Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am going too rework the head and try different density rod and cord stock machined too fit the head perfectly.
I wonder what the Trueblood cushions are made of, also I read where some guys are using silicone gas line for dampeners.
I think by using the blade spacers or o-rings there is a little clearance around the dampener and the head at least in my case, by fitting it with exact fitting material the slop will go away but the dampening effect will be there too lessen feedback.

Steve
ERRATIC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

you could cut a couple of pieces of the silicon tubing a little bit long and placing the C-clips will hold pressure against it causing it to swell out a bit filling the hole in the head nicely...
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #243 (permalink)

Hey Marty, Boomtown hobbies has the honeybee swash for $17.90!I changed my rotor head back to stock because with no slop in the head it was only good for still air, unless I was flying fast forward the wind would catch it.I think the ufly head assembly/shaft bearing is to flimsy for any better performance ?
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

you changed the blade grips ? or did you go back to the flybar set up?

mine is doing fine with the extreme blade holders but i am still using the stock dampener o-rings until they wear out then i got a spare set in the old flybar head i took off ...
Old 06-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #245 (permalink)

I just returned it to the stock oring setup,I'll never go back to the flybar!It flys pretty good as is so for now I'm done for a while making changes.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

think im going to order some of these and see how they look for night flying.....

anybody else seen these yet? several colors available..

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-10194.html
Old 06-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmarty View Post
think im going to order some of these and see how they look for night flying.....

They require 12 volts. How are you going to power them? They would probably be too much drain also. Your better off going for fewer leds or even some EL wires. I have a 3 color EL wire setup that is self contained and runs off a lithium coin battery.
tkerins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:

Hi Magicmarty,
Those LEDs suck, the solder breaks and LEDs die because of it. Buy this one, can't kill it!
****************liQSwX -cheers
jtpile is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpile View Post
Hi Magicmarty,
Those LEDs suck, the solder breaks and LEDs die because of it. Buy this one, can't kill it!
****************liQSwX -cheers
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270680026577
Old 06-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270680026577
Old 06-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

ah ok ...glad i asked before i ordered them...thanks for the link...
Old 06-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just ordered the extreme swash plate from boomtown , i will let you guys know how it is when i receive it and get it installed...i just hope the links are the same size and i wont need to change the linkage ends to fit the swash balls...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #253 (permalink)

I have been having problems with my rx2435,I seem to have lost my aileron gyro!It still works with the tx but gyro won't stabilize ,the elevator gyro still works the same.I tried changing the servo but had the same result.It's still flyable, but kinda like a drunken sailer because it doesn't stabilize !Any one have a similar experience ,I did have that servo plugged into a lost model finder that may have caused it?I'm looking forward to the swash report!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
I have been having problems with my rx2435,I seem to have lost my aileron gyro!It still works with the tx but gyro won't stabilize ,the elevator gyro still works the same.I tried changing the servo but had the same result.It's still flyable, but kinda like a drunken sailer because it doesn't stabilize !Any one have a similar experience ,I did have that servo plugged into a lost model finder that may have caused it?I'm looking forward to the swash report!
How do you know it's not functioning? The Gyro compensation is very subtle on the UFLYS mainly for use in wind and not normal flight. Are the pots set at the same level? If you hold it level in your hand with the main motor off and then tilt front to back and then left to right, do you hear the same amount of servo action in both directions? There could be a mechanical issue that is causing lateral stability issues.
tkerins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #255 (permalink)

On the flybarless it's only flyable when the gyros are working and on!I can see and hear the elevator servo working but the aileron servo remains where ever you leave it.I tried different gain settings and it only affects the elevator ,I think the lost model finder screwed it up!I ordered another rx so I will know for sure oneway or another!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think im going to make my own main shafts from now on instead of buying them, i can order 3 mm ejector rods for a fraction of the costs and get 3 shafts out of one after i cut it....i have a drill press and it worked good when i drilled the hole in the v370 shaft for the main gear ...here's the link if anybody else is interested in getting some of the steel rods...a 3mm rod that is 250mm long is less then $4.00 plus shipping...and guys on several forums are using them for main shafts and say they work real nice and have a tighter fit on the bearings then some stock shafts....

http://www.plastixs.com/ep07.html
Old 06-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #257 (permalink)

The shafts are hardened, going to be very hard to drill.Use a cobalt drill bit and safety goggles!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'll keep the drill bits in mind when i get ready to try the shafts....

my extreme swash plate came in today....its really nice but has a bit more play in it then the stock walkera does, but it doesn't seem to affect the heli , i only tested it for a short hover...the inner balls were the same measurements as the stock but the outer balls were a lot wider and i knew it would affect the servo throw...so i took them off and used the 2 extra inner ones and it worked out well....luckily the walkera links fit nicely on the extreme link balls but the walkera link balls have a lot smaller thread size so they wouldn't fit the extreme swash plate.... if any you guys get the extreme swash there is 2 different ones , i think the one that only has 2 inner balls is the newer version and the one i got had the 4 inner balls, glad it did cause i needed the 2 extra balls....another thing i had to do was re-level the swash buy letting the servo links out several turns....

the swash looks really beefy and shouldn't bend easily like the stock walkera does....

my super skids should be here tomorrow and i will let you guys know how the stack up to the stock skids....i got the 400 size so they will have a nice wide stable stance to them....
Old 06-10-2011, 08:12 AM   #259 (permalink)

We need a flight report , how does it fly!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

hopefully i will get some flight time in soon i been a bit busy plus its been really hot here...

i did get the super skids in and they are pretty nice , they have a nice wide stance and sit the heli up about 1 inch higher...they do weigh a bit more but i don't think it will affect it much hopefully....

Tags
370d01, flybarless, uflys, walkera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in