this hobby, especially with micros, you need to know how to solder. There is a wealth of knowledge here on this forum, and always willing to help. Do a search for BLHeli, and you should be able to find the flashing information. You can buy those boards flashed, too. I believe megas micros has them in stock. Must be able to solder, though.
hookedonflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

This was not the first time they came off. It's a long story but I did solder them back on once. I either did a crappy job or was too rough cuz I was moving the esc to reflow my rx chip and they broke off the board taking part of the board with them. So now I'm running a stock motor till the esc comes in. I am very interested in learning more though, I've been bitten by the upgrade bug and love every time I put a new part on the heli and see the improvement in performance.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This was not the first time they came off. It's a long story but I did solder them back on once. I either did a crappy job or was too rough cuz I was moving the esc to reflow my rx chip and they broke off the board taking part of the board with them. So now I'm running a stock motor till the esc comes in. I am very interested in learning more though, I've been bitten by the upgrade bug and love every time I put a new part on the heli and see the improvement in performance.
I hear you on the "upgrade bug" thing. It's very contagious. Next thing I really need to do is go for the "wild" motor. I think the mild one was a mistake for me, but at the time I thought it was right. Just not enough of a performance upgrade for me over the stock, and now that I put a Spin 8000KV motor on my 130x my nano's seem like total dogs. And the upgrade merry-go-round continues.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pity you!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Queation the wild is the 16600 motor and the mild is the 13500 motor?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonflying View Post
I hear you on the "upgrade bug" thing. It's very contagious. Next thing I really need to do is go for the "wild" motor. I think the mild one was a mistake for me, but at the time I thought it was right. Just not enough of a performance upgrade for me over the stock, and now that I put a Spin 8000KV motor on my 130x my nano's seem like total dogs. And the upgrade merry-go-round continues.
avet4life is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by avet4life View Post
Queation the wild is the 16600 motor and the mild is the 13500 motor?????
That is correct.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I pity you!
Thanks. I'll try to be strong and work my way through this with the rest of my fellow addicts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in