Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hirobo embla

hi all,

im seriously considering buying the hirobo embla very soon. to me it seems like very good value for all aluminum and carbon fiber parts, not to mention the quality.
ill also be buying a futaba 8fg for the embla and future logo600se. may even bind this to my b400 at some point.
ill also more then likely use gy720 for flybarless system, bls257 for tail, not sure about cyclics yet.

can anyone give me some feedback about their experience with their embla? what setups are you using? (electronics, etc) hows the stock motor/esc? from what i can gather hirobo is top quality.
ill also be using 2x hyperion 35c 2200 mah and 4x nano-tech 45-90c 2200 mah for the embla/b400 save buying new batteries
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 03:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

the embla is my true first 450 size heli. i had a copterX that was trash because i got it in trade and i then had a trex450pro. the trex450 pro is nice but i never got to go beyond hovering it. for some reason, it scared the crap out of me. a year later i decided in getting the embla. it is waaay better looking than a trex and the quality too is better. i first wanted a flybarred embla but got the fbl instead and a gy750. it flies really smooth and quiet ( compared to the trex450pro) and i am loving it the more i fly it the kit with motor and esc is very pricey here but after putting it all together, it definitely is worth every penny. i have mks ds92 for swash, bls257 for tail running 5.1v with a 3amp ubec. i heard awful things about the ds92 so i am saving up for a different set i have 10flights on mine and flies way better than any trex in our field
gouki74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

i am also using the stock motor, esc and pinion and the esc easily gets warm even with slow circuit flying but it has never thermal shut down even when i flew it aggressively. the bec in the esc is probably linear, that's why even when setting it up, the esc gets warm even when not running it. i was hesitant about the stock esc at first but after about 4or5flights, i have forgotten all about it it can thermal shut down probably easier if the pinion went up to 13t or 14t. setting up the esc was a breeze. the instructions for esc set up was really good that an ep klutz like me got to follow it easy on my first try
Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have the fbl embla, useing the stock motor and pinion. i was going to use the stock esc but desided to use a cc ice50 esc.
i have been told the stock esc is good. and im loven the stock 2700kv motor .im also useing futaba s3156 servos for cyclic and a futaba 9650 tail servo. runnin a beastx fbl controler. also the stock blades work great. i had a trex450pro that i sold just to buy the embla and glade i did its one great heli.
hirobo fan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

well i now have my foot in my mouth. i was set on the hirobo embla, but that would leave me with 2 450 size helis. i have limited funds to put into this so would rather put it towards something bigger, now looking at the logo400se.
if i had my way id have both!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi!

I know that feeling. Why not sell your other 450, get an embla and the Logo?

I just bought a used Logo400SE FBL and it flies great. Logo quality is very high, similar to Hirobo... I fly Lepton & Logo400 in the 500 size...

Ciao,
Bob
gratefulfrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulfrog View Post
Hi!

I know that feeling. Why not sell your other 450, get an embla and the Logo?
no way, i have spent a lot of money on my blade 400, probably close to $1000AUS (including purchase price), upgrading the gyro and servos to much better quality. for what a second hand blade 4003d is now worth, i would lose more then id gain selling it

besides, for me it also has sentimental value, its my first decent sized heli and ive gone through a lot with it.
even if i no longer flew it i still think id keep it

however, if i had the money, i would have both the embla and the logo. and several other helis for that matter!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Embla could be better. It is a collaborative effort between Hirobo and a Chinese company.
The parts are made in China, and the carbon frame is over-engineered. In fact, Leptop Ex looks soooo much better than Embla. And Hirobo actually had to step in and provide their own plastic linkages b/c the Chinese made ones were too tight... You'll see this as an extra package in the Embla kit...

Having said all of that, the Lepton Ex is 100% Japanese.

The Embla is 50% Japanese 50% Chinese.

But, when you watch a Lepton Ex in the Youtube videos take off, you'll notice a clumsy nose-to-tail wag in the video, which gives the impression that Lepton is not very stable in flight.

I watched a video where Hirobo guys were demoing Quark SG and Embla indoor at a hobby convention. Man, I can tell you that even though the Embla is a half-ling (50-50 Sino-Jap), it flies soooo much more stable and better than the Lepton. They wouldn't risk an accident flying the Embla at an open convention if they could not control the Embla with the precision required to fly it in proximity to a large crowd...
hiroboguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Chinese company is the Thunder Tiger....
some EMBLA's parts are the same of Mini Titan...

It might be pricey, but with no doubt flies well.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pricey??? You can get an Embla for $275 right now and that's with blades, motor, and 40amp ESC.

I've got 3 of them now. It's an awesome little heli that is well built and very precise in the air. I originally had 2 built as 6s and one for spares, but recently converted one back to 3s to use my trex450sev2 lipos after the trex had an unfortunate incident and I didn't have the time to fix it yet.

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hiroboguy is spot on as this was the first outsource model from Hirobo. That said, the model flies very well but I did have several issues and concerns during the build. There were a few things that I changed to my liking. Keep in mind that I had an early kit and some things may have been resolved. I worked with MRC during the build to give them feed back for the manufacturer as well.
Some things to check:
-Second gear bolt supplied is 14mm long, it is to short to fully engage the nut. Replaced with 15mm bolt.
-My first second gear was warped, received a new one that was much better.
-Tail blades supplied were to thin for the grips and would require you to deform (pinch) the holders. Used Trex 450 carbon blades as they were a perfect fit.
-My first motor had high frequency vibrations as it was not balanced well. Replaced with the Trex BL450MX. In order to use the Trex motor I had to machine a new mounting plate as the Embla motor's bolt pattern was at a different spacing. Note that the motor change was my choice.
-Added a rear stop for the battery pack as it could shift and hit the motor.
-Center of gravity was tough to get as the model was tail heavy, the battery stop above helped to move the pack further forward but you are limited to the amount you can go forward without causing canopy issues.
-I did not like the landing gear, cheesy, to low, used Trex 450 gear, model sits 3/4" higher now and looks better.
-Swash plate has extremely sharp edges. Took a jewelers file to it and remedied that.
Again, the model flies excellent. Very locked in and on rails. Is it Hirobo's standard high end quality? No. But they did not make in Japan, it was their first outsource and some quality control was lacking just a bit. All in all a good bird.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	378243   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	378245   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	378248  
Old 01-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is anyone still flying embla 450e's?
Lentar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew one of mine on Wed.

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015, 10:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Flew one of mine on Wed.

KevinB
Is getting one at this point in time a sensible option? I did a search and parts availability seems to be problematic. As an example, replacement main shafts are out of stock or not available.

Sent from my GT-I9505
Lentar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2015, 05:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Searching using the part number 0304-104 it is available in many places in the UK and of course RCJapan has all the parts. $4.97US
Old 02-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

i flew mine about a week ago love the embla and how nice it flies
Old 05-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi:
I have a Hirobo Embla three years ago. It's amazing how flies and the quality of the parts are typical of Hirobo.
I live in USA and in these times there is no problem with Hirobo parts and kits.
Mr. Jeff Green retakes Hirobo and gave me great support in building my Hirobo SDX flybarless, and the repair of my Embla.
Jeff is a great guy, helped me a lot, sent me the parts I need as quickly as possible and answered me all my emails where I asked councils. He also wrote me to know if the parts came to me on time.
I am very happy with your service 100%, he is very professional.

You can find Hirobo spare parts and kits in USA at very competitive prices and low shipping cost:
http://hirobofanusa.com/
http://www.vrchobbies.com/hirobo/

If any parts not on the web you can write and he gives you a solution.

Greetings and happy flights.
yohanderj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in