Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #241 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I did not set the gain channel to 150/150 I set the rudder channel to 150/150 which has nothing to do with the gain channel. Do not set your gain channel to 150/150 as YES that will screw up how it works.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have only one heli with a receiver battery pack, an E-620 Raptor. I plugged in the battery Saturday before switching on the Align 2S powered BEC(regulator)
Fortunatly the CC HV 85 doesnt arm in thos situation so I just flipped the BEC on and flew.

For the first time the 770 would not hold in punchouts..Maybe it didnt initialize properly because the main 10S pack was plugged up before the flight pack was turned on. When I started klooking it had somehow changed the travel of the tail servo. I had a 1/10" of travel left in the close direction dont know how it got there. I adjusted travel out properly with the pot and it was ok but not rock solid..I upped the gain but that didnt helped but it got better but not good enough.

Is there anyway to know if this gyro is properly initialized? wagging the tail or toggling the rudder gimbal once , the blades didnt return to center as in rate mode..Moving the gimbal stick back and forth 3 times and the tail blades do center themselves but something changed. Is there a way to reset it?

.. Any advice

Thanks,

Jimmy
TT E-620 SE x 2: Scorpion 4025-740 200srx, nano qx JR Parkmites x 2
Jamesppp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am sorry if this questions as been asked tons of time but I am not english and for me it is not always easy to understand everything!

I am using a DX7se, AR7100R and G770.

There are 2 videos :

Video Link ->Setting Piro Rate with a X9303 and DX7 (77 Megs)
Video Link ->Setting gyro gain with a X9303 and DX7 (58 Megs)

If I understand correctly. Since the RevLimiter on the AR7100R use the gear channel, I won't be able to set the gyro gain so I need tolearn how to set the Piro Rate?

Am I correct?
Vibe Ration is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #244 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

For the 7100R you must use AUX2 channel for gyro gain. If you want to use the gyro menu, on the DX7 radio you can set the gyro menu on AUX2 channel instead of gear.

Bob
Old 04-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Finless "clean fingers" Bob!
Vibe Ration is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

It has been a while since I set up the 770D using gyro menu with gain assigned to Aux2 (AR7000) in the 9303. I think am correct that for the initial centering of the servo (90*) in rate mode, the gain is set at 50/50 and not 0/0.

I re-reviewed Bob's videos on this and I think he mentioned to set it at 50/50 but it was like "a split second" statement.
BenHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #247 (permalink)

Default Sub trim, trim does not work

Hi guys,

I have just setup JR 770T & 9254 on Trex 450 V2 & i'm using DX7. I have a few questions:

1. I used 8 mm distance servo horn, ATV 130(L) & 150(R),DR 65,EXPO 47. Gyro gain using 70 (using DX7 gyro menu). Port limit is at the end to 4th marking. While hover it was darn solid but when i punched, the tail drift a little. Tried 10mm horn but it does not solve the drift while punching. My setup

throttle curve: 100 92.5 85 92.5 100
pitch:10 8 0 -8 -10
pinion: 13
motor: scorpion HK2221-8, CC45 ESC
Rudder: Jr770+9254,

I dunno what else to do

2. during setting the servo horn to centre, I set gyro menu gain = 50. But i cant get 90 degrees. so I used sub trim (in my case i have to put value = 8 to the left). Now it's 90 degrees. But when i disconnect the lipo and connect back, all everything initialize correctly including the gyro. after the servo 2 movements back n forth, the servo horn centred. but few secs after that, the servo horn starts to move by itself to the left direction till the max throw. Should i rebinding back so that the gyro does not think that i'm applying rudder input (sub trim to left)?

3. What's the difference between JR770T (red sticker)and JR770 3D(black sticker)?

i'm blurr

Last edited by bilbil; 06-28-2009 at 02:05 AM..
bilbil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 05:36 AM   #248 (permalink)

bump
Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #249 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

It should not move like that on its own. Maybe your not in heading hold mode? On youre DX7 do you have the gyro menu on GEAR channel or AUX2? Also make sure you have not reversed whatever channel the gain plug is in. If 6 channel RX then you have to use GEAR channel and gyro menu must be set to GEAR not AUX2.

Bob
Old 07-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

1) Try moving the ball IN not out. Reset the limit and gain. You will need the limit moved up and then you can run more gain without wag.

2) Lookng at your cuves from mid stick to 75% you go from 0 ptich to +8, but your throttle only goes from 85 to 92.5. You are adding a LOT of pitch, but not a lot of throttle, this means the motor pulls more amp, meaning more torque, but the headspeed decays, meaning less tail rotor speed.

A more normal Pitch curve would be -10 - -5 - 0 - 5 - 10 with that throttle curve. OR, increase your 25% and 75 position throttle settings.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
It should not move like that on its own. Maybe your not in heading hold mode? On youre DX7 do you have the gyro menu on GEAR channel or AUX2? Also make sure you have not reversed whatever channel the gain plug is in. If 6 channel RX then you have to use GEAR channel and gyro menu must be set to GEAR not AUX2.

Bob
Is this JR770 gyro same working principle with GY401? I mean in terms of the initialization of the gyro. gy401 need to be initialize in HH mode then reduce the gain to 50(DX7) then you can start trimming for horn till centre. then you cahange back again the gain up for your need. I did the same steps to JR770 t gyro. making sure sure that all subtrim and trim marker all are centre then initialize the jr770 in the HH mode reduce the gain till 50 and adjust centering. I'm using ar7000 and used gear channel for GYRO menu. It seems like the gyro think that I continously applying the rudder. By the way while setting this i flipped the throttle hold switch which was assigned to rudder DR switch(dx7 mode 2) since i don't want to take out the motor wire. after got the centering then fliped back to 0 position. When flip the hold switch to 1, the rudder trim marker shown on the front display moved to the position that i set for the horn to centre, however when flipped back to 0 (non-hold), the marker goes back to the 0 trim position. by right i should be able to use either trimmer or subtrim menu to centre the horn right?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
1) Try moving the ball IN not out. Reset the limit and gain. You will need the limit moved up and then you can run more gain without wag.

2) Lookng at your cuves from mid stick to 75% you go from 0 ptich to +8, but your throttle only goes from 85 to 92.5. You are adding a LOT of pitch, but not a lot of throttle, this means the motor pulls more amp, meaning more torque, but the headspeed decays, meaning less tail rotor speed.

A more normal Pitch curve would be -10 - -5 - 0 - 5 - 10 with that throttle curve. OR, increase your 25% and 75 position throttle settings.
Maybe I'll change back my pitch curve trend as -10 - -5 - 0 - 5 - 10 . I think you are right, increasing abruptly the pitch without proportionally increase the throttle slows down the headspeed and resulting lost of holding power by the rudder. Will do that
Old 08-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #253 (permalink)

I am having a bit of trouble with my setup and I hope you guys can help.

Setup: Trex 600 ESP, JR G770/8900, DX7

Gyro is assigned to AUX2

I watched every minute of Finless' videos on the setup for the tail and something just doesnt seem to be right. I was able to setup the servo just fine finding center and all of that. I want to use the gyro menu for programming the gain functions however for some reason changing the gain does not seem to affect the tail in the least. A friend of mine and I were playing around with it last night and we cranked the gain up to 95 in the gyro menu with no change in flight characteristics!

Did I miss something in my setup here? Please help!!!
caviguy96 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #254 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

If on the power up menu in the DX7 you have gyro assigned to AUX2 then you also have the 770 gyro gain wire plugged into AUX2 and not GEAR right?

Go to the servo monitor screen and watch the AUX2 channel. When you change the gyro menu gain, it changes on the monitor menu yes? If that all shows OK then for some reason the gyro is not seeing a output on AUX2. Try plugging in a servo to AUX2 and make sure the gyro menu makes the servo move as you change numbers.

Bob
Old 08-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #255 (permalink)

Yes I have the channel set properly. I checked the adjustment with a servo in the AUX2 channel and it does move when I change the gyro gain. Also if I move the gyro on the bench and adjust the gain at the same time then I do notice a corrective difference as the gain goes down the movement does the same and vice versa. It just does not make sense to me how I do not get any wag or anything with the gain in the gyro menu set to 95% in flight.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #256 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

The 770 doesn't wag real bad like other gyros with high gain. You will notice the wag in forward flight on turns and backwards flight. Just hovering you "may" not see a wag. If you watch my Protos videos you will see I only got a wag coming out of turns and what not. Nothing in the hover.

Bob
Old 08-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #257 (permalink)

OK, well a good friend of mine and experienced heli pilot has been scratching his head on this one. As I said the tail does hold well but my friend I guess was expecting something different. He did try some very fast FF to test if there was going to be any wag and there was none. So then in the DX7 a good place to start is around 65 and see where we go from there. Thanks for your help Finless!
Old 08-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Bob

First... Thanks for all the videos, they've been a great help.

Here's my set up: DX7 / G770 / DS3500 / AR6100E

I'm using the Gear > Gyro method.

With the Gyro Sense settings at 50%, I checked to see if my servo horn was at 90 degrees at mid stick. - Check.

I then went on to adjust the travel adjust for the rudder to 150% and noticed that the rudder servo won't increase above 45%. I.e. I'm only getting movement in the travel adjust from 0% to 45%. Anything above 45% and the servo doesn't move at all.

I tried adjusting the gyro's servo travel knob from minimum to maximum and it still doesn't make a difference in the radio's travel adjust.

Am I missing something?

btw... The D/R is set to 100%.

Thanks
niconedz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #259 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Heading hold gyros do that. It's normal on the bench to see the rudder stick move maybe 50% of throw but the servo is already all the way over. This is normal on the bench to see this as the gyro is expecting the tail to move and when it doesn't it moves all the way even though the stick is not moved all the way. In the air this will not do this. Ignore it and continue with setup.

Bob
Old 08-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Heading hold gyros do that. It's normal on the bench to see the rudder stick move maybe 50% of throw but the servo is already all the way over. This is normal on the bench to see this as the gyro is expecting the tail to move and when it doesn't it moves all the way even though the stick is not moved all the way. In the air this will not do this. Ignore it and continue with setup.

Bob
Thanks for the reply.

I was under the impression that the stick & servo behave this way when the gyro is HH mode. I have the gyro sense menu set to 50% which I thought puts the gyro in rate mode.

So I've got the gyro sense menu set to 50%. Now in the travel adjust menu, if I move the rudder stick fully to the left, the servo moves fully to the left. Keeping the stick fully to the left, I then decrease the end point. The servo arm won't start moving until I pass below 50%.
niconedz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
101, dual rates, expo, g770, gyro, gyro setup, jr g770, video, videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in