Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sk720 BLACK EDITION LAUNCH.

Hi Guys,

Some dealers have put varying dates up for the SK-720BE shipping out.

So just FYI, barring major problems, we expect to ship in the third week of May.

- Art
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
Hi Guys,

Some dealers have put varying dates up for the SK-720BE shipping out.

So just FYI, barring major problems, we expect to ship in the third week of May.

- Art

Thanks

At least now we know.

That's the week I'm moving to North Carolina here's hoping Prostar Hobbies can find me down there.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sk720 BE ship date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
barring major problems
Very Seinfeld...
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My dealer says May 1, and I'm going to hold him to that.
Montana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sk720 BE ship date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
My dealer says May 1, and I'm going to hold him to that.
As long as your not holding your breath you'll be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Spelling is optional.
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thank you so much for the information.
newhelliguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the update Art.
Tachead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dealers are getting them at about the same time. If they list earlier, there's been a miscommunication somewhere.
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good
Now I have to look at the cost of the unit and see what comes with it.
It's to go on the Srimrok ECO that still awaits completion.
If it is as good as I hope in regards to vibration immunization, then I will add another two later and retrofit some other birds.
Alfred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any word on the price yet Art? Is the $449 target going to be met? Thanks again.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
Any word on the price yet Art? Is the $449 target going to be met? Thanks again.
I pre ordered mine today from Heli Direct $450
Old 04-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one on pre-order as well from rchelicanada. That price is not finalized. It is a pre-order price, subject to change. Skookum hasn't released the official price yet. Hopefully Art can confirm it here. Thanks Art.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have one on pre-order as well from rchelicanada. That price is not finalized. It is a pre-order price, subject to change. Skookum hasn't released the official price yet. Hopefully Art can confirm it here. Thanks Art.
Its the final price according to Heli Direct, because I was given the option to pay the $450 in full up front, or a $25 deposit until the item is ready to ship.

HD would not put a price up on their website and take the money ahead of time if the price was still not set.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICNU View Post
Its the final price according to Heli Direct, because I was given the option to pay the $450 in full up front, or a $25 deposit until the item is ready to ship.

HD would not put a price up on their website and take the money ahead of time if the price was still not set.
Skookum doesn't even have the price up on their website. I would trust them more then Heli Direct. Unless they have talked with Skookum directly and got the finalized price they are blowing the sunshine off your ass man. Hopefully we will hear from Art today. As far as I know though, no official price has been released yet.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Skookum doesn't even have the price up on their website. I would trust them more then Heli Direct. Unless they have talked with Skookum directly and got the finalized price they are blowing the sunshine off your ass man. Hopefully we will hear from Art today. As far as I know though, no official price has been released yet.
I hear ya, but I'm completely comfortable $450 is what it will be. It makes no sense at all for a vendor to post a price and take not only ore pre orders, but also full payment up front for an item that they didn't know what their selling price will be.

People make decisions to buy or pre order based on stated price, and HD is not going to risk their reputation and come back and ask for more money AFTER someone has already purchased an item. They wouldn't even have it on their website if they didn't know what they were going to ask for it, or there would be a disclaimer stating that the price was only estimated. Other vendors may do it differently, but I'm not worried about it at all with Heli Direct, and I'm sure they have already had this conversation with Skookum.

Not having current information on the Skookum website is the norm for them and they are known for their less than average communication skills. I trust HD much more than anything on the SK website.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICNU View Post
I hear ya, but I'm completely comfortable $450 is what it will be. It makes no sense at all for a vendor to post a price and take not only ore pre orders, but also full payment up front for an item that they didn't know what their selling price will be.

People make decisions to buy or pre order based on stated price, and HD is not going to risk their reputation and come back and ask for more money AFTER someone has already purchased an item. They wouldn't even have it on their website if they didn't know what they were going to ask for it, or there would be a disclaimer stating that the price was only estimated. Other vendors may do it differently, but I'm not worried about it at all with Heli Direct, and I'm sure they have already had this conversation with Skookum.

Not having current information on the Skookum website is the norm for them and they are known for their less than average communication skills. I trust HD much more than anything on the SK website.
That is true. I don't think they would not put a disclaimer if they didn't have at least some kind of conformation. Where I bought mine from does have a disclaimer though. Hopefully $449 will be the price and they will ship on time as I don't know about you but I am anxious to read some reviews and flight reports. Hope we made the right decision. I almost never buy the first run of anything but, I took the risk on this one. Hopefully SK will release a finalized product with little to no glitches and take care of us if their is. I sure hope so because I like to support my country`s products and tend to be fairly unforgiving with lack of customer support and or using customers as beta testers.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks very likely to be $449 ... but because Skookum has not officially released the price, it's only an educated estimate based on prior conversations with Skookum.
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far there is also very little info about the unit on their website.
Alfred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That is true. I don't think they would not put a disclaimer if they didn't have at least some kind of conformation. Where I bought mine from does have a disclaimer though. Hopefully $449 will be the price and they will ship on time as I don't know about you but I am anxious to read some reviews and flight reports. Hope we made the right decision. I almost never buy the first run of anything but, I took the risk on this one. Hopefully SK will release a finalized product with little to no glitches and take care of us if their is. I sure hope so because I like to support my country`s products and tend to be fairly unforgiving with lack of customer support and or using customers as beta testers.
I think you will be very happy with your decision! I've been flying the original 720 since they were first released a few years back. The newer gyro technology has already been used in the 540 which is loved by all, so the new 720 should be just as good or better. I know my skill level won't be able to out fly it!

I rolled the dice on the first run of GPS units and have been very pleased so far. Lets hope I can go two for two!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

The SK720 BE will be a winner!!! I am looking forward to putting one on my birds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in