Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail servo grommets, yay or nay? n590 tail servo

Is it wise to use these rubber and brass grommets on the 450 sv tail servo ? I'm confused as i,ve seen some online with and without, using a kds n590 the red one don't know the difference between that and the gold version of same servo? Any tips for this servo havent heard great things about n590 .Whats your take on this servo ? Thanks to all helifreaks !! Chingie
chingie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

No problem with the N590. I have mine on for three years now. I have the grommets on too. Just see that none of your tail mechanisms bind.
asker857 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool ,yeah I just installed the tail servo finally after killing some servos horns ended up with the round horn giving sweet travel in both directions the without any binding or noise.Servo is at about 45 degrees on the boom i hope that is ok!! I also gave it a spool up without blades and the main gear is a bit noisy, should i close the gap a tad by shifting motor and pinion,also the tail rotor is spinning the wrong way I think looks to be going clock wise when facing the tailside of the heli how to remedy this? I think its meant to be anticlockwise is this right.?Other than that the head looks great spinning just need to do final adjustments to the pitch. Thanks for your tip on the servo much appreciated and happy flying. Chingie
Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default sorted

Got the tail rotor spinning the right way now, I had not installed the twist in the belt correctly !! I think it needs more tension as when spooling up the belt was bit floppy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heli dessert 004.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	363239   Click image for larger version

Name:	kds 007.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	363240   Click image for larger version

Name:	kds 008.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	363241  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in