Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HF Vendor Support > XHeli/HobbyPartz Support

XHeli/HobbyPartz Support XHeli/HobbyPartz Vendor Sponsored Customer Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HobbyPartz/Xheli may as well be an outright scam...

I'm entirely sick of this company and their way of doing business... They look like a good deal right up until they take your money and fail to ship your purchased items. I'm currently out $120 due to what I can only imagine has been an intentional over-sell of inventory that they apparently didn't have, and can't get back in stock. Seriously, over a hundred dollars and its been three months.

Their support gives me the run-around, and can take days before they respond to basic questions. They won't give definite answers on anything. Their most recent response to when I would receive my already paid order was a copy/paste of a canned reply saying to keep checking their website so I could order them when they're in stock. They didn't apparently even read my question or notice that I have ALREADY purchased and paid for my order months ago.

For anyone considering ordering from these guys, there's only one thing I can say...

DO NOT BUY FROM HOBBYPARTZ!

They'll happily screw you over. Once they have your money they don't give a crap about you.

-Ken
codepoet82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Would you happen to know the order number for the order that has the issue?

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

From Sept. 17th, order ID: yhst-94582326164583-551041

-Ken
Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

We got a shipment of batteries in yesterday but it doesn't look like the ones that you ordered is in the shipment. I can have the order refunded if you like. What is the best number to reach you at? We no longer have you card information so I'll need a card to issue the refund back to.

-Charlie
Old 12-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for the issues your having, I've always had good luck with hobbypartz and if I haven't Charlie has ALWAYS takin care of it.

I have no doubt that he will do what he says!
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

nynextel88: This still doesn't change the fact they are in blatant violation of FTC regulation concerning the matter... I shouldn't have to look for support from an ENTIRELY unrelated web forum. I have still not received a reply from their official support "forum".

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/al...delivery-rules
Specifically this section:

"For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer's silence as agreeing to the delay. But for longer or indefinite delays - and second and subsequent delays - you must get the customer's written, electronic or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn't give you his okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the customer."

Hobbypartz has done NONE of this, nor have they even attempted.

Charlie: how about you provide a real, working, valid point of contact which goes to your company, and we'll start from there.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The customer service number is 626-968-9860, or 626-606-5005. If you can't get through on the phone you can speak to a rep via online chat or through the ticket system. Like I mentioned I can have a rep call you if you like, I just need a number to have them call. You can send me a message with your number if you don't wish to post your number.

-Charlie
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I have had good luck with HZ... I still buy from them.
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mixed Bag?

Raiden Tech has a number of companies they go under. I do not think they are Scamming anyone but the management is lacking in the CS department. If you check them on the BBB they have a Red "F" rating but if you look at the overall picture most have ordered and received what they ordered at a good price. Of coarse it is always the problems you hear about! I had a sour taste in my mouth with this company after my second order. Ordered $150 worth of parts and received a $9.00 set of blades in a box, no packing slip, invoice or e-mail. On line info said all items processed. Multiple e-mails unanswered and attempts to call the phone number listed returned hours on hold and a cell phone bill! Tried the forum and "No reply"? So I had no choice but to put in a PayPal dispute (this after over 2 weeks of trying to get an answer). Well within an hour I get a phone call from an irate oriental man who cursed at me and threatened myself and my family. I calmly defused the situation by offering to pay for the item I received and then some to cover P & H, after he put through a refund. He insisted I pay first and after 2 calls from another employee and numerous e-mail messages they agreed and everything went just as I had recommended. I had also suggested that a e-mail message about back-orders or a packing slip with the information would have gone a long way in avoiding this issue in the first place. Their answer was to blacklist me and charge my paypal again for an order and never ship or contact me on it. Oh well, I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. I still think this is just a case of poor management, they are not attempting any malice, it is just a procedural thing. They can hire me and I will restructure their system to solve 95% of these issues and save them a lot of time and money in putting out the fires!
mundo330 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo330 View Post
Raiden Tech has a number of companies they go under. I do not think they are Scamming anyone but the management is lacking in the CS department. If you check them on the BBB they have a Red "F" rating but if you look at the overall picture most have ordered and received what they ordered at a good price. Of coarse it is always the problems you hear about! I had a sour taste in my mouth with this company after my second order. Ordered $150 worth of parts and received a $9.00 set of blades in a box, no packing slip, invoice or e-mail. On line info said all items processed. Multiple e-mails unanswered and attempts to call the phone number listed returned hours on hold and a cell phone bill! Tried the forum and "No reply"? So I had no choice but to put in a PayPal dispute (this after over 2 weeks of trying to get an answer). Well within an hour I get a phone call from an irate oriental man who cursed at me and threatened myself and my family. I calmly defused the situation by offering to pay for the item I received and then some to cover P & H, after he put through a refund. He insisted I pay first and after 2 calls from another employee and numerous e-mail messages they agreed and everything went just as I had recommended. I had also suggested that a e-mail message about back-orders or a packing slip with the information would have gone a long way in avoiding this issue in the first place. Their answer was to blacklist me and charge my paypal again for an order and never ship or contact me on it. Oh well, I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. I still think this is just a case of poor management, they are not attempting any malice, it is just a procedural thing. They can hire me and I will restructure their system to solve 95% of these issues and save them a lot of time and money in putting out the fires!
+1
Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are cheats... They also have stolen my $ now I am having to go through the whole Paypal claim thing

Worst customer service I have ever encountered
Doctor64776 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

CS is bad... yes, that is true, but their products are fine,
Old 05-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Raiden Charlie to the rescue!!!!!!!

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Raiden Charlie (solver of all HobbyPartz problems) only shows up on the scene when a customer has gone ballistic, thermo-nuclear and VERY PUBLIC? Seems to me that it would be a lot easier if Raiden Charlie just sprinkled his magic "fix-it" dust internally on a regular basis. There would be a lot less unhappy people. People don't want Raiden Charlie doing his "super hero" act. What they want is professional customer service, every time.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Visiting their web site can certainly temp one to buy. But there's something about it that doesn't pass the sniff test. Why are so many items shown as out of stock, and stay that way for months and years? Why are some items very inexpensive and others are ridiculously overpriced? Why don't they accept paypal? Why are there several companies with different names but with the same address and phone number?

I keep finding and reading stories like this one. Glad I've always resisted the urge to buy. I'd rather pay more elsewhere and get genuine products and genuine customer service.

I have one heli (bought used) that XHeli carries exclusively, and I even look elsewhere for parts for that one, rather than get them from XHeli. Any parts that I can't get individually are replaced with a "clone" assembly from another brand.
Futaba 7C Fasst controls everything.
Send Money is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #15 (permalink)

Default agree

I had issues with a repair on a new item.needed a part and it was easier to buy it outright than to call and wait for three days.
but I left a post on hear and got reimbursed for the part I bought with replacement parts.
I am satisfied and will still buy from them but I go into it know what can happen if I need to speak with someone ....because they have no customer service.if they did I would buy from them all the time.
I am old fashioned and like to talk to someone before and during the time I place an order.
my 2 cents.
hope you get it resolved.
landriverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo330 View Post
Well within an hour I get a phone call from an irate oriental man who cursed at me and threatened myself and my family

Their answer was to blacklist me and charge my paypal again for an order and never ship or contact me on it.

hey are not attempting any malice, it is just a procedural thing. :

They are not attempting malice? Really are you that blind. Sheesh. This is why companies like this are still in business.
Bubbasanjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Send Money View Post
Why are so many items shown as out of stock, and stay that way for months and years? Why are some items very inexpensive and others are ridiculously overpriced? Why don't they accept paypal? Why are there several companies with different names but with the same address and phone number?
Item out of stock, for people whom want visiting again/back to there site, why not change? Well only reason is when people do searching some of that might pop up. Same thing as low $$. People more likely visit back again for something low. Everything they did more likely to web trafficing searching method. Why not paypal? Fees, I kinda feels unsafe. Like they want identity and your cash only. Chat/call support man this bs, took them more then 2 hours to reach. Sure is scam site but sure in smart way.
To me web like that on my black list.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing that has always made me avoid these "bargain" or "low price" sites is their shipping. Even Hobbyking is bad for it, they have great prices on their parts, but for what they charge for shipping you'd think that they are going to charter a private jet and hand deliver your parts. If you add in the aggrevation and shipping prices, most of the time your better off driving to a LHS, even though the closest one to me is almost 3 hours away.

I usually try to do most of my purchases with other HeliFreakers' in the classified sections.

Just my 2 cents
jdfelosi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in