Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2015, 02:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Separate Receiver (RX) Battery Pack for Gpro

Hi,

Can someone help or point me in the right direction. I can't seem to find an answer.

I have a trex 600L dominator and I want to run a separate 2 cell lipo battery for the align gpro v1.2. I have the servos, 2 spektrum dsmx satellites and ESC connected but have not powered anything up yet. The separate battery has an xt60 connector and I don't want to run an external bec if I don't have to.

Will I overpower the gpro if I connect both the ESC wires (which i believe includes power already) and also plug a charged 2 cell lipo as well into the battery port? I was going to cut off the xt60 connector and solder a JR style plug to go in the batt port.

Also can I confirm that I don't need an external bec? The gpro can take voltage up to 8.4 volts it says so a 2 cell should be fine right?

In the past with my blade 450 and other small planes I have always just run the ESC into the receiver but with a big bird like the 600 i feel safer with a separate pack.
dodge_pheonix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The ESC is 'OPTO' so it has no internal BEC, so you dont need to worry about any 'conflict' between the BEC and the LiPo.

You want to keep the XT60 and make up a harness that has a mating XT60 one end and TWO JR type servo plugs the other. The two plugs go to the 'battery' and 'bind' connections on the G-Pro (the two connections placed on their side below the servo connection pind). It's important to have two plugs because each plug is only rated for around 5 amps.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. That makes total sense now.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Actually Im looking at the ports and Im assuming you mean plug the second JR connector into the XBUS/SBUS port which acts like a second batt connector since im suing satellites in my setup?

Correct?
Old 02-08-2015, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_pheonix View Post
Actually Im looking at the ports and Im assuming you mean plug the second JR connector into the XBUS/SBUS port which acts like a second batt connector since im suing satellites in my setup?

Correct?
Yes, correct.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

what about when u have a futaba receiver and you plan to use the xbus/ sbus pind on gpro for connection to receiver?
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

In that case, one JR lead plugs in the Gpro and the other JR lead plugs into the Futaba RX Battery port.

Then the SBUS cable brings over the signal and power feed into the Gpro's secondary port. So there's still two power leads going into the Gpro. The SBUS has power.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2015, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

awesome!
Old 07-29-2015, 05:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC/DC_5000 View Post
In that case, one JR lead plugs in the Gpro and the other JR lead plugs into the Futaba RX Battery port.

Then the SBUS cable brings over the signal and power feed into the Gpro's secondary port. So there's still two power leads going into the Gpro. The SBUS has power.
rc/dc5000 just as a check can uou tell me where this iz documented?
no offence meant. just want to make sure
Old 07-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol. None taken. I was pretty nervous about it too. I couldn't give you reference to the documentation. But we've all been flying it for quite awhile now. I had to ask others many months ago when I was building mine. I couldn't find it in the manuals either.

There's no other way on earth it would work. And it certainly does work. I guarantee you its the right way to do it.

The entire reason they made two leads in the first place.. was for 1. FBL and 2. RX
So that covers the two leads. Then the SBUS is advertised to carry both power and signal all in one magical cable. So that covers the SBUS bringing over the power. Then the Gpro is designed to support two power inputs simultaneously. Its right because it makes sense and its right because its worked this long.

FWIW, I'm a manual kinda guy myself... by the book. But I couldn't find a diagram of it.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in