Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Neutral point adjustment?

Okay, I got my sats all installed and I have got through the 3GX setup steps included with my 550e V2. Today I took it out for a hover test, that's hover only as I was in very restricted air space (close by buildings etc). Everything seems to be fine from what I can tell in hover, except that the tail was slightly drifting to the right. Just a little bit, but it was constant and didn't seem to be wind induced. The manual says to reset the rudder neutral point, but I don't see anywhere in the setup that I actually set the neutral point. I set the end points, but I don't see anywhere it talks about neutral. Are they talking about physically changing the linkage? Surely not. Does the neutral point get set when the end points are set?

I THINK this 3GX is at version 2.1, but I don't have any way of knowing for sure without the stupid missing cable (or is there another way?).

Thanks!
-Mike-
mallstott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe try setting up the tail in Rate mode and/or adjust your tx gains, which is what id try first if you haven't already. You know....increase till oscillation then back off 5 points yadde yadda
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think you're right the switching to rate mode would make the problem go away, but I don't want to be stuck in rate mode. I didn't play with the gain as it seemed fine for hovering (no wag), I could have increased it to see it the drift went away... probably should have tried that. It's set at 40%, which might be low. I was surprised there wasn't a setting in the manual that specifically talked about setting neutral on the tail, only on the cyclic. I reset the end points... maybe that'll fix it. To late to play now.

-Mike-
mallstott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, i was meaning 'flick' into rate mode for set up only. No need to keep on Rate'

And yes, you're right though, it sounds as though your gain needs to be adjusted.Hopefully this should clear up the drift without setting up your 'tail' again
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in