Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
Mmm, i'm wondering seems the nose is too short to get 2 packs in one behind the other, perhaps one angled under nose of cano?
It looks like it is set up with 2 6s packs side-by-side with a carbon plate in between them
freeze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Mmm, i'm wondering seems the nose is too short to get 2 packs in one behind the other, perhaps one angled under nose of cano?
Packs will go in side by side.

Yes I also think the shape of the frame and canopy is a little Bergen design particularly around the tailhousing.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
NERD

I haven't flown Logo's so I won't speak to what I see going on there mechanically and bleed ignorance. But, I see some very well engineered aspects of that heli, just some things that catch my eye, that will probably show itself very nicely in days to come. It takes guts to vary the recipe a bit, but if you don't the market will take off and leave you. A good design causes some shock reaction imho. No matter what brand I feel passionate about, that heli appears to be smothered in sound engineering.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #44 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
IMO it looks brilliant as an 800, that head will probably allow 2200rpm or more! The lift & speed is gonna be insane.

As a 700, not so much, head is overkill/too heavy for that. It will probably have a similar weight as a typical 700E but be light as as an 800 even with say 14S 5000mAh - think blade loading.
It'll be fine on 690mm or 710mm if the weight comes in around the same as a 700e.
My 700e on 690mm eats my 12s, 620mm, logo 600 setups for lunch in the hard 3d department. I'd be very pleased with that kind of performance out of the logo 700.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostolosnt View Post
+1
they seem to be moving away from older mikados in looks and built. This resembles many other helis around in many ways.
Well a few under the hood pix would help...
Well, it's a pod and boom heli. Were you expecting a tri-copter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSt0RaS View Post
Now i see somethign very different from MIkado not simple but very complicated.. Also this thing will weight alot....! I think that this is something like Kasama a heli for the show window
Won't be long until we know how much this thing weighs. I'm hoping its weight is comparable to the other 700s out there. If it's a lot heavier than most I'm sure there will be lots of disappointed folks. Otherwise, it's hard to weigh this thing using eyes only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjoe83 View Post
here is a pic of my 700 tail, notice the slider and control arm... it just looks very close, the slider looks identical
Pick any other heli. The sliders and control arms look pretty similar. I mean, how different can those parts look? I'm sure the nuts and bolts look the same on this heli as they do on any T-Rex; so would you say that these are Align parts too? (Remember, I'm saying that they look the same, because they aren't the same. My 4 year old daughter could strip the bolts on any of my T-Rexes. Not bashing here. The truth.)
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

All this nonsense ive had to listen to about how plastic is sooooo great and logo this and logo that. And CF is bad And metal rotor head is bad. WELL ENJOY YOUR NEW COMPASS 7HV!!!!!! I myself think it looks pretty cool. Canopy is a bit ugly. But some of the logo propaganda surely must have to go out the window now
johnpotter82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

hahaha. True.
Proud to be a Maniac!
hawkins221 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here are some more images: http://szene.litronics2000.de/?p=1009
It has a belt from main to TT, that's what's on the pics...
About weight... seams like 14s with a 5035 and a YGE >120HV seams the way to go... anyway, I'm glad I didn't make the 1400Km trip, it seams like the LogoEx.. didn't even fly
-klaus
Old 03-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpotter82 View Post
All this nonsense ive had to listen to about how plastic is sooooo great and logo this and logo that.
I like the way the compound frame is made because it has everything where it has to be and nothing more.
If Mikado uses this CF panels with CNC parts, that's a design Mikado made. I would have preferred another design...
-Klaus
Old 03-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really like the tail setup. The slider and grips look great.

The head looks exceptionally "beefy" and should never have a problem swinging ANY blade LOL Anyone else notice that the spindle bolt is REALLY close to the root of the main blades? I also like the integrated swash driver... it should be standard on every fbl heli anyway.

The battery setup looks pretty interesting. If i'm looking correctly, the side frame has some holes that look to be "adjustment" holes for something. battery mount?? Nice that the packs sit side by side too on that carbon fiber mount.

Also love the HUGE mainshaft and spindle shafts.. probably going to be needed to spin 800mm blades at 3D headspeeds.

The skids do look a little small though for this heli though

I know it's hard to tell sizes based on pictures, but this thing looks ENORMOUS!!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You might hate it or love it but I think this thing is going to be in a leage of it's own. It's going to be more of an 800 size 3D machine from the looks of it.
If that's a good thing we'll have to wait and see.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Mmm, i'm wondering seems the nose is too short to get 2 packs in one behind the other, perhaps one angled under nose of cano? Like the head, but nothing spectacular otherwise, thicker mainshaft and spindle nice, imop a marketing blunder from mikado to break away from the mikado look, I would have preffered beefed up l600 carbon frames with a "Mikado look canopy"
My TDR suddenly look very sleek and slender! ....and i'm not selling!
+1 – was ready to get this bird as fast as they had stock, but now I don’t know.
It’s too early to tell, but this is German engineering so I’ll be watching the details unfold.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Complainers...lol

Great Job Mikado!! I love the design and I'm sure that it will be a beast in the skys and on the boards. I wish some of the complainers would sit down on auto cad and drum up a better looking/performing machine.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like a big heli.

I'd venture to guess at least a 12s 5000 setup. in this pic the batts are side by side.

http://szene.litronics2000.de/wp-con...3/IMGP9407.jpg

I'm not sure if i'm crazy about the tail drive/TT combo.

IMO the non shouldered pulley for the belt drive could be a problem setting up and or coming up/down and off. (yes i own a protos)

I also like the lowered head with the built in swash driver , looks sharp. I've been running lowered heads for years and everyone keeps saying im going to chop my boom off. In reality it flies a bit better IMO

One piece tail case is nice , on my logo 600/se i find it's tough to get it just right and 2 independant side plates allows for more user error.

Mikado plastic is great and i for one love it. I'm sure on a heli of this class there are large loads to deal with. And one needs to factor in that alot of people like carbon and machined aluminum bits (guilty - right here) so it's logical to go that route. I'm sure it could be done in plastic but worst case mikado sells more kits to the people that must have carbon ( good bussiness ).

Nice heli , personally i'll be holding back and flying my 600/se while the 700 comes out. It will take a bit of time to get the parts in stock, initial/backorders orders filled, and all the hot setups figured out. This way i know what motor/esc to buy , spare parts to keep on hand, etc

IMO i think this will be a good 700 3d machine but it's true intention is to be a great 800 3d machine.

martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The canopy scheme is throwing people off, let's see a different scheme, and naked pics
Old 03-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that Logos look like every other "new" heli out there...
WannaBe3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now I'm sure Align will fire back with a trex800. hehe. Truth is it's really a Logo 900 because the tail servo looks very tiny on the logo compare to my trex700e.

http://szene.litronics2000.de/wp-con...3/IMGP9453.jpg
kouasupra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBe3D View Post
Now that Logos look like every other "new" heli out there...
Name another heli that has a 2 stage tail drive?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian94066 View Post
naked pics
There won´t be any "naked" pics, since they refused to take the canopy off. It seemed they were anxious that parts of the design will be copied.
I have seen it today and it really is huge - much bigger than everyone expected, including the attending teampilots - In my opinion there is no point putting blades smaller than 800 on it.
Ralf Buskowitz Buxnowitz said the take-off weight will be 5-6 kg and the max. headspeed around 2000. The main reason for the belt/TT combination is strength. There was no information on the price and on the exact release date.
guidom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian94066 View Post
Name another heli that has a 2 stage tail drive?
He means that it is full carbon and CNC..! and its a little complicated...!

2 stage tail drive you can find on some helis Like Kyosho Caliber 90 but its from belt to belt.. and not from belt to TT....
MaSt0RaS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in