Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like your using the Kontronic BEC for your servos?? What is the max amperage on the BEC? I think it is five amps, NOT enough with the 8717's. I am using Castle BEC Pro, It is voltage adjustable, and has TWO leads to bring to the receiver. I use this setup on two VBar Machines and never had a problem. I use a 3s 2200 Mah lipo battery with the Castel BEC Pro. Love that setup!
Dogdocphil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2010, 02:26 AM   #42 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think you're right - I run two leads from the KT BEC which is rated at 5A but I guess is lacking when the disc is loaded up in FFF or hard 3D - I want to look into this a bit more so will do some FDR first with the existing system and get a feel for normal servo current draw - on a nitro FB 90 this is ~2.3A but I guess FBL and with JR this is gonna be more - I think I'm gonna give the Fromeco Kiwi a go !
Old 06-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Look at the stats on this bad boy!

http://www.readyheli.com/CSECCBECPRO...C_p_32395.html
Old 07-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I fly MKS 767HV cyclics and BLS980 on unregulated LiFe 6.6 V bypassing my JIVE 80+HV. Works great and very simple.

/Henrik
MSH Protos "Monsterheli", HDX-450
hookmaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2010, 03:50 AM   #45 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookmaker View Post
I fly MKS 767HV cyclics and BLS980 on unregulated LiFe 6.6 V bypassing my JIVE 80+HV. Works great and very simple.

/Henrik
Nice simple setup Henrik - elegant - only problem is that A123 can't deliver the same current as a lipo or LiIon and I have heard a few reports of brown out with that system under high load especially with JR servos as they are current hungry - not sure about the MKS - I am using the 980 on my Joker and it seems great - Kasama uses the Jive BEC with NiCd 4 pack in parallel
Old 07-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mercuriell, I see your using the KT 120+HV which is what I'm using too but do you know how to change the headspeed in gov mode.

I have it set in that and set it in APM as standard so would this mean if I have my throttle curve in normal mode set from 0 - 80% would this be recognised as 100% in the APM mode?

When changing the throttle curve in idle up it does not seem to change headspeed?

Cant understand the manual correctly and I'm not the cleverest when it comes to bits like this so any help (if that lot makes sense) would help me a lot

Cheers
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #47 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_00 View Post
Mercuriell, I see your using the KT 120+HV which is what I'm using too but do you know how to change the headspeed in gov mode.

I have it set in that and set it in APM as standard so would this mean if I have my throttle curve in normal mode set from 0 - 80% would this be recognised as 100% in the APM mode?

When changing the throttle curve in idle up it does not seem to change headspeed?

Cant understand the manual correctly and I'm not the cleverest when it comes to bits like this so any help (if that lot makes sense) would help me a lot

Cheers
APM Mode 1 is not recommended for helis as it isn't governed - all you need to do with the JIve is start off in Mode 1 which resets everything - then set in Mode 11 (assuming you have Series 7 firmware which you should in a 120) then just check for direction of rotation and if incorrect just swap two motor connector and you're set !

Program your throttle curves straight line in normal and flat in idle 1 - 2 - around 80% flat is the sweet spot for the Jive but anywhere 60-90% is acceptable.

The Jive spool up is very soft so it is also possible to have your normal curve 0-60-60-60-60 if you want to avoid trying inverted flight while chopping the power
Old 07-06-2010, 05:08 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got mixed up, I have it set in mode 4, but cant see any difference between 4 and 11.

But will set for mode 11 and see what that does

Thanks for that, will do it ready for the weekend
Old 09-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sweet !

This will be my next build,the quality is outstanding.

I don't usually watch 3d flying but ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlp1Qu9o2uU&feature=related[/ame]

is brilliant, that sound !! OMG !!

Thanks for the heads-up on this heli.

Regards . Dave.
Littlewing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OMG! I have to tell you..... There is nothing better than flying BIG! That is so freakin impressive to watch vs stick banging. Why dont more people fly big?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #51 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Was he trying to skid to a stop in the circle at the end of the auto or did it just work out that way?
gothicbunny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #52 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicbunny View Post
Was he trying to skid to a stop in the circle at the end of the auto or did it just work out that way?
I guess he just got lucky
Old 09-16-2010, 03:26 AM   #53 (permalink)
wot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdocphil View Post
OMG! I have to tell you..... There is nothing better than flying BIG! That is so freakin impressive to watch vs stick banging. Why dont more people fly big?
Would love to fly big BUT in my case it is just too expensive!
wot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 04:42 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

its great helicopter....
dolcevita is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone ended up with a damaged 6S lipo on this Srimok FAIFA? That's the only thing holding me back on this model: the nose-mounted lipos configuration is just asking for major lipo damage in the event of a crash...
Lorbeer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #56 (permalink)
HF Support

The lipo is no more vulnerable on the Faifa than many other helis, if you smash it hard enough to damage that you're going to have a lot more to worry about than the lipo!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're making sense there Mercuriell ;-) Many thanks!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lorbeer, I can tell you that a pilot here crashed his FAIFA 2 weeks ago. He drove it nose-in into the ground. Both frames broke (+ some other stuff of course) but both batteries suffered not a scratch.

/Henrik
MSH Protos "Monsterheli", HDX-450
hookmaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

And I have in turn heard of in-tray battery mounting helis damaging lipos in a crash. So yea, you guys have a point, the lipo can be the least of my concerns in a crash. Been dreaming of a Srimok 90N since I was newbie, now that I gave up nitros, I'm setting my eyes on the FAIFA. So uh, just an honest question for all you Srimok guys, does it fly that much different from the usual field of 90E's?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #60 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorbeer View Post
So uh, just an honest question for all you Srimok guys, does it fly that much different from the usual field of 90E's?
Well I've only flown the TDR, Minicopter Joker and Diabolo but I have to say YES. In common with all the Srimok frames they are very efficient and make very good use of power - the FAifa is very agile (lipo CG up high) on cyclic and is also very fast using reasonable motors and packs - I have a beat up old Pyro-30-32 on mine and use old packs and it still flies phenomenally ! It won't strip main gears though you do have to setup the crown gear carefully and re-adjust after a few flights - then you're set to have dozens (hundreds?) of flights without maintenace other than the occasional oil.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in