Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Bergen R/C Helicopters

Bergen R/C Helicopters Bergen Intrepid 90 Intrepid Turbine Observer Industrial Twin Observer Turbine Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
This one has a white frame and looks alot like my MA60 Custom from the early 90's.

Sounds like a bent frame xcell with the Bergen frame kit. I have two of them in original form. There is a replacement servo tray that is made out of G10. I have one sitting on my bench. I think MAS still has parts support for the bird. I have never had a spindle or main shaft that I couldn't straighten out by using a vise,couple bearings, a piece of glass, a dial indicator, and a hammer. There is always ebay for parts too. I suggest your friend searches for a few main gears as back up. The bird was designed for a 60 engine and without beefing up the tail, he will rip it up using a 90. It's like my brother that put in a more powerful engine in his car, he destroyed the transmission, replaced it with a stronger one and destroyed the differential, replaced that and then destroyed the axles. I hope he got a good deal on the bird, the last one I bought off of ebay only cost me $150 with servos and engine. Does the bird have the U shaped pipe that passes through the frame above the main gear?

Thanks for the info Chris, hope you have some old stock sitting around.
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #42 (permalink)
DJC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Chris and Crash. Chris do you still have parts for this or should we go to RonLund?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbergen View Post
That would be an MA bird, possibly with our G10 frame conversion on it.

All other parts would probably have to come from MA.

C&B, I have brand new 643 carbs for $35....

Edit, you're engine is the older G23.....You need a walbro 167 carb, not the 643...Let me see if I have any of the older carbs hanging around.
DJC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It isn't a Bergen helicopter, it is a Miniature Aircraft helicopter and they are still in business. Here is a link.
http://www.miniatureaircraftusa.com/

Bergen only made a different add on frame for the bird because the original bent aluminum frame would stress and crack.

Here is a site to get the manual in PDF form
http://www.rchelibase.com/xcell/

I'm guessing it is this bird, Model 1001 X-Cell 60 - bent frame,

Your post got me thinking if I could still get parts, and the answer is yes, MA still sells the main gear.

Thank god they didn't follow the Kyosho model, make a bird,sell the bird, discontinue the bird,stop support,sell a different bird.

Ron Lunds is a good source for parts.
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
All other parts would probably have to come from MA.
Though we may have some of the frame pieces hiding in our discontinued shelves, the rest of the helicopter mechanics, pieces like main shafts, tail housings, front tray, main gear, tail drive system, etc were manufactured by MA and would have to come from them.

This is one of the reasons we got away from "conversions" as they required different sources for different parts. When you crash on Sunday, you had to call MA for some parts, then call us for others.

Add to that the difficulties that ensued when "changes" were made to the donor aircraft, the conversion pieces then didn't work with the "new" version.

Then those 500 pcs on the shelf just became obsolete.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #45 (permalink)
DJC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What years did something like this happen?

Thanks again

Quote:
Though we may have some of the frame pieces hiding in our discontinued shelves, the rest of the helicopter mechanics, pieces like main shafts, tail housings, front tray, main gear, tail drive system, etc were manufactured by MA and would have to come from them.

This is one of the reasons we got away from "conversions" as they required different sources for different parts. When you crash on Sunday, you had to call MA for some parts, then call us for others.

Add to that the difficulties that ensued when "changes" were made to the donor aircraft, the conversion pieces then didn't work with the "new" version.

Then those 500 pcs on the shelf just became obsolete.
DJC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The decision was made to move to our own complete aircraft in 1994, with production and first sales occuring in 1995.

The discontinuing of the conversions happened over time, as stocks were depleted or changes were made to the donor machines by thier various manufacturers, rendering our parts obsolete.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The decision was made to move to our own complete aircraft in 1994, with production and first sales occuring in 1995.

The discontinuing of the conversions happened over time, as stocks were depleted or changes were made to the donor machines by thier various manufacturers, rendering our parts obsolete.
Just doing some reading, and I don't like the sounds of this! I'm hoping the Observer EB I bought is all Bergen. A bunch of the stuff with it is around 2003 time frame. What are the chances I have bought something for which there are no parts available?
Old 08-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm sure Chris will jump in here to clarify, but Im sure parts are still available.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:50 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Observer aircraft are made from ALL Bergen parts, no parts from other heli manufacturers are used.

Keep in mind the difference between "hobby" vs "Industrial/commercial" aircraft and don't read too much into old discussions..
Old 08-29-2014, 06:44 AM   #50 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
Thanks Chris and Crash. Chris do you still have parts for this or should we go to RonLund?
Last time I was at Ron's shop he had a surprising amount of MA Bent Frame parts. If you have not found what you need by now you should call.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
Last time I was at Ron's shop he had a surprising amount of MA Bent Frame parts. If you have not found what you need by now you should call.
Agreed! Ron (www.ronlund.com) probably has one of the largest Miniature Aircraft parts stock in the country. He's worth a try!

Good luck & Fly Safe,
Steve R.
Intrepid175 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in