Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #561 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Still no AT... WEIRD.

Awsome job on completing a WP mission!!! I hope you got a vid to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #562 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well no Chad, I literally checked to see if my settings were still present, after update, which they were. Went to look at what I could change or drop from my flight modes, and would still be easy for me to remember how to select it. Decided to replace circle, which was on FM4 with Auto. Went to WP, and chose read WP, and saw that my programmed WPs were still loaded. Disconnected, went outside and took off. I then flicked my switches to choose auto and off it set, just where I expected it to go.

As it came back around to home, where I had programmed in a land, it over shot, and started landing on my head. Interesting I thought and aborted by selecting another mode and landed it.

What it was doing is that 'home' turns out to be where it is initialised, obviously, and I twigged this, so I carried it into the field, re-initialised, took off, and then invoked auto. Again off it went, turning to follow the heading at each corner, and then back to where I initialised it to perform the landing.

So no video, as I literally just rushed out to do it, and then back in when it had completed.

A video will be forthcoming though, not that there would be much to see, but I will happily do one.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #563 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well not really 12hrs wasted. You did learn stuff. I dont have internet at home only on my non-Android dumb-fone. I had a blip and thats when i loaded FW for the hkmini and then the quad but it said board BD....somthing or other at the bottom and then the internet blip cut. Since I did it successfully for 1 and the QRX was following suit till int. cut. Sorry but I could not tell you it would fail cause it 'seemed' to work.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #564 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LOL I know how excitement can be. I get excited and forget the record button more times than I'll admit.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #565 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, but all the things learned, which are excellent, only came at the end, in a rush, after having abandoned trying to get it to do what cannot be done, at least not in any normal way, once I discovered that it had not been done prior by someone else.

But yes, definitely made some good progress now. Many of the things I had tried assigning to flight mode 3 simply didn't work, for the reason you described, so I can try them all again now, such as WPs, which will be fun.

Of course, have also learned how to update the Walkera FW, and that it does not change what has previously been set. Good stuff.

Off tut pub now to celebrate.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-04-2014, 02:57 AM   #566 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well Andy, I hit the wifi and I'm rolling Walkera FW version 1.5 too! Yeah, I had to find it on the site too. Why there? Thats Walkera for ya.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:00 AM   #567 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default WTF?

Did 1.5 work for you cause mine does nothing and I mean nothing. I took it to the park and pluged in and nothing no lights nothing. Would not arm absolutely nothing. I reloaded 1.2 and re-downloaded 1.5 and will try again.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:28 AM   #568 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, 1.5 worked. Only small change that I actually noticed, and which had me briefly worried, was that when you initialise, instead of the left LED just coming straight on, it flashes and then goes solid, but maybe that was with 1.2 anyway. Prior to 1.5 I was on 1.1.

I did the first WP flight, which I described the other day, whilst I was at 1.5, and I explained that it hadn't made any difference with my difficulty in getting AT to work.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #569 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK I downloaded it again and reinsatlled 1.5 It works now and yes leds changed left blinks until gps is found then goes out and the right blinks number of sats linked. I had v1.2 before.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #570 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad to hear you got it sussed Chad.

Ask and you shall receive. As requested here is a video of a waypoint mission.

If you look at the attached mission planner, you will see that I tried to set known ground points to change direction. Like at the end of hedges, or intersections, or ponds, or corners of fields. During the mission I looked down at most of these to see how good it was. I also set a known flight path in case I had to take over. As a result of it flying itself, I was able to track it very easily with my head, so I never lost video once.

The mission starts when it turns left slightly at about 10 seconds, and then continues for the next 10 minutes or so. The flight is slow, as I never tried to change it from the default speed, so it might be a little boring, but it is interesting to see how good it is in terms of accuracy.

The final waypoint was set as RTL, so I let it land on its own too, just to let it do a full mission. Really quite incredible what these things can do.

Might be good to keep the image open, and watch the video at the same time if you can. The only time I steered it, yawed it, was on the long leg home, next to last leg, just to see if it would yaw, as it is set to point in the direction of the next WP, but you can overrule it with rudder. By the way, I think it counts up in twos because I wrongly double clicked the screen to select the waypoints, so there are actually two at each spot.

Next pack I spent almost the entire time blasting around in stabalise mode, which I'll upload later, in its entirety too, in case anyone would like to see that too.

Cheers

Sutty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Waypoint1.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	540867  
Old 10-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #571 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That was f'n sweet! It really does a nice job on the Auto Pilot!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #572 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It really does.

Here's a battery of more or less all stabalise. Considerably faster flight than that of the Waypoint mission of course. I guess I can change the waypoint travel speed, but I haven't looked at that yet, and I don't think I would want it to be that quick anyway. Quite dark again too, as is evidenced by the brightness of the moon, which I have a good nosey at at aorund 8 minutes.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #573 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default AUTO TUNE AGAIN???

Yes I have an Idea. You never had vers 1.2 but I did. Perhaps upload ver 1.2 then 1.5 and AT might work? This is the only difference I can think of.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #574 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Tom look away!

Andy ever seen this? could be the next step?

Invertix 400 - The World's First 3D Fixed Pitch Multirotor Kit! (2 min 28 sec)
Old 10-25-2014, 02:40 AM   #575 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure if I've seen that particular one, but I guess if it's the only prop reversing, FP, 3D quad, then I have, because I have seen a craft of this type before.

Probably won't be the next step for me, as I'm happy with 3D remaining the domain of my helis, but it's certainly interesting.

My goal in MR was simply to familiarise myself with the whole automated flight deal, which I'm doing, prior to doing what you're doing with the Beltish FPV.

Never say never though.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #576 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default ANDY/DAVE Time for an upgrade!!!

The new Mission planner is out!!! There is way more options!! It literally just came out today! I am impressed how things get better and better.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #577 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybe I'm missing something. The version of MP I was using was 1.3.1. Just upgraded, version is now 1.3.11. To be honest, I can't see any difference.
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #578 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Look at all the tabs, a sim?, download-able firmware library, and ability to use previous FW. Just a few things I noticed at a glance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in