Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Frenzy going left when pushing forward cyclic

Not really sure what's going on, I have it set up on my Futaba T7CHP for HR3, servos act correctly, front two drop while aft one raises, this is the same for all cyclic controls. I was thinking something on the rotor head was installed incorrectly so I took a look at everything. Looks okay to me? Should the flybar be going negative pitch at about the 9 o'clock position?

I must be missing something, anybody else ran into this?
chaveezy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about when you raise and lower the pitch. Is everything moving the right way.
Mine does not do this, and I am using a Futaba 10C set at HR3 as well.
You don't have any P-mixes turned on do you??
Old 01-31-2011, 08:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The servos are working in the correct direction and there are no P-Mix's on, all are INH.

I reset all the settings and tried to set up everything differently, using the SWASH menu instead of reversing some of the servos so right now all I have reversed is SERVO 1 and 4. It's all working the same but maybe it will have an effect?

I'm going to try and spin it up today after work and see what happens. Are you 120 or 140 CCPM?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What servos are you using (missmatch) and are all your travel adjusts @ 100%? How does it act in a steady verticle climb/desend?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problem tracking

Hello,

Can you check what happens, if you:

- give some collective input only (swash up/down) .. remember, most swashes moves upwards to have an increase in collective pitch ..

- play around with cyclic pitch only (e.g. clockwise): make some elevator forward input, some aileron right input, elevator backwards input, aileron left input .. what happens for each input ?

Many people connect the 2 aileron servos the wrong way .. and sometimes even the elevator servo is not connected well on the Rx ?

Start with the left aileron servo (direction rotor to nose) and connect it to the right place (e.g. Futaba at no.1 .. Spektrum at no.2) .. connect the elevator servo to the right place on the Rx (e.g. Futaba at no.2 .. Spektrum at no.3) .. connect the right aileron servo to the right place on the Rx (e.g. Futaba at no. 6 .. Spektrum at no. 7 (?) ..

Program the correct servo sense of the 3 swash-servos using the 2 menues "Servo reverse" and "Swash-Mix". If the 3 swash servos were connected correctly, mark the servo-cables for later easier identification. For this purpose I use many small zip-ties and one off being larger. E.g. for Futaba my identification code on the servo-cable end (the side connected to the Rx) is:

- one small zip-tie = channel 1 = aileron left servo (romain numbering "I")
- two small zip-ties= channel 2 = elevator servo (romain numbering "I I")
- three small zip-ties= channel 3 = throttle servo (romain numbering "I I I" )
- one large and one small zip tie side by side = channel 6 = aileron right servo (romain numbering "V I")

I do not label the channel 5 and 4 servo, as on Futaba the channel 5 is the gyro-sensitivity and as this cable only has a signal line, pretty easy to identify. So the only servo-cable being left and having no zip-tie coding, must be channel 4 (on Futaba this is the rudder servo). I do not code the servo cable for channel 4 neither, as the romain numbering system for "V I" and "I V" as zip-ties can be confusing..

Please note, you need to follow every cable from its servo to the end connected to the Rx - pretty easy to get lost but worth being done very precisely.

Best Regards,
Oliver

P.S: I do not assume so far, that you messed it up with the mechanical connection on the main-head. Anyway makes sense to check if all mechanical parts are exactly as in the manual?
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I started from a clean board, inhibited all other controls such as any throttle hold or pitch curve scenarios for anything other than (N), also before I reversed any servos I checked them all as Finless Bob says and used the swashplate menu to adjust as much as possible before reversing anything.

Spun it up to 100% today and everything works as advertised. I really need to put some expo in though because man this cyclic is quick! I'm currently using some Nexus DSG613MG on the swashplate and 9254 on the tail. I'm also just using a 3151 on the throttle (maybe I should upgrade this one)

Anyways, everything looks to be good now, thanks for the respones!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in