Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by richyrich911 View Post
Hi Lankey,

Did you end up getting one of these esc's? I am looking at buying one myself. How are you finding it? Did you find anywhere to buy from in the UK, i've looked everywhere and can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks,

Rich
I ordered mine from http://www.freakware.de/shop/index.php
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by richyrich911 View Post
Hi Lankey,

Did you end up getting one of these esc's? I am looking at buying one myself. How are you finding it? Did you find anywhere to buy from in the UK, i've looked everywhere and can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks,

Rich
Hi Rich

I've not got one yet as I'm having to sell off my other helis first to fund the Fusion, but I will be getting one for it.

Can't find a UK YGE 90HV stockist, but the best price I've found is from sunny Ireland:-

http://radiocontrolledshop.ie/yge-br...ntroller-.html

Hope that helps.

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
lankey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankey View Post
Hi Rich

I've not got one yet as I'm having to sell off my other helis first to fund the Fusion, but I will be getting one for it.

Can't find a UK YGE 90HV stockist, but the best price I've found is from sunny Ireland:-

http://radiocontrolledshop.ie/yge-br...ntroller-.html

Hope that helps.
Thanks Lankey, that is helpful, i did a search but didn't come across that one.
richyrich911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have an issue getting one, I highly suggest emailing Pete ate ElektroRC. I do not know any other retailer's first name because no one has ever offered as much help or been as outstanding as Pete has! I've bought 5 YGE ESC's from him and will buy all future ones from him as well. I know that he has shipped a bunch of ESC's to other people in the UK looking for YGE. Also if the ESC shows out of stock, just email him as he can usually get them in very quickly. I would suggest though getting one soon though as they are gaining popularity and supply is sure to run low with summer coming.
Also regardless where you get the ESC from, i suggest you take a look at his wiki for help on setting up the Gov store as it is not clear from the inital instructions and IMHO the best feature available http://elektrorc.com/article_info.php?articles_id=6
Old 08-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

whats the difference between a YGE 90HV FAI and a regular YGE 90HV if any?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoti333 View Post
whats the difference between a YGE 90HV FAI and a regular YGE 90HV if any?
I know they make ones for boats and planes and usually the programming is different hence the Navy wont have a gov built in. Pete at www.ElektroRc.com would know more as to the exact differences, but from what i know the ones he carries are for air which is what you want for a heli.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just ordered one of these, YGE 90HV, for my Furion 6!

Bye-bye Castle
Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mee Too
Today I ordered YGE 90HV, for my Fusion 50!

Bye-bye Castle
Trader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're going to LOVE it!! The gov is awesome and sooo simple to set up.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on the YGE .. comes down cool as a cucumber, easy to program with the card. And as a bonus.. you dont need a firesuit to own one..
Old 08-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes bye bye castle. Anyone want an ice 80 HV? I'll throw in the 'fire-proof gloves' free of charge.. ;D
Old 08-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

We need someone to do a video on how to setup a YGE using the Prog Card. I'd be willing to help anyone who is willing to do a video. It is simple to setup but just like anything...its simple once you have done it once !
Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
It is simple to setup but just like anything...its simple once you have done it once !
You're kidding... mine on its way in the mail but meanwhile I was reading the instructions downloaded from on-line... not good... lots lost in translation from German to English would be my guess!

What to do... what to do?

Send me decent step by step instructions and maybe I can whip something together.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe this link will help you

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=246947&page=5
Vortex VX1N
jacquesjb is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelletier View Post
You're kidding... mine on its way in the mail but meanwhile I was reading the instructions downloaded from on-line... not good... lots lost in translation from German to English would be my guess!

What to do... what to do?

Send me decent step by step instructions and maybe I can whip something together.
Pete from ElektroRc was very helpful to me, and he has a wiki on his website where he goes over the instructions but a few things can be mis- understood. If you come from a jive/jazz then it should be familiar but small things can mix you up. When you get your ESC and are ready to program it just send me a PM and i'll be sure to walk you through it so that if you do a video, it includes any and all little tricks i know.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just received my new YGE 90 HV and Prog Card II in the mail.
That was quick, I only ordered it Monday.

Its a nice and solid looking piece of equipment.
I'll get everything soldered up on it and then I'll come back here to harass everybody on how to program it.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey,

I received my 90HV yesterday

Question about Governor Store:

Do You suggest to place my trottle curve at the highest stage (100%) when we do the learning procedure at the first start?

Thanx,
Laci
Trader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the ESC Must see 100% during the gov store procedure when you spool it up and leave it there until it changes RPM to signify it has completed. Afterwards you may set your flat throttle curve for whatever RPM you desire.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, flat 100% throttle curve & no blades. Let it run up for ~30sec or so (or until the tail kicks if you leave tail blades on). Cycle power, set flat curve in Tx and fly.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Key point to remember when setting up a YGE ESC.

1.) the YGE is a gov only type esc like Kontronic in that it REQUIRES a flat throttle curve! If you try to do a linear it will not work well... If you try to use a linear curve on 12S you will strip your main gear immediately... Hence set your throttle curve to something like this.
60%--60%--60% .

2.) To use the programming card you must FIRST power the ESC, then power the prog Card &RX...if you dont the programming card will not show the current ESC settings! The programming Card needs a separate 5v input for HV ESC's...(non-bec) ..you must plug your prog-cable (short cable on ESC) to the prog card and then plug your RX with a 5v power source into the RX.. (i use one like this ). I use a spare RX to program my YGE and Jives. This comes in handy when you need to program your ESC while it is on the heli. As a safety precaution you must unplug the standard (long) cable going to your RX or make sure the other RX does not have power. If both programming cable and ESC cable are connected to a live RX then the Programming Card will not function.

3.) The first thing you should setup using the Prog card is to calibrate your TX with the ESC using a linear throttle curve (0--50--100). Be sure to set your endpoints to 100/100 when doing so...then set the low point for 0 and high for 100. If you are using a Futaba you must reverse your ESC channel.

4.) After setting your settings using the prog card, be sure to cycle the power (turn off esc and prog card then turn them back on again) then re-check your settings... Whenever you select Gov on or Gov store, it will automatically reset the soft start to Medium...and pwm to 8...so always go back and recheck your settings AFTER you have programmed it.

5.) PWM this formula works perfect for me on the YGE. Scorpion i use 8 but on Xera i use this formula...
Here's a formula I ran across thats supposed to figure the proper PWM that so far has been working for me.
Kv x Volts (nominal you are using) x Pole count / 20
For my 500 my motor is 8 pole 1760kv running on 5s so
1760 x 18.5 = 32560 x 8 = 260480 / 20 = 13,024 so i have rounded down & set my PWM at 12k & it has performed flawlessly.

6.) Timing = 18 degrees -30 degrees for outrunner.... 0--12degrees for inrunner.
I run most of my Scorpions/ Xera 18 degrees

7.) Gov store is excellent and should be used but I suggest only using it after you know the timing and PWM you will be using USE normal gov till then. Use your freshest strongest packs to setup gov store....use a flat curve of 100-100 and calibrate it with NO Blades...I remove both main and tail.. SET it to 100% ...let it spool up for about 30 to 50 seconds then shut it down. After Gov store is set you can not change your timing or PWM but you can change your pinion....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in