Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheers Gaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Thought you had the 450 flying Denis. You videoed it the other day?

Sutty
p.s. Sorry, can't help on the glow plugs, as you might imagine.
It is airworthy, or, I haven't crashed it if thats what your wondering Only missing a male batt connector on the ESC. Decided to change all deans connectors in my fleet to XT60. I've just decided I didn't like deans as I always found them a pain to solder. After Gaz's masterclass, he made it look so easy. I'm wondering if I should give them a kind of re-trial?

Anyway why is the 450 not in the air....bad soldering techniques again, I managed to melt 4 of the male XT60 connectors (out of a 5pk) Got one onto my charge lead, but I can't change that now as Gaz needed his soldering iron back... so want to get myself one of those now too!!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a bunch of XT60s which you can have if you decide to stick with the first plan.

By the way, having just received my FlightPower batteries for the 550, and they were complete with EC5 connectors, I had to solder an EC5 male to the ESC, and I have to say it was fantastic to work on. Just like soldering the bullets on the other side of the ESC for the motor, except bigger. Then just click them one at a time into the combined housing, and you're away. Real easy to do, and you can't melt the housing, because it isn't in there when you are soldering it.

When you slide them together they go and line up perfectly and have a real positive feel to the way they connect. As I say, I have only had experience of using them on the 550 for about 30 flights, plus maybe 20 or so for set-up, connects and disconnects that is, but they certainly seem to work really well.

XT60, well I got those on the last 4 packs I bought from Hobby King, and they do connect nicely, but I've never soldered one of those, because instead of changing my ESC, I just made an adapter. The reason I made the adapter was so that I could keep the deans on my original other 4 packs, though I actually bought a whole bunch of them to change them over, but never did as the adapter works perfectly well. Not worth doing now either, as they are getting a little tired. Anyway, not changing them over is why I have them spare, so you're welcome to them if you want. I know you said you have some work coming up, but in case you haven't got the readies until they pay you. Anyway it is up to you.

Just PM me your address if you want them, I'll be happy to send them over.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for the late reply Sutty, I fell asleep!! Jack is stopping over and just woke me up so I decided to post a quick reply before I go back to bed

I need another 6 or 7 small items, so I've decided to drive to Warrington on Monday and pick them up at Revolution Mods. It's only about £35 in total so I can stick it on my card for a week or two. Cheers for the offer though, but if you have them on some of your packs, I would prefer you keep them as spares

So I can sneak a day off on Monday, but then I'll probably be working rest of week including Saturday. So there is still the possibility of a maiden next weekend, but I have to keep my fingers crossed Gaz isn't working too so we can take it to the club Sunday.

I powered up the other day and found a servo buzzing rather loudly, so once I drop Jack off tomorrow, I need to look at that as a priority. The thought/cost of having to replace on of the JR8717 cyclic servo's or just a gear set is whats making me cringe now!!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
I got some work booked in for next week now.

Yeah baby!

Don't forget however that the Grand Pubba is back and this shameless period of uncontrolled aquisitions is about to come to a screeching halt.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

Given the twist and turns my life has been though recently, can I appeal for an immunity cloak this time? You knew about the mcpx, other than that I've only got 1 600N (and alot of spares were included in the deal too, like 3 canopies - bargain ).

My ex and I have been arguing like cats and dogs for the last few months since she went off with someone else (who after a few weeks turned out to be a psycho from the army, so she dumped him ). My life has also changed for the better by deciding to start taking steps to give up smoking completley, the first step being dealing with the dope. That is still going to plan.

Infact, I think I should give you guys an update. About 2 weeks ago, my ex and I agreed that enough was enough with the arguing and anonimity, and it had to stop. We decided to try and become friends again, and boy did she push that freindship straight away - wanting me to cut her lawn and sort some plumbing out in the bathroom. I called her bluff and asked what kind of friends we were going to be?

Friends for Jacks sake, but going our separate ways - in which case she can cut her own freaking grass? Or, friends who are trying to sort a relationship out, for our sake more than the kids?

Well lets just say the grass got cut last week and we spent some time together as a family today. Maybe some dates in a few weeks time? Long story short, we're just just taking it one step at a time. Understandably, we're both feeling a bit funny about it considering, all the nastyness that's gone on, and we've both been with other people. I always wanted 1 more chance, and now it seems I have it. If it doesn't work out this time, we already agreed, in a kind of pre-nuptual, that we'll just split on the grounds of uncompatibility, and stay friends for Jacks sake, but going our separate ways. At least being clearheaded now, I beleive there is a chance that will not happen.

Oh, and it has already been agreed that the helicopters are staying
Old 07-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Denis, I'm chuffed for you that things are working out. These sorts of issues really destory lives and disrupt everyone elses associated with the involved. Tread tactfully, your much wiser and knowing of each others hang ups and buttons. I hope for all the best.

Reading your words has given me much to think about as last Saturday my partner of five years and mother to my child suddenly become a lunatic without ANY reason. Within days she had a new apartment down the road and has been playing head games with me all week. "we'll try and work it out, I love you, blah blah blah" next day she can't be bothered to talk, or stick to any mentioned plans. It's been a very trying and cruel time to me, especially so on my birthday a few days later.

Very very hard to deal. Hence why my activity has been absent,
UPGl2AYDD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think we are in a similar boat there Mike. Seriously, I have been hurt over and over by my ex too. I have grown a thick skin to it the last few months, and her with me! That's why we'll just take it one step at a time and it will only work if we both put the effort in. Luckily, mine has been true to her word so far and I wish you all the best with yours.

I have to admit that whilst getting counselling for my dope habit, I also received other good advice from the counsellor about my relationship and my previously resolved debt problems that had played a big part in my life for the last 7-8 yrs. Tha twas longer than I'd known my ex and it caused me yrs of anxiety, stress and depression, oh and having very little money for a long period of time!! I then moved on and took it upon myself to learn a little bit about psycology and what makes us all tick, and thus figuring out what was going on in my head. I feel much stronger as an individual person, and less bothered about acceptance from other people - like my old junkie friends I've know since school days for example, and my ex, if it goes back to being that way.

Maybe you need a way to figure out if she's serious about it or not, but in a passive kind of way? By the way you describe her actions so far, she may not know herself yet!! That depends on how you act?? At the same time you feel it's down to how she acts?? How you get away from that stalemate and figure out what you both really want from the present and future, can take time, and a few arguments along the way. For now I'd just say roll with it, don't sink to the same level and don't ever let it get you down. If it does, just think about how you want your kids to remember you.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a pic my dad took yesterday...looks like my Jacks a natural finger and thumbs flyer.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I fell out of the crew hatch and shattered my knee my first wife left me with our 2 year old son and refused to let me see him, send him presents, birthday cards, whatever, me and my entire family. Told him I was dead.
By the time he turned 8 I recieved a very nervous phone call from her. Seemed he was demanding to see me. I said sure and bought an airline ticket. Never told him this story, never will.
Things worked out great, we became very, very close, and losing touch with him for a short time reciently damn near killed me. Now I find out he's in
Afghanistan!

Anyway point being, it's funny how things work out.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers Denis, Tom.

My situation is baffling and stupid, and no matter who I tell it too, their response is the same "she's immature", "she's up to not good"..... Since moving out to this town, in the same apartment building as her parents (no other choices), and a stone throw from the rest of her family, I've found myself either working nights, waking up later in the after noon to an empty home, or wake up early to watch her leave, to only spend all day alone at home to the wee night hours of 9-10. She'd come back to make or have supper but that's it. I put up, and shut up for many weeks initially, because of the novelty. But here we are, six, seven months later and it's not changed.

We head butted hard perhaps over a month ago. Her pettie complaints on my part were laughable, but I accepted them and cold turkey'd it all (dumb things like playing the xbox on off evenings she was around in my free time for a few hours etc.), biggest one being arguing often. Little does she understand, or want to, couples bicker and argue all the time. And truthfully, there would be 99% of the arguments, or frustrations on my end if she smartened up, did her wife/mom role and stayed home versus running to this ones and that ones place to sit and stare at the walls. Who wouldn't be upset in my position? Don't want a snowball fight, don't throw a snow ball! Since the argument, she was perfect, things were perfect, we had the odd bicker and argument, but never anything serious.

Suddenly last week I found myself faced with the same issues. But I've kept my mouth shut, and only gave odd looks, and smart comments to express my frustrations. Saturday comes, after working from 8PM the prior night to 6:30am the following morning, the phone rings and she is quickly running out the door, so I continued working away. 2PM rolls around, she comes back to say she's running off to the city with her mother and friend. I reply "see you at nine tonight". 5:30 comes, I look out the window and see the cars all there, hmm she must be back. 6:00 rolls around, still nothing, no phone call or anything saying she came back. Hungry and frustrated, I take off to the local gas station (a stones throw away), grab some snack foods and return. Gone no more then 10 minutes. Return to her flaming me off the deck. I open the door, enter the apartment thinking "you been gone all day and ur nasty because I go for ten minutes?", so I just close the door behind me.

From there, she flips, runs to her parents, I follow moments after to have them tell me I have no rights to lock my own doors, or rights to my home or anything - the audacity of the ignorance. 10 that night she returns and things escalate, as I sat down and said I was upset with her stupid fathers comments. She takes off suddenly and returns an hour later being a manic immature teenager. She hates her life, yada yada. Truth of the matter she has it golden, doesn't work, runs the roads all day everyday, gets to go to dances, stable home, bills paid on time, I never go or do anything but work and wait around home for her and the baby to return, no cheating nothing etc etc. Once I remind her how perfect her situation is she become irrational and uses excuses like me cleaning, upsets her and complaining about things from years and years ago. Then contiunes going on about getting her own place, I can have everything I've contributed to the home (everything) and she'll take her belongings (clothes?), I take take the child that night etc. I just become frustrated with her and walk away, no reasoning with that.

The night only continues on with her immaturity rage fest. I kept my composure, kept calm and quiet. Her father calls the police. They come, look at the situation, me calm, her frantic. They leave, no crime. She tells me I can take my child with me as I leave tonight, her parents tell me I wasn't going too, etc etc. to be honest the night was very trying, quiet a few times the thought of reaching for my firearms sounded good. But I'm to intelligent for that nonsense, but the voices talk... lol

Since then it's been nothing but head games. CRUEL head games. I've gone days without eating, sleeping properly, gray hair, the nine yards. I've NEVER been tested so much as this in my life. All I want is my son's life to be filled with both parents in a stable home. I've not done anything wrong or a lack of anything proper, it's just stupidity I and other have to suffer for.

What pissed me off is she knew I had a friend coming up from out of down, and she came all the way from her place to be around when he came to ask him to see her apartment and ask him to her big "birth day bash" she was having. Christ, I'm trying to go out, meet people and having friends and everyone I bother with she sucks in and bothers with. Sigh.

Never make work and family, everything in your life. Do have friends. Sigh.
UPGl2AYDD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jeez, Mike. You wouldn't beleive how similar parts of your story are to the stuff I've been going through. I only had time to skim read it now, but I'll read it again later and if I think I can offer any advice that might help then I will, if you don't mind?

True though about not allowing just work and family to be the only thing in your life. Amen to that Finding the right balance is the tricky part.

And good on you Tom for getting back intouch with your son. I read your post the other day, and I've been meaning to go back and comment on it. I can relate to what he's done, in that it was time for me to man up, take responsibilty for my actions and family, with or without her. It was just time for me to do what I had to do, so you have to respect your son for doing the same. I hope he stays safe.

I actually considered signing up myself only a couple of weeks ago - was tempted by the disciplin and regular income. I decided not to though as I concluded it was just another way for me to run away from my problems around here!!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mike, sorry to hear about the troubles! The fact that a child is involved means that no matter what happens you WILL have to deal with this woman all your life. No getting around it,,,, both you and Denis.

I work with about 30 women at night, I try, and I tell my crew, keep clear and keep it civil, always smile. It's all you can do.

After my son came out that first time, he would come out for a month each summer and we would just take off fishing for a whole month. Not once have I ever even hinted at the insanity of it all.
I can't stress that point to the two of you enough. No bad mouthing around the kids. In their eyes you ARE GOD, and they absorb every word, mood and action. Just enjoy your time with them, make it all about them.

Other than that, I'm the last person on Earth you want to take relationship advise from. However, I do have an open ear!

Last edited by Tomstoy2; 07-04-2011 at 11:54 AM..
Tomstoy2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
No getting around it,,,, both you and Dave.
Tom does remind me of Trigger!! (OF&H)
dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Given the twist and turns my life has been though recently, can I appeal for an immunity cloak this time? You knew about the mcpx, other than that I've only got 1 600N (and alot of spares were included in the deal too, like 3 canopies - bargain ).

After considerable reflection on this matter, the Pubba has decieded that in this particular case, you do in fact qualify fot the "Spousal Insanity" excemption. I trust you won't abuse this gift from the Most Grand One.

Quote:
Oh, and it has already been agreed that the helicopters are staying

Well thank God you've got your priorities straight
Old 07-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry Dave, and what does Roy Rodger's horse have to do with it?
Old 07-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well boys, it looks like the ol' Grand Pubba is gonna have to give a course or 2 in relationship counceling...

To begin, the foundation to all relations with females is this - "you are never right". No matter what, no matter how good your explanation or how sound your logic. You are wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. And because you are always the one who is wrong, she will never, ever, ever say she's sorry. Why would she? You are the one that is always wrong.

This isn't enough though. If you want any kind of peace, you can't just say you're sorry and that you were wrong. Oh no,no,no,no,no. You must explain 5 different ways how you were wrong, and how uncaring it was of you to inflict your wrongness on her.

Also remember, when she wants to have a talk, she doesn't mean she wants to have a conversation with you, no,no,no! She wants you to listen carefully to her, repeatedly assure her that your are listening carefully to her, that you fully understand what a beast you've been, and then she wants you to explain to her in 5 different ways how she makes sense and how brilliant she is.

Next, the Great One will explain to you boys how to go about getting laid.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

John: "Do you know that I didn't talk to my wife anymore since at least 6 months."
David: "Oh my God, you must be in serious trouble, and have a lot of problems in your relationship, not ?"
John: "No, not at all"
David: "How do you mean ?"
John: "I simply didn't want to interrupt her...."
Old 07-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
Sorry Dave, and what does Roy Rodger's horse have to do with it?
For all you philistines out there!:

Only Fools & Horses:

Colin 'Trigger' Ball is possibly most famous because he calls Rodney Trotter "Dave", even though everybody else calls him Rodney. Rodney discusses this with Trigger in "Homesick", and he agrees to stop, but a few seconds later he calls him it again. When Cassandra Trotter, Rodney's wife, announced she was pregnant in "Modern Men", everybody raised a toast and said "To Cassandra and Rodney", but Trigger can be heard seriously saying "Cassandra and Dave".

In the pilot episode Rodney asked Del where Trigger got his nickname, thinking Trigger was an armed criminal (i.e. a trigger man). Del however replies that it's because 'he looks like an 'orse', this is a reference to the famous screen horse, Trigger, of the 50s and 60s, as Del says to Trig later on "You know what happened to the real Trigger don't you? Roy Rogers had 'im stuffed!".
Old 07-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, that explains it!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tom, it made me chuckle a lot the last time you got our names mixed up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in