Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default AceOne Electric Motor setting- crash

Hey all,

WellI knew you'd click here becauseof the word `crash` but it's actually a very minor crash, just broke the landing gear.

Nevertheless the cause is still a puzzle, I've been flying my T800 platform with Ace One , been doing several flights tuning in the gains.etc

During setting up I totally ignored the Engine/Motor paged and left it on "Tx Electric", didn't go through the Max,Idle,Stop settings since I thought these are important only for gas/nitro setups.

recently, I decided to go and try to do these settings since Ace View required these to be set in order to use the Go Home fail safe enhanced feature.

So I do that, during flight, slip the switch to auto, and engine cuts off (from about 4 meters) slow decent with as much autorotation as i can on this low rpm, lead only to a landing gear break. Phew !

I've tried re-setting these parameters on the bench, still, activating autopilot shuts down engine, I've contacted DJI and they advised me to use a normal linear throttle curve before setting the parameters (max,idle,stop), still with same result. I'm using Futaba and throttle channel ofcourse is reversed, so I tried doing the opposite of the max,idle,stop, still didn't fix the problem.

All I need is to know how did anyone set their Engine parameters in the DJI Assistant software if they're using electric motor (which mostly the case anyways) please?

Last thing I resorted to and I dont know if this is how it should be done, is to set max and idle on full throttle, and stop on throttle cut. seems to keep throttle working during auto mode.

Cheers
R-4-L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 03:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't remember even touching those parameters as you don't need them for the electric machines.

My AceOne comes home fine. Just make sure you calibrate the TX so that AceOne knows where center stick is, which should be your heli's hovering point.
heliaddx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

That's what I thought too, I think I was confused on what I saw on the Ground Station software (the google earth like View) when trying to set Home position. A message appeared requiring me to set these settings. Apparently not. Specially since at that time I did not yet reach GPS calibration.

Thanks for your reply, helps alot heliaddx
Old 01-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hold up.....I don't use auto land or anything as such. I don't even use the Ace View so you might want to wait for other responses who have more of a similar setup to yours before testing it again.
heliaddx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

nah, im not interested in auto land or auto take off , just the failsafe Go Home feature that doesnt even need ACE View, enhanced failsafe only needs the basic package from what I understand..

The Ace View though does communicate with the IMU and relays information, but your right, i'll wait and do most of my tests on bench.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you tell us what this T800 platform with Ace One is?
heli or multi?
esc?
LiPo count?
motor?
Radio system?
so that we can better understand what is going on.
Good luck,
Ahmet
helicek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

By T800 i meant Trex, actually a Trex700 stretched to 800, using Castle 160ICE HV ESC, XERA 400kv motor, on a 12S batt,

Radio is (my beloved) Futaba 12Z.. using ACE ONE

dunno if the platform has anything to do with the motor setup of the Ace One though, but I just wanted to get the enhanced fail safe to work.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Apologies to the moderators too, I didn't realize there was a sub-forum for flight stabilization...
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Hi R-4-L,
your motor stops as soon as you "slip the switch to auto" ?
I usually expect that to happen. No?

Ahmet
Old 01-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I meant flip the switch to auto mode. (Autopilot mode)

Yes it acted like a throttle cut. Now when i set the Max and Idle (at engine setting page) to full throttle it works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you confirmed the Tx center position in the enhaced failed-safe assistant page?
Titusx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 04:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi R-4-L,
this may be a "very silly" thing to ask but can you %100 make sure there is no mix that shuts throttle off in your TX? May be not eh? Sorry.
Ahmet
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titusx View Post
Did you confirmed the Tx center position in the enhaced failed-safe assistant page?
Yea I made sure whenever I change anything in my throttle curve, I would recalibrate and set throttle to mid (hover point).. trouble was i kept on getting X (error) whenever I tried to set enhanced failsafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicek View Post
Hi R-4-L,
this may be a "very silly" thing to ask but can you %100 make sure there is no mix that shuts throttle off in your TX? May be not eh? Sorry.
Ahmet
The only thing I've set on my Tx to cut throttle is the throttle hold switch, I never had mixed throttle with anything else.

To be absolutely certain, I am redoing the settings and will test the motor on bench today.
and will keep you guys posted too. its something others might benefit from.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-4-L View Post
Yea I made sure whenever I change anything in my throttle curve, I would recalibrate and set throttle to mid (hover point).. trouble was i kept on getting X (error) whenever I tried to set enhanced failsafe
May be the problem comes from here, because if you do not set the Tx center, enhaced failsafe does not activate.
Sometimes I am having trouble too setting Tx center, check in Tx-Monitor page if the stick gives the same read as you move them, if not, recalibrate sticks and then do the set Tx Center.
Titusx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in