Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default L20 tr gear with a 138T gear on bottom on a L14 why???

Maybe Dani or someone who does this can answer this for me.... Recently a fellow member of this and another website was at the 3DM in the UK "Lorents". He noted that Andy Rummers machine for one had the bottom gear changed out to the same gear as the top one mod .7 which is #3000 main gear, 138 tooth. Anyhow obviously you would then need the Logo 20 front tr drive gear to go with that for proper gear mesh part #3001 as the one that comes with our logo 14s' is meant for the fine toothed one....part #2725.... Anyhow now I am very curious as to why? Easier to meash since the teeth are wider obviously, or is this a ratio thing where it turns the tail abit faster or what is the real deal here? I am really hoping someone may know as this is now burning me up on curiosity if this is an improvement beyond the meshing of the two gears... If this is an improvement it surely is a cheap and easy one that I want clarification on indeed !!!!

Oh and GJ picking that out Lorents!!!!! You may have found a small clue Of what,,, I dunno but still cool!
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Shawn,

Our sponsored pilots constantly try out new things and as long as a modification works well it is not changed for a competition.

As the spectators at 3D Masters could witness, we try to go to the limit with our electric helis. We don't want a model that just "flys". With a 6S power set-up in a 50-size heli, you don't have the possibility to collect new knowledge about how far you can go with a particular heli. The goal is to constantly improve durability and performance of our machines. Later on we choose which modification will go into a new model or a later version of a model.

In this particular case we are still in the testing phase. It is not for changing the gear ratio, but simply to see whether the gear will last longer. That's all there is to it. If you like, you can try it out on your machine. The parts are stock parts.

I hope you can stop bursting at the seams now :-)

Ralf Buxnowitz
Mikado Model Helicopters[/img]
RB-heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Ralf,

Thanks for the explanation. Very cool that you took the time to satisfy our curiosity

Mikado put up a really good show over at 3Dmasters. Actually so good that two of my flying buddies said that they had to get a Logo - both of them are die hard nitro fans and both of them where in the sportsman class. Mikado definately impressed a lot of people over there!

Oh, and thanks for taking the time to show me how the flybarless head works and all the different components for it. Just tell me if you want to sell me a pre-production Vbar and L10 flybarless head for some testing and comments (just kidding) Really looking forward to the release date for the Vbar.

1 x Mikado Logo 14
2 x Mikado Logo 10
Lorents is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ralph,

Ok so just to clarify by using #3000 main gear on the bottom and using the Logo 20 front drive #3001 the ratio is the same..?, meaning the tail rotor will turn the same speed as the stock configuration of the Logo 14? Also to do this are the only parts needed in fact the #3001 and #3000 gear? Can you also tell us by doing this will the two washers be on the top or the bottom of #3001 or is it one up and one on bottom? I would definetely like to try this as I do notice I change my stock fine toothed front drive #2728 out at least every 50 flights as the center of the teeth length wise wears in enough where I change it to be safe. Please let us know, and thanks for the clarification so far on this matter.

:wink:

P.S. A driven tail on the Logo 10 would be an awesome gift to Logo lovers
Old 08-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I ran that tail gear setup on my L14 when I had mine. If I recall right(been a while) the washers were both still on top of the gear.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jon,

So just simply replace the bottom with another main, and then the L20 gear for front tail drive and that's it, no other washers, spacers or anything else out of the ordinary? Also since you ran it, can you confirm that it is the same tail speed in fact and also what was the improvement for you, just meshing it and general wear and tear was better?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
So just simply replace the bottom with another main, and then the L20 gear for front tail drive and that's it
Yes it is that simple.

The tail speed is the same. Gear ratio is the same as stock with that setup.

Never put a whole lot of time on them before I sold the heli but they looked like new when I did.

-RB-heli- Got the man poisting in here now! How cool is that.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeh , up above , IS the Logo MAN! cant go wrong with what he says ,
as a rep for MA , I cant say anything about the 14 , but the logo 10 , it would be nice to see a driven tail for it ,

Tony
Old 08-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[quote="mudbogger2"]
Quote:
-RB-heli- Got the man poisting in here now! How cool is that.

Like on field of dreams, "if you build it, they will come."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in