Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Unhappy Impressive CRASH......could it be the radio ?

Hi Freaks, just wanted to share with you this very bad experience i had yesterday on the flying field (fortunately).

As i got to the field and after filling my 700 LE i started the engine and to my surprise the elevator trims were completely out...i'd thought just a simple issue let's reset them and continue flying...
...i started off with an inverted flight and went for an inside loop and that's when everything went mad, the inside loop was brillant but could no longer stabilise the heli, it went on and on in loops until .......... the Crash !! It was as if i had no more response from my radio a Futaba T 12 FGH...

This is the second time that i encounter such a problem, the first time, i thought i did something wrong but yesterday, i realized that it could be the damn radio !
The 2nd Opinion i have is that it could could be the plastic ball link on the blade holder that failed???

Having no choice, i have decided to send my radio to Futaba Japan as we do not have any service centre nearby Mauritius.

Has any one encountered such an issue?

Thanks for your usual positive comments and suggestions,

Brian
Adrenaline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

good luck on futaba..they are unpleasant people. well here in the US. i would assume japan would be better being the one in US plain stinks. don't get me wrong i have a 10CGH i had no issues at all.

do you have more than one heli on this radio, because any RX that is bound to the radio will work. just a thought.

i believe the 700 have issues with the ball links, they recommend getting the quickuk. again don't quote me on this. i would double check.
HeLiJerSey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have seen where the bec drop in power as the servos demanded too much from it sending the receiver into low voltage stage.. this occured using one CC CCBEC (5amp) rating..loss of conttrol was the result. second test was with Align bec and 3amp and also resulted in loss of control

both tested using the align DS620 servos on the bench. upgraded the BEC to hercules HV and no more shut down...
Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

if your using the 2 in 1 there has been known issues failing causing no power to your servos. just like TICK77 said.

what are you using to power your receiver? better yet list what you have exactly, would help us all
HeLiJerSey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Morning Guys,
Yes i am using the standard 2 in 1 supplied in the kit !
Brian
Old 02-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
tgo
Registered Users

It can be defective servo too... what's the CCPM servos you are using? as you mentioned the trim is out....

Also, have you setup fail-safe option?

TGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Hi Freaks, just wanted to share with you this very bad experience i had yesterday on the flying field (fortunately).

As i got to the field and after filling my 700 LE i started the engine and to my surprise the elevator trims were completely out...i'd thought just a simple issue let's reset them and continue flying...
...i started off with an inverted flight and went for an inside loop and that's when everything went mad, the inside loop was brillant but could no longer stabilise the heli, it went on and on in loops until .......... the Crash !! It was as if i had no more response from my radio a Futaba T 12 FGH...

This is the second time that i encounter such a problem, the first time, i thought i did something wrong but yesterday, i realized that it could be the damn radio !
The 2nd Opinion i have is that it could could be the plastic ball link on the blade holder that failed???

Having no choice, i have decided to send my radio to Futaba Japan as we do not have any service centre nearby Mauritius.

Has any one encountered such an issue?

Thanks for your usual positive comments and suggestions,

Brian
tgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,
I'm using the servos supplied in the kit.
I never set up the fail safe.
Therefore i find it quite difficult to believe that the issue is a servo because i had the same problem in another heli with Futaba 9255 servos !
Also, the problems i encountered with the trims were only with the elevator trims and in all modes.....Strange isn't it ?
Have a great day of flying,
Brian
Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would guess it is a 2 in 1 failure.

Even if you have the fail-safe set if you have no power going to the servos then nothing will happen anyway.

If the servos are tight enough to hold position without power then the flight path the heli was on before the black out is the path it will follow till its demise.

I too thought my issues were radio problems but changing the 2in1 out for something else put all my mystery crashes to bed.

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2010, 01:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi Mick,
i could agree if this incident would have happened only once....
Unfortunately i had similar issues with 3 different helis !
brian
Old 02-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That changes things a bit!!!

If you have problems with multiple helis then it probably is a good thing you sent the Tx in for service.

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in