Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130x board in a 300x?

Has anyone done this, and if so, how did it turn out?

I know the Bx is by far the better gyro, but I have 2 extra 130x boards laying around and an entire 300x minus the BX hanging out right next to those lonely boards…

I know the it would at the minimum need a separate esc and would have to convert the servo plugs… (actually, now that I think about it, I don't think the 130x board has enough juice to power the 300x servos…hmmm…)

Thoughts?

edit: I already have a great flying 300x with Wicked motor/Yep45/upgraded servos. I'm planning on making a scale bird out of the 2nd 300x (stock), so I won't be doing any 'crazy' flying with it…just mellow sport flying.

Last edited by mixfisto; 02-14-2014 at 10:58 AM..
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

Yeah, I doubt anyone has ever thought that would be a good idea.

Give it a try and you'll be a pioneer.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think anyone has done it for several reasons. One major one is the beastx is a lot better gyro than the AS3X.

But it would be fun to see one done though. It might take some work to convert the 3.8v or whatever BEC output from the 130x up to at least 5.1v.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

5V has been done:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=492313

There is a good chance you would have proper servo throws or gyro gains, as these are minimally programmable on the 130x board.

Would be a fun and wacky project though.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Closed Account

The problem will be the servo load. The 130 mico servos pull less current then the mini servos on the 300x.

It would possibly work for a short period of time then burn out. Would be easier to buy a Chinese clone of the BX.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sort of reminds me of the fool who asked how to set up the 300x so it flew like his 130x. He took a lot of heat for asking that.

Power wiring could be dealt with. But let's see - you'd lose piro compensation, servo centering, servo end point adjustments, ability to select servo frequency (3-in-1 outputs ONLY 450 Hz), control over servo reversal, and ???.

Still, might be fun but it seems hard to think you'd like the result or would be able to trust it much.
Other: Atmel AVR microcontrollers, electronics, 3D printing
helibus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The link I posted describes bypassing the BEC on the 3n1. Stock 3n1 current rating is a non issue in that case.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Code3, that was a great thread! It looks like it might be possible without too much headache and cost (infamous last words in the heli world).
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfisto View Post
Thanks Code3, that was a great thread! It looks like it might be possible without too much headache and cost (infamous last words in the heli world).
DCH's 130x mod tacked onto a pad with the 3-in-1 BEC output transistor removed. Would you actually remove the transistor in order to do this? It's not an easy task. Since you're already having to hack up servo wires to fit the 3-in-1, I'd just pick up servo signal from the 3-in-1 and power & ground from a separate 5V BEC.

There's more to worry about. The 3-in-1 is a 2S board. You'll need to tap into the 3S balance plug for 2S or use another BEC set to 8V or so to feed the 2S voltage to the 3-in-1, much like people do on the 130x when they convert them over to 3S. EDIT: Good info on this here - https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=598278
Other: Atmel AVR microcontrollers, electronics, 3D printing
helibus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helibus View Post
DCH's 130x mod tacked onto a pad with the 3-in-1 BEC output transistor removed. Would you actually remove the transistor in order to do this? It's not an easy task. Since you're already having to hack up servo wires to fit the 3-in-1, I'd just pick up servo signal from the 3-in-1 and power & ground from a separate 5V BEC.
that's what I was thinking too
Old 02-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
HF Support

It sounds like by the time you collect up all the stuff to pull this off you might as well have just bought a Robird.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm looking at getting the "vbarish" over on rcgroup there's a huge thread and you can get them for a good price or the hb800 for $40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Savy92; 02-15-2014 at 02:17 PM..
Savy92 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savy92 View Post
I'm looking at getting the kbar/fubar vbar clone over on rcgroup there's a huge thread and you can get them for $60 or the hb800 for $40
Uh oh......fair warning when you're talking about clones....the wolves are hungry.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Better?
Smilys should work on tapatalk!!

Old 02-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savy92 View Post
Better?
Smilys should work on tapatalk!!

Lol Be careful, the Gestapo will report you and try to get you executed lol
Old 02-19-2014, 12:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

First off, I don't have enough time on here to undertsand the whole "clone" problem especially when you have large companies like HobbyKing and Hobbymate selling them internationally.

Anyway my "clone" questions is do yo need a satellite to use them or are they all in one? Basically refering to the Turnigy 3D-H V2 or the Hobbymaye HB800
Metroart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helibus View Post
Sort of reminds me of the fool who asked how to set up the 300x so it flew like his 130x. He took a lot of heat for asking that.

I can't think of a worse project analogy. Oh wait, maybe I can. I still have a 300-size brushed motor that came with my Great Planes profile 3D plane kit. How about fitting the brushed motor in the 300X and ask Steffen to write a special BLHeli version to flash my AE45A ESC to drive the brushed motor?

Quote:
Power wiring could be dealt with. But let's see - you'd lose piro compensation, servo centering, servo end point adjustments, ability to select servo frequency (3-in-1 outputs ONLY 450 Hz), control over servo reversal, and ???.
And the crappy drifty 130x boards that Blade finally admitted you could subtrim them.

Oh, and I think the 130X Rx is not a full range. I started to get consistent frame losses with my 130X about 100-150ft high. With a bigger motor for the 300X and greater interference, good luck maintaining reliable connection that far.

Quote:
Still, might be fun but it seems hard to think you'd like the result or would be able to trust it much.
I wonder which is more trustworthy? 130X board or brushed motor in a 300X?
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroart View Post
do yo need a satellite to use them or are they all in one? Basically refering to the Turnigy 3D-H V2 or the Hobbymaye HB800
they are clones of Beastx v3 so yes, they will need a receiver or an satellite adapter to use the satellite with it. If you don't want to shell out $25 for Spektrum Sat adapter then a $2.43 item from Tarot works just as good
Old 02-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lemon rx have also been growing in popularity.
The tgz380 I believe is the only bx clone that's now able to use a sat. Vbars are all sat ready

Old 02-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroart View Post
First off, I don't have enough time on here to undertsand the whole "clone" problem especially when you have large companies like HobbyKing and Hobbymate selling them internationally.
The "clone problem" is that they are stealing the intellectual properly of others and selling them for their own profit. They are cheap and they work fine a lot of the time, (well at least some of the time) but the people that did the work to make the product aren't being paid, only the thieves. In an extreme case this could lead to a reduction in innovation as the companies that lead the way aren't making as much profit.

Since most of this is happening in China and the US doesn't have the balls to prevent China from outright theft, there's very little that's going to be done about it. Buy they cheap stuff and enjoy. I'll keep buying the expensive stuff and complaining about the price.

-Mike-
mallstott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in