Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default A decent IPad / IPhone Heli Sim!

Like most of us, I definitely benefit from sim time, but its not always easy to get in front of my computer with the Pheonix Flight Sim dongle. I have dowloaded a "sim" game here and there from iTunes, but they were always cartoony, poor quality sims. Yesterday I tried looking again and tripped across this gem: Absolute RC Heli Sim (an actually, it does planks too).

It reminds me in appearance of the Clearview sim. And like Clearview its pretty straightforward and simple. Its not a full on setting monster like Realflight or Phoenix. Its addicitive... its good enough to allow me to work on orientation, reflex control, etc, and you 3D folks might be able to throw some moves in high rates mode. It didn't have much "learn the sim time". I am getting my hands on some iPad joyticks to see how that works, but I was pretty fine with the touchpad contorls.

I couldn't figure out how to get screenshots to this post from my iPad, but here is my review on my blog with screenshots.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

(Moderators, would you mind not moving this to some sim bin for a while? I think it would have broad interest. Thanks!)

Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default A good portable sim

Hi!

I actually have this one too and downloaded the t500. I personally liked it for the fact that i'm relatively a beginner. Hour per hour, i'd say i spend more time with this than my phoenix sim coz when i'm home i'd rather spend time with family and/ or tinker with my helis/ cars. So when i'm on the road and there's downtime i usually play with this. I actually bought a portable charger for my ipad and iphone coz i always run of juice playing this. Har har.

Anyway, have u or anyone tried those small joysticks that u can stick unto the surface of the ipad?

For the price vs quality and of course it's portability this app fits my bill.
Sakuji is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is made by the folks who make ClearView, so yup it is similar. In my opinion, basically an advertisement to get you to come to ClearView. The Android app is cute, well-done, does a decent heli and plane simulation, and it's fun, but from what I've seen, you're not really going to pick up a lot of skills that will transfer to flying real RC aircraft, other than maybe some of the basics of hovering and slow flight, which is useful. Still cool though! ...and you can get your "heli-fix" any time of day or night,

Anyway that's my opinion!

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Several fallacies in that, Rojack.

There is no mention of Clearview in the app. There are no ads, no links to Clearview. Not sure how you might think its designed to make you buy Clearview.

I think the neuro-motor skills learned here are applicable to real world flying. Reflexes, orientation, control combinations, all of the effects are applicable. Is it exactly like real flying? No. Is it as good as Phoenix or Ralflight? No. Its not trying to be. What it is is an effective and useful sim app with real input mechanics and simple but effective flight characteristics. I find the time I spend flying it has improved my skills, its been fun, and I find I can while away flight time while sorta watching TV, sitting in my office waiting for things to happen, etc.

I couldn't disagree with you more.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretorian435 View Post
Several fallacies in that, Rojack.

There is no mention of Clearview in the app. There are no ads, no links to Clearview. Not sure how you might think its designed to make you buy Clearview.

I think the neuro-motor skills learned here are applicable to real world flying. Reflexes, orientation, control combinations, all of the effects are applicable. Is it exactly like real flying? No. Is it as good as Phoenix or Ralflight? No. Its not trying to be. What it is is an effective and useful sim app with real input mechanics and simple but effective flight characteristics. I find the time I spend flying it has improved my skills, its been fun, and I find I can while away flight time while sorta watching TV, sitting in my office waiting for things to happen, etc.

I couldn't disagree with you more.
Oh please....
http://www.amazon.com/SVK-Absolute-R.../dp/B00571BEMK
"Please try our full featured professional RC flight simulator ClearView for PC here"

...and by the way I agree with mostly everything you said. It's in my post. For me it's just more of a cute toy, though, than all that useful. The response lag is the biggest issue for me, second is the controlling motion doesn't map so well for me for my fingers to learn, so to speak. Perhaps also my smartphone is not as fast as whatever you're running it on, but again, it's cute and gives you the sense of RC flight. No crime there.

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmmm... where was that link? Its not in the app.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: A decent IPad / IPhone Heli Sim!

Just noticed this after my separate post about the android version. The ad only comes up on the Android version if you exit the app using the back button. Not sure on the Apple version. Why buy an iPad when I can buy a new 450 heli and an Android tablet and still have change.
stokbr5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LOL! I know, right?

Don't know why I care... its silly really. But, its still a good, fun app!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

No on the joysticks? Does it work?
Flyingskwerrl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They are at my house and I am out of state, but as soon as I get my hands on them I will let you know!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would be awesome to find out how well they work. I have been a big fan of this app for my iPhone for a long time now.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sooo.... What happened?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the suggestion!!!!!

I love it!!! It's my only simulator because I don't have a computer that will support a sim and funds are tight as hell around here

Bought the five dollar version and have learned a great deal on it already

When I first got it I couldn't hardly fly the trex 450 on high rates setting, and now I'm hovering around inverted and doing tick tocks.

It's been very beneficial for me
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Greets to all,

One thing to note with this sim is that if you're a pincher, you will be learning how to thumb as it doesn't support more than 2 thumbs/ digits on the controls...apart from that it's great, especially if you're on holiday, haven't packed any heli's and are desperate to stay in touch with flying

Cheers
supermofo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in