Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well thats what I think I will do.. Looking at it in back it looks like it maybe shorter then it would need to be for the front. Maybe its couse of the grooves that are made for it in the back and I can't tell since I havent tore into it yet..
Really all I need to do is hook the shaft up and then set the AR up to drill holes right?
MTboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have a look at the Mod I posted for it in conex's thread, The slot works fine if you get the position right, which I,m not sure you can do if you just drill the frame. A flat diamond file is a good way of widening the slot for the copterx ar pin.
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #43 (permalink)

Default AR pin

MTboy, here is a pic of where I located mine when I did my hesd and tail upgrade.

Very easy to do.
jmy2u is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey, getting briefly back on canopy painting, how do you like this color scheme? I just got a white G5 canopy and I'm throwing around ideas in Photoshop. Trying to come up with something to match Radix blades, yellow Gorilla Gear and the blue CNC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010061.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	74762  
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like it Mika!
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

very nice Mika looks a bit Outrage ish
Old 01-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #47 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Thanks guys,
Plan on starting on it here in a few as soon as this hang over is gone..
Anything else I need to know before I begin? After relocating the AR it should just drop right in Right?

Happy new year
Old 01-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTboy View Post
Thanks guys,
Plan on starting on it here in a few as soon as this hang over is gone..
Anything else I need to know before I begin? After relocating the AR it should just drop right in Right?

Happy new year
Yea. The AR is the only problem. Like you said, once you reposition it then the new head will drop right it

Mika, that's really good photoshopping skill. I really like that canopy paint job. Paint me one like that and I will buy it off you

-Jonny
Old 01-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
Yea. The AR is the only problem. Like you said, once you reposition it then the new head will drop right it
+1... with the usual disclaimers. Larger links, enlarging the AR bracket, and other stuff covered in the tutorial thread.

Quote:
Mika, that's really good photoshopping skill. I really like that canopy paint job. Paint me one like that and I will buy it off you
I just wish I could replicate half the stuff I do in Photoshop using actual paint

I got the white one because I wasn't sure it would fit the HDX frame - with all the shipping back and forth, you could probably get a pre-painted one from Blink at the same price. Still, the shape is so good I'll probably get a couple more white Outrage canopies later for practice and replacements. If one of them turns out OK, you're welcome to it at cost. The only catch is, you would really want to cut it to fit your frame before painting.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
Old 01-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #50 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I notice that the shaft is not as long as the stock shaft. Is this going to be a problem? Had to flip the shaft to make it work. I have it all in only need to place the AR but wondering about the shorter shaft...
Old 01-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTboy View Post
I notice that the shaft is not as long as the stock shaft. Is this going to be a problem? Had to flip the shaft to make it work. I have it all in only need to place the AR but wondering about the shorter shaft...
Yea it's fine. The only way to get the shaft in is to flip it.

As for it being too short it doesn't matter. On the trex 450 it only has two bearings anyway. The Belt cp probably only has 3 too support the cr*p esky main shaft better lol..

What needs to be trimmed on the canopy to make it fit better? The outrage canopies look really cool One problem. I just put a brand new trex 450 canopy on my EXI. I bought two identical ones a while back because I liked it so much. I have a white canopy that came with the EXI. I'm going to plan out a design for it All I need now is photoshop (A very expensive program lol)

-Jonny
Old 01-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol Jonny, I have photo shop, what I lack is skill and imagination. Whether it is in photoshop or in real life, I am useless with such things. If I want a nice canopy I will just have to buy it. If you have imagination and skill, which I suspect you do, you are half way there. I have used a free program called GIMP, yes I know, what a name, but it seems pretty good to me, especially as it is free. Below is a link for it, give it a go. I used it, and stitcher unlimited pro, to get the 3D photorealistic background of my garden into AFPD, and they did a good job. When I practice on the sim, I am practicing in my garden where I fly for real, and it is very helpful. Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge or skill to create a fully mapped collision object, for the trees etc, maybe that's why I fly into them for real.

http://www.gimp.org/

Cheers
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #53 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Ok so I got the head all on and it looks sweet. Everything looks to work fine but have to wait for my servo to finish it up..
Old 01-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
What needs to be trimmed on the canopy to make it fit better? The outrage canopies look really cool
I cut the bottom about an inch deeper to place the canopy further back (so it just reaches the existing mounts) and made two notches on top for the servo rods - but this is on the HDX450 frame. I suspect the cuts need to be placed quite differently on a Belt CP or T-Rex frame.

I really like the look too, and it sits much better on my helicopter. With the battery mounted, all T-Rex canopies tend to point too high for good orientation while this one looks like a direct extension of the tail boom. There's also much more space around the battery for better cooling, and the air vents up front should help a bit too.

Quote:
I have a white canopy that came with the EXI. I'm going to plan out a design for it All I need now is photoshop (A very expensive program lol)
Hehe, looks like Sutty beat me to recommending GIMP while I was looking at another tab. It's very powerful, and in most respects almost as good as Photoshop.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 777 View Post
very nice Mika looks a bit Outrage ish
Duh I've got it now... G5.... that'll be why then
Old 01-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #56 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Good new guys. I finally was able to get ahold of the sell for my servo's and they were shipped out from hong kong Dec. 17th. Also my canopy mounts that amainhobbies for got to send me now have been shipped... Plus my new canopies will be here the 6th so I should be good to go soon after..
Still need to get my servo mounts and a pulley for the coptorx tail... Anyone know a place to get both?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #57 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hey guys will this work with the coptorx tail?
http://www.eboyztoyz.net/index.php?op=showitem&sku=8795
Old 01-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Should do as the CopterX is a T-Rex clone, especially with the gearing etc.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

He still has a belt frame though Mike

The top pinion is fine but I don't know if the bearings or bottom gear match the Esky version.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No.... I just checked an Esky set againsed the one in my phoenix and the bearings and bottom gear are different.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in