Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

"The nano is a squirrelly little beast, and its hard to flip in a small space"

No it's not
Rotorway 162f - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snVc3q-hBvU - MCPX V1 2BL HP08s/HP03t/xp12a/xp3a/550s/130x blades/larger canopy/stretched boom/RRC prop = AWESOME Hybrid CP X !! - Nano CPX 2BL Mild - Raptor 50 Nitro - Futaba FF9/Spektrum DM8 Tx
catpainkev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Red face

Yeah......... Well..... I got a little cocky and went for the inverted hover after I completed my very first 6 flips, which I thought I did pretty darn good on, and I crashed and burned :"( broke my tail boom. I tried to fix it with some CA glue and heat shrink... It worked!! It flew fine, but I didn't want to chance it and end up crashing and having to replace something more expensive like a main board or something. I KNOW WHEN IM BEAT lol
Old 02-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazykirby1225 View Post
Yeah......... Well..... I got a little cocky and went for the inverted hover after I completed my very first 6 flips, which I thought I did pretty darn good on, and I crashed and burned :"( broke my tail boom. I tried to fix it with some CA glue and heat shrink... It worked!! It flew fine, but I didn't want to chance it and end up crashing and having to replace something more expensive like a main board or something. I KNOW WHEN IM BEAT lol
Good call- if the thin coating on the tail wires wears through and shorts out, it lets the magic smoke out of the tail FET. There are people who can fix it for $25, but better not take the chance.

Some people are also replacing the tail boom with a 2mm carbon rod, with the wires wrapped around it or shrink wrapped (or both!)
Old 02-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpainkev View Post
"The nano is a squirrelly little beast, and its hard to flip in a small space"

No it's not

Rotorway 162f -- MCPX BL HP08s/xp12a/SR120 -- Nano CPX BL Mild -- Raptor 50 -- Futaba FF9/Spektrum DM8 Tx
An experienced 3D pilot with a brushless nano (and brushelss mCPX and a Raptor 50, etc..), should be able to flip in a 1m cube of clear air.

For someone just learning inverted, a living room is not enough.

catpainkev, a pilot of your calibre would not have even started this thread. As an experienced pilot, please help us. The comment of "No it's not ", does not help. I would estimate your piloting skills are well above mine and Crazykirby1225.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well thanks for the compliment ArchmageAU !....but alas, I am no 3D pilot, just an old bloke (very likely twice your age) who got to the level of sport flyer over the years...then with the advent of the mcpx I learnt to flip and hover inverted outside over grass...and now with my ncpx I flip/roll/hover in my front room...

In my 'humble' opinion..the Nano is not hard to flip in a small space...that's all, but I'll concede that it would be easier to get comfortable flipping and hovering inverted in a large space before trying the same in a small space....

And as far as tips are concerned, I'm afraid I only have the one and that's more practice...that's all I did...keep trying, keep picking it up off the floor and trying again, and again, and again, and again....eventually it comes together

Rotorway 162f - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snVc3q-hBvU - MCPX V1 2BL HP08s/HP03t/xp12a/xp3a/550s/130x blades/larger canopy/stretched boom/RRC prop = AWESOME Hybrid CP X !! - Nano CPX 2BL Mild - Raptor 50 Nitro - Futaba FF9/Spektrum DM8 Tx
catpainkev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All you people doing 3d with the Nano. Are you still using the manual pitch curve and throw settings? I know expo's is all personal feeling.

You people that can flip one a dime. Help us newbies out and maybe listing settings, blades(bullet or normal) used.

I notice between bullets and normal I can make a flip but loose the hold at end. With bullets I can make a roll but still loose it at end.

Lot more practice I know, but if there is some other settings more 3d friendly that would help that would be cool.

I have 3 more months before I get out side untill then I'm in a 10 x 12 living room with fly zone of 8 x 8, a flip/stunt zone of 5 x 5.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Rich,
It's really gonna be tough learning your first flips in a 5x5 area
The normal blades will get you inverted quicker, but the bullets will be more stable while inverted. The other problem, and i have seen this trying to teach my neighbor, is that small up collective that is needed to "toss" it before pulling back. You have to remember to let the collective drop, or center after the toss and as you flip. My neighbor held the collective up, pulled back on the elevator, and bam right into himself...lol.
Nothing hurt, but could have been a direct hit in the face if he wasnt over 6 feet tall

As for pitch, if your still brushed, just standard curve with endpoints at 95 to 100.
Also, throttle if still stock motor may work better as a V curve to help prevent bogging. maybe 100-95-90-95-100 or even 100-90-80-90-100 if you still feel bog with the first setting.

If you do get it flipped back, just as it levels out and your catching it, give negative collective and rear elevator to get out of it quickly to upright again. You dont wanna be stuck inverted for very long if you cant hover it there.

When you can flip in and out of inverted quickly and comfortably, then you can start pausing for a few seconds inverted, then flip out. Eventually, that pause time will increase to hovering inverted, then flipping out. Then flying inverted, problem, flip out, and so on.
All baby steps is the best i can say
Old 02-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

feel like I need a cpx on teh sim as teh big birds are so much easier to flip around on the sim.

I can flip teh cpx but when I do it tends to get out of control.

everything is stock so maybe I should go brushless
VooDooMafia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all

First post!

I bought my Nano 2 months ago and am now (like many of the others above) trying to get it inverted. I'm using stock batteries and the RTF DX4. My question is, how much does a decent radio help with getting inverted, or should I be able to do flips and rolls and hover inverted with no problem using the DX4?

My plan in the future is to get a DX7.

Thanks!
Bob_SA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sv: Nano cpx inverted tips!!!!!

I also got the nano for 2 months and I did some flips and inverted hover with the stock dx4e today :-) so no problem using the dx4...

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk2
Knas99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_SA View Post
Hi all

First post!

I bought my Nano 2 months ago and am now (like many of the others above) trying to get it inverted. I'm using stock batteries and the RTF DX4. My question is, how much does a decent radio help with getting inverted, or should I be able to do flips and rolls and hover inverted with no problem using the DX4?

My plan in the future is to get a DX7.

Thanks!
Should be able to with DX4. Ensure you fly in stunt mode (AUX/ACT ON)

A programmable TX (DX6i, DX7s, DX8, etc..) allow you to adjust the feel to the nano to be more comfortable (adjust DR&expo, throttle and pitch curves - also can store parameters for multiple helis ).

Once you have a good TX (and can program it), you will wonder how you ever got by on the DX4e.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks ArchmageAU, and thanks to everyone for all the other useful tips!

I am flying in idle up with rates on high and with the bullets. It just doesn't seem that the heli will ever be able to flip in such tight circles like skeppley's video above. Wasn't sure if that was the radio, the heli or me!

Next time I'll try giving it some up collective before trying to flip it over backwards, sure that will help. Also, I should REALLY try to master FFF before trying all this inverted stuff...
Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
Rich,
It's really gonna be tough learning your first flips in a 5x5 area
The normal blades will get you inverted quicker, but the bullets will be more stable while inverted. The other problem, and i have seen this trying to teach my neighbor, is that small up collective that is needed to "toss" it before pulling back. You have to remember to let the collective drop, or center after the toss and as you flip. My neighbor held the collective up, pulled back on the elevator, and bam right into himself...lol.
Nothing hurt, but could have been a direct hit in the face if he wasnt over 6 feet tall

As for pitch, if your still brushed, just standard curve with endpoints at 95 to 100.
Also, throttle if still stock motor may work better as a V curve to help prevent bogging. maybe 100-95-90-95-100 or even 100-90-80-90-100 if you still feel bog with the first setting.

If you do get it flipped back, just as it levels out and your catching it, give negative collective and rear elevator to get out of it quickly to upright again. You dont wanna be stuck inverted for very long if you cant hover it there.

When you can flip in and out of inverted quickly and comfortably, then you can start pausing for a few seconds inverted, then flip out. Eventually, that pause time will increase to hovering inverted, then flipping out. Then flying inverted, problem, flip out, and so on.
All baby steps is the best i can say
I'll try them settings and see what I get. I haven't tried to stop 1/2 way threw for a invert yet. Only been trying full rolls and flips. Trying to getting used to the faster speed it flips and rolls vrs sim heli's, and what kind of expo's I should use for my responce time.
This is were flying CP heli's become more theropy and eye hand cowardenation training/theropy for my M.S. than FP heli's.
Thanks for the info. Think I did it backwards. I changes my pitch curve (DX6i) to 0-20-50-80-100 for a faster flip and less bog.

I'm running bullet blades till I get outside or super good inside.
I went down to -1 for expo's in 3d mode/stunt
and +10 in normal mode.

Think I'll go to +20 accross the board for Al and El, I like 0 or even -1 on Rudd. accross the board. I have my CG on the money and like to do piro's, so the sensitive Rudd. comes in handy. But just as my MSR and mCPx-v2, my rudder blade bannana distort fast. Has to be the piro's. My oldest son has a v-2 and don't do any piro's and is running original tail blade.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooMafia View Post
feel like I need a cpx on teh sim as teh big birds are so much easier to flip around on the sim.

You arn't alone. I can fly 3d sweet on Phynix4 sim but when it come to real like the heli's flip faster throwing timing off. I edit heli's in simple set up to expert just to get them more close to reality but sim still isn't there. Real life practice is only thing that is going to teach you 100% how your birds fly. I am learning this one evry quick. But every time you make the next step it make "I used to do what?" a common statment.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did it! Tried the up collective then flip trick, after a few crashes managed to do 6 full flips and even managed an inverted hover for a few seconds! Baby steps... :-)
Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I did it! Tried the up collective then flip trick, after a few crashes managed to do 6 full flips and even managed an inverted hover for a few seconds! Baby steps... :-)
Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
...I am flying in idle up with rates on high and with the bullets. It just doesn't seem that the heli will ever be able to flip in such tight circles like skeppley's video above...
I think you will find skeppley is using a brushless nano. More power (and lots of experience).
Old 02-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooMafia View Post

Stability is also a function of size (and power/weight). From all accounts, big birds are easier to flip IRL too. Brushless has more power (but requires better control).

Remember also in a sim, a big bird would be further from you. 1 foot move at 30 ft away looks like 2in move at 5 ft away.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Woo Hoo..
Old 02-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
I think you will find skeppley is using a brushless nano. More power (and lots of experience).
Yeah, it is much harder on the brushed motor and bullets to flip quickly. I should have probably recommended the performance blades. Archmage is correct, the extra power of brushless really helps keep the bullets up to speed. I do think that they bog the poor stock motor a bit.

Quote:

SWEET. Great job and good for you!

Did you get the shaky, trembling, caffeine like hands afterwards, along with a nice bit of perspiration?? LOL

I love that feeling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in