Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2006, 01:18 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks!

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the build videos :cool: - a major help building my Trex SE - really appreciated. Got it flying with minimal hassle .

Andy.
VxDAndy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #182 (permalink)

Default dvd for trex

hi bob your video is great ....can i buy a dvd or cd ?

/
eberline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For the instruction films on cd check out this thread:
https://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=13143
Old 08-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Assembling the XL frames and bearings video

Hi Bob,

I just ordered a TRex 450XL kit and am about to start my first build. Do you have the XL frame assembly video posted somewhere?

Thanks for all your work on the TRex videos. They are very helpful.
kungfubadboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #185 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes right here:
https://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=13084

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2006, 04:27 AM   #186 (permalink)

bob you are a champion

cheers
caleb
tiranosaurus rex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #187 (permalink)

thank you bob,

for years i've searched for the info you are providing. thank you for your help.
just bought a trex 450 se and thanks to you i set it up and didnt have to resort to asking the local shop for help. they couldn't seem to see fit to help me figure out my optic 6. the throttle/pitch curve video helped alot.
sdboogieman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #188 (permalink)

Help please, i'm unable to download any of the video. I'm using Download Accelerator Plus and it stated 'Cannot retrieve file info'. Tried few times but still the same
yns67 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #189 (permalink)

Hi finless. Have a question for you.

Ive wacthed your videos on ccpm interactoins, and have one question. If
I set up ccpm interactoins and adust the trakeing of the heli to make it
parlel to the ground will it be in acurate scine I have the ccpm interactions cancled out with my radio?
Also do I need to put zero trim if I try to track
my heli?
In other words, If I have trim or went to the end point menu to cancel out eccppm interactions will it have an effect on the rotor blade traking that would cause me to level it inacurtley?
Would I need to put zero trim and 100% right and left for aileron and elveator in the endpoint menu before I put tracking tape and try to tweek it until the rotor blades are leveld?

Thanks bob
cobrapilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 04:54 AM   #190 (permalink)

Thanx alot for your great videos!!

After watching the video with one-way bearing I am still having a hard time getting the bearing in without getting an angle with the main gear. The slight uneven end of the bearing goes in first, right?

Suggestion: I was puzzled as how to mount a newly purchased Futaba S9650 servo to the T-rex. Finally I mounted it using the two tabs on the side of the servo. I havent seen anyone do this before, perhaps you could do a small video of how you like to mount it. I guess that the 9650 is a pretty common tailservo.

Thanx again Finless/Bob!
hasseBTX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 10:30 PM   #191 (permalink)

Thanks you for letting me use your vids.

It has kept me from throwing out my bird. I have solved many little gremlins with your help.
helifish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob,
As many have already thanked you, and many, i'm sure, in the future will also, I thank you. I set up my heli before I found or saw your vids. I've been flying for a few months now, and it flies pretty well, but I am planning on breaking it down a bit and use your vids as reference. I am confident that the results will be a better setup.
Thanks again.
davidolev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2006, 08:40 PM   #193 (permalink)

Bob do you think you will get time to use a JR radio and set up a T-Rex with it.
Joe
jda3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #194 (permalink)

Hi Bob,

Just watched your blade balancing video and I do mine slightly different then you do. I put the blades on the balancer going the same way. Ie: think of putting them on the heli so one leading is leading and one leading edge is trailing in the direction of rotation. Doing this make it extremly easy to get the blades level to one another. I can take the blades in the balancer and put the leading edges on a level surface and then tighten up the balancer. This ensures I get them exactly level to one another. Is there any reason why you don't do this and you oriente the blades on the balancer as if they were on the heli?

thanks,
Brendin
Xnaron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2006, 04:56 AM   #195 (permalink)

Default Blades tracking

Dear Bob, really thanks for yr vids. I've built my trex as per yr instructions, and it flies! Moreover would say it is my firs experience in RC models.
Same time I have some difficulties. E.g. with blade tracking, as when my heli is not in the air, it is not visible. And when hovering, it takes all my attention and no chance to see the lower/higher blade.

So I did it like on the attached photo. Is it correct and I can do like that???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blade_tracking.jpg (885.7 KB, 247 views)
Helliboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No problem. That's what I used to do to check blade tracking. I didn't use the clamps but shoved a piece of metal over the skids with the heli on a table and put a couple of heavy books on the ends.
Now I just eyeball it in hover but your method is ok.........

Do put the gyro under the tailboom for better protection though!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:35 PM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fantastic videos Bob, has really given me the confidence that all will be good when I take her for her first flight,

Iam at the stage in ccpm part 2 looking for interactions but on each move of the pitch up or down the flybar tilts 45 degrees up and down which is making checking for the paddle pitch impossible to spot are you suporting the flybar in anyway to prevent this movement or have I got something wrong,
In other words with hands off, and the flybar level should it remain level while moving the throttle/pitch up and down not seesaw up and down. Hope this makes sense.

Avant Aurora, ys SR , 8915,Spectrum
ghettotige is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige
Fantastic videos Bob, has really given me the confidence that all will be good when I take her for her first flight,

Iam at the stage in ccpm part 2 looking for interactions but on each move of the pitch up or down the flybar tilts 45 degrees up and down which is making checking for the paddle pitch impossible to spot are you suporting the flybar in anyway to prevent this movement or have I got something wrong,
In other words with hands off, and the flybar level should it remain level while moving the throttle/pitch up and down not seesaw up and down. Hope this makes sense.
You should hold the flybar at a 90deg angle to the main shaft head when checking blade pitch. If you buy a blade pitch meter they often come with an arm that holds the flybar lever to the heli.

Brendin
Xnaron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thank you very very very much bob, your videos are fantastic. they've help me alot in understanding how to setup my trex. it's the second helicopter of mine, i had an walkera #22E to start off with, which i managed to learn hovering all by my self, thanks to various info on the net.
again, thank you, you're the king. is there anything i can do for you to show you my appreciation?

/Fredrik (from sweden, will visit california in three weeks to go visit my sister)

also, thanks to all you other people contributing to this and other forums, your help is great!
Gaui Hurricane 550 /w Skookum SK-360 flybarless
Spektrum DX7, Phoenix Sim
flunk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #200 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Setting up pitch

Bob,would there be any chance of you doing a video of
'How To Set Up Pitch'.
I'm sure it would be of some use to some of us that can't get to a club.
Thanks
spartanleper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in