Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need some information about Logo 600 kit

Hi! I will buy a Logo 600 this summer or Logo 700 maybe. Time and price will tell. I have some questions. I am making a list for what I will need for heli's setup.

1. I will use Pyro 700-52 on it. The question is, does normal shaft is long enough for counter bearing of plastic and carbonfiber frames?

2. Do these items come with the kit?
- MIK4257 Carbon Servo Arm (Futaba/Savox)
- MIK4368 Mikado Non-Slippery Hook and Loop Straps
- MIK4358 Mikado Anti-Static Wire Set

3. While I was looking at Logo 600 parts, I saw two tail drive pulleys, normal one and antistatic one (MIK3046). Which one comes with the kit? Or do I need the antistatic tail drive pulley? (Since it is a belt driven tail, I don't want static hits in my heli.)

4. Anyone using these upgrades on their Logo 600's?
- MIK4456 Logo 500/600 Carbon Fiber & Aluminum Main Belt Pulley
- MIK4455 Logo 500/600 Aluminum Drive Pulleys

Also is there anything I should know about this helicopter? Thank you!

bavci_0655 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am pretty sure MIK4257 does not come with the kit.

Also I know Logo 600 kit comes with everything necessary to be anti-static safe. It is Logo 400 kit that requires you to order the anti-static set separately.
Kalpazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had the long shaft pyro on my 600se plastic frame with the CB. Short shaft won't work with CB but I have a feeling the medium might work. But if in doubt get the long one and you can always cut it down a bit.

The carbon servo arms definitely don't come with any of the kits because they make versions for Futaba and JR and you have to choose. They are worth getting though.

The straps and anti-static kit came with my 600se combo a while back. At the time the anti-static only came with the 600se combo, and for others you had to buy it. But I think they may have changed that and now all 600's come with it (but not sure)

I don't think the antistatic tail pulley comes with the kit. I don't know whether it's worth having or not. I have found that as long as you use the antistatic wire kit you are safe. If you are in a really dry climate maybe the pulley would be worth it to increase conductivity.

I wouldn't bother with either of the upgrades you mention in point 4 - there's really no need so it's just bling if you want that.

The only other thing you need to know is that once you start flying a Logo, you're going to end up selling that Trex
Old 05-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

In my kits:

Antistatic - Yes
Servo Arms - No
Straps - Kit comes with the slippery kind, you have to order the non-slips if you want them separately

Don't bother with the upgrades. Guys have had issues with them anyway. They are bling and nothing more.

Something you should know about this helicopter:
A new version, called the Logo600SX, is coming out in June or July. It has a lower head, different damping, thicker/stronger main gear, a counter bearing on the main gear and motor shaft, and bigger bolts in the tail hub.

I'd wait for it.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FWIW, my kit came with the new non-slippery straps almost a year and a half ago. I don't know what they're doing with the new kits

Last edited by gravydrive; 05-19-2012 at 12:41 PM..
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I will contribute on your first point since the others have been well answered I think I have a Pyro 700-52L, the long shaft version, this version will work with the counter-bearings, I don't think the regular shaft version is long enough. Although from what I have read, the counter-bearing is not critical if you set your mesh right.

Final note, you will love it! Building it, flying it, and maintaining it are a dream! I went through many helis until I found heli-bliss!

Oh and get a V-Bar for it if you don't already have one

Jeti DS24 / VControl Touch
aziz76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own pyro 52- medium shaft and the end is flush with the counter bearing, the short shaft will not work and the long one will protrude outside the counter bearing but of course you can cut the shaft with dremel. If you don't want to do anything thing the medium is what you want.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for your answers!

I have been following Logo forum for 4 months. I saw Logo 600SX and love it. Before SX was released, I didn't understand why they didn't put third bearing block option on it, then I was leaning to buy CF frame Logo 600. And I also read the difference of flying plastic framed Logo 600 and CF framed 600. I start wondering how they fly. 600SX has everything I want on it. So I will start with SX with plastic frames first then I will try CF frames when I crash it. I know my trex changed a lot after I installed a Vbar on it. So I really exited about getting a Logo 600 with Vbar. I wish I knew Logo helicopters when I started this hobby.

bavci_0655 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 04:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The beauty of the logo is that it's light. The CF just adds weight and complexity. It's really a downgrade unless you are flying 693s and need weight to keep it from being floaty. But then, why not just use bigger batts and fly longer?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in