Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FPV Video!!

Does anyone have experience using FPV with anything??

Ive been really studying up on it and holy crap ola it looks addicting!!! To much fun to be had with FPV!!!

HobbyKing makes a glider designed to load up with FPV equipment.

The 450 hardware kit from FPVpilot.com looks pretty reasonable!!!

Great!

Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Be careful! They (the Govt.) are getting ready to pass an bunch of laws designed to severely restrict the use of FPV systems In the good ole USA. Brittan and Australia already have laws restricting the use of FPV systems.
Just don't want you to go out and spend lots of money on ground stations, cameras etc. only to find out that you cant legally use them.

Sent from my Laptop using "Hunt and Peck"

FLThreeFiveZero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLThreeFiveZero View Post
Be careful! They (the Govt.) are getting ready to pass an bunch of laws designed to severely restrict the use of FPV systems In the good ole USA. Brittan and Australia already have laws restricting the use of FPV systems.
Just don't want you to go out and spend lots of money on ground stations, cameras etc. only to find out that you cant legally use them.
I can see why! The bad guys could do some damage it! The problem is just like guns....if you ban em you are only taken then away from the good guys!
The bad guys will still always have them.

Anyways it's so cool though!!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i've played around with it using another persons setup...while cool..i wasn't that into it...i really don't want to fly my R/C stuff while crouching over a screen the whole time..or using the glasses...it take a lot of the fun out of it for me...too much setup and hassle...in my mind to make it worthwhile you need a plane or a heli you can fly for a very long time..and have a very long range with...it just gets crazy expensive to setup too....

just my opinion of course!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
The problem is just like guns....if you ban em you are only taken then away from the good guys!
The bad guys will still always have them.
Stats in the UK since the ban here just don't back that up I'm afraid. We have a total crime rate that is higher per capita than the US, but a homicide rate 4 times lower. Gun crime initally remained level for a couple of years after the ban here, but is now dropping steadily.

Interestingly, one area that has increased is the number of crimes committed using fake handguns; this rose from approx 560 in 1998/9 to over 3200 in 2004/5! Crime using airguns also increased. Both of these are included in the total gun crime rate, which as I said, has been falling steadily since 2002/3.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Stats in the UK since the ban here just don't back that up I'm afraid. We have a total crime rate that is higher per capita than the US, but a homicide rate 4 times lower. Gun crime initally remained level for a couple of years after the ban here, but is now dropping steadily.

Interestingly, one area that has increased is the number of crimes committed using fake handguns; this rose from approx 560 in 1998/9 to over 3200 in 2004/5! Crime using airguns also increased. Both of these are included in the total gun crime rate, which as I said, has been falling steadily since 2002/3.

Since I am heavy into guns, hunting, sport shooting, as well as personal protection much more than Rc helicopters.....Im afraid this is not a conversation you will want to have here in this thread, nor would it be appropriate...I appologize for bringing it up
Old 08-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaManDan View Post
i've played around with it using another persons setup...while cool..i wasn't that into it...i really don't want to fly my R/C stuff while crouching over a screen the whole time..or using the glasses...it take a lot of the fun out of it for me...too much setup and hassle...in my mind to make it worthwhile you need a plane or a heli you can fly for a very long time..and have a very long range with...it just gets crazy expensive to setup too....

just my opinion of course!
Im not thinking about just flying around a field lookin at myself fly....im thinking about all the buisness possibilities that you could make money from. Think about all the things you could use a RC helicopter for with a FPV system.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Since I am heavy into guns, hunting, sport shooting, as well as personal protection much more than Rc helicopters.....Im afraid this is not a conversation you will want to have here in this thread, nor would it be appropriate...I appologize for bringing it up
No worries, everyone has different opinions. I have an opinion on it as well, but I won't express it here for the same reason as you.

All I mentioned were the facts. Everyone should have different opinions....but they should be based on facts, not others opinion or wishful thinking.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
No worries, everyone has different opinions. I have an opinion on it as well, but I won't express it here for the same reason as you.

All I mentioned were the facts. Everyone should have different opinions....but they should be based on facts, not others opinion or wishful thinking.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Im not thinking about just flying around a field lookin at myself fly....im thinking about all the buisness possibilities that you could make money from. Think about all the things you could use a RC helicopter for with a FPV system.

LOL. I think everyone in this hobby has thought about making money with RC helis at least one time or another (Me included) And a few people have actually done it!

You are following the natural progression of the Heli. Grasshopper.

Sent from my Laptop using "Hunt and Peck"

FLThreeFiveZero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in