Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch slider failure = crash!

I'm so sick of mechanical problems with this machine! Went out flying this morning and did a couple of good warm up flights then take it up again and seconds into my flight, the tail goes nuts. I threw TH and killed the engine before it hit the ground but was not able to save it. Tail pitch slider bushing broke mid flight.

Brand new blades, main, feathering, and two servos need gears, one skid and canopy is a bit mangled too. This SUCKS!

The good news is that I had a brand new Trex600 Pro slider and it looks like it will be a perfect fit, so hopefully I can pick up some blades tomorrow and still fly it this weekend. What is up with the quality of these parts? Throw away the main fuel line, the clunk line, the engine fan, the pitch control arm, and now the pitch slider. I'm going to give this heli a little more time to grow on me before it gets chucked.
AMA #934662

Last edited by caralmar; 12-14-2012 at 10:06 AM..
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where exactly is the slider broken? Do you have a picture of it? It is not a part that needs to sustain force of any kind, but just a slider. So, I just wonder how it will be broken.
rudyy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyy View Post
Where exactly is the slider broken? Do you have a picture of it? It is not a part that needs to sustain force of any kind, but just a slider. So, I just wonder how it will be broken.
You can see that it is separated from the arm. That brass bushing screws into the arm. The other side of it is stuck in the arm. I now remember that the exact same thing happened to my X5 and I ended up putting a 600Pro slider in there instead. The 600Pro slider uses a black metal bushing and it is a lot stronger than the brass one.

The down side is that the geometry is not identical because the plastic arms are a little shorter than the X4/X5 arm, so you have to re-configure your end points. The metal ball also hangs higher on the 600Pro, so I used a nut as a spacer to get it to work. Not ideal by any means, but it will get me flying this weekend.

AMA #934662
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not apply some red loctite to thoes threads and call it a day.:thumbup
Rotors Up is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotors Up View Post
Why not apply some red loctite to thoes threads and call it a day.:thumbup
The bushing BROKE. The part with the threads is still stuck inside the arm. I couldn't get it out, so I'm assuming it was loctited. The part broke where the bushing meets the arm.
AMA #934662
Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can see it better in this pic...

AMA #934662
Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

SAME here but had not posted yet. Seems to be the same area. I have a T-Rex pitch slider on mine and is working well. The travel is a little less but does not seem to effect flight. Never have I seen one of these break and mine also broke in flight. Luck was on my side as I was able to auto in. I'll post my pics tonight. Sorry man.

tauseef
Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that sucks! That should not be happening on a new build period!!!
Sorry to hear about it. Hang in there..
Rotors Up is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
You can see it better in this pic...

Exact same on mine!! That looks exactly like my photo. The brass broke right at the last thread.

tauseef
Old 12-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauscnc View Post
Exact same on mine!!

tauseef
That really sucks! Especially because if you buy a new spare for the X4, it will come with the same crappy brass bushing. The Trex bushing is wider and stronger metal, but it will not fit in the Gaui control arm, so you can't "upgrade" the bushing... you have to replace the whole thing with either Gaui or Align. Taus, I noticed the decrease in travel as well. Also, because the Align arms are a little shorter, if you use the full travel, you run the risk of locking up the tail when it is at the extreme against the tail case.

What I did on mine is use the holes that are a mm or two closer to the tail case. I have less travel in the tail, but even when the slider is against the case, it can't lock up.

Hopefully it will not impact flight characteristics. I just pulled out the main shaft and it is straight, which is surprising, given that both blades are toast. I got lucky and the rest of the airframe looks intact... so with some luck, I'll be able to fly it this weekend.

Carlos.
AMA #934662
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had exactly the same problem...
Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandu View Post
i had exactly the same problem...
Well, this isn't an "anomaly" or "user error" then. This is a crappy part. Sandu, did it cost you a crash?
AMA #934662
Old 12-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

These are not the type of things I expected of the gaui nx4 This is suppose to be a high quality kit.. I would of never thought that there would be so many flaws and issues. And to think the upgrades needed to this heli are coming from parts on a trex. I am sure we did not all spend $500 on a kit to put trex parts on it? Carlos you hit it on the nose. All the things that were mentioned in the video about the fan, fuel line, blades, tail, etc... Why were those not fixed before being released. I mean it is great that he pointed those things out, but I would of waited on buying if I knew of all these small problems... Gaui needs to make the changes to correct everything.
joallen001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, that is very ugly. Anyone know if the Trex500 slider will work?

Or can someone reflect this to the dealer/manufacturer so that we can get a replacement part of for free?

Rudy
Old 12-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think bad business as well, at the very least give us all a new set of blades that were meant for more then sport flying wtf
flyboy907 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

gaui@gaui.com.tw

Here is gaui's email if you want to contact them directly. I have already contacted them once about the 2.6x10 bolts missing and the throttle hardware. They were quick to respond and sent me the bolts by air mail. Maybe if enough people reach out to gaui they will make this right for everyone.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy907 View Post
I think bad business as well, at the very least give us all a new set of blades that were meant for more then sport flying wtf
yes I was not happy at all that I bought the kit with blades, only to find out they are no good for 3d and that gaui knows of the issue, why sell the kit with blades if you know there is an issue...
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I almost got the kit without blades but thought to myself, I am sure since this is a 3d helicopter the blades will be great. I fly them and they go in and out of tracking as well as being extremely flimsy. Very disappointed. Its funny to me how the reps get on here pre release with all these videos and push a product but when crap starts hitting the fan they are no where to be found to support the product they helped sell us.
flyboy907 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joallen001 View Post
yes I was not happy at all that I bought the kit with blades, only to find out they are no good for 3d and that gaui knows of the issue, why sell the kit with blades if you know there is an issue...
Does not the kit come with Edge FBL blades?

I will go back home and check if 500 slider will fit in as a workaround. It will be stupid if not addressing the issue now but keeping flying it.

Rudy
Old 12-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyy View Post
Does not the kit cone with Edge FBL blades?

Rudy
Only if you bought it from ReadyHeli. The pre-packaged Gaui kit comes with Gaui blades. I got the kit without blades... been there done that with Gaui blades on my X5.
AMA #934662

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in