Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 05:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 480 Boom Clamp & Vibrations during 3D Flight

Hi guys just wanna know if the way i secure the boom onto the boom clamp is the right way..i just line the boom towards the inner clamp and secure it and just tension the belt from the tail.

Is this the correct way or should i place the boom more towards the pulley?

so far the heli flies great and i have no issues with it. Did about 6 flights today here in Japan and i am very impressed with this heli. It autos very well.

The only thing is that event logs shows all is well during auto-trim flight, normal sport and big air stuffs but when i do 3d flight , Raised, High and Extreme vibrations are on the logs but heli still flies good. Should i be concerned with it?

Many thanks for reading and hoping to hear some opinions. Here are some pics from today flying session.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	480Xxtreme Awaji 3.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	493825   Click image for larger version

Name:	480Xxtreme Awaji 2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	493826   Click image for larger version

Name:	480Xxtreme Awaji 5.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	493827   Click image for larger version

Name:	480Xxtreme With Taro.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	493828  
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awww, a kitty! My parents cat used to watch me fly all the time when I stayed there. She would sit on a big rock way back behind me and watch the heli, and sit on the front porch and watch me fly my foamy planes in the yard.

Anyway, if the 480 is anything like the 500/600/600se, etc... it sounds like you're doing the boom correctly. Slide it all the way into the frame, clamp it tight, then slide your tail box back and forth to set belt tension. You may need to tighten the tension if its cold outside. If you set the tension indoors where its warm and then go outside the boom will shrink and cause the belt to go slack. I don't know if its cold where you are, just throwing that out there.

I'm not sure about the vibes during 3d, unless its a slack belt from the cold or something, and sport flying doesn't stress it enough to make vibes....

Best of luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahathyr View Post

The only thing is that event logs shows all is well during auto-trim flight, normal sport and big air stuffs but when i do 3d flight , Raised, High and Extreme vibrations are on the logs but heli still flies good. Should i be concerned with it?
Vibrations are normal with 3d flight from caused by large cyclic inputs. As the rotor spins large cyclic inputs come in and out, and if you look closely you can see the machines shake from it.

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

How often are these messages appearing? Can you post up your vbar log please. Raised and extreme vibration events can be concerning if they occur a lot, typically even on my Trex 550 I only see 1 or 2 extreme vibration events per flight.

Varelco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some helis do that and some don't.

My similarly sized Protos 500 is very hard to get vibrations on even when I bang it around hard.

However some of my other helis which are very smooth at hover can throw some vibs when they are banged around.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Many thanks for your replies..like i said so far no issues and i can't stressed enough how fun this heli is..anyway i have attached the Logs Varelco..manage to have the last full flight on 1 set of the logs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 480Xxtreme 20140312 Logs.pdf (32.4 KB, 64 views)
Old 03-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The fact that "good health" message occur off and on through out the flight, would indicate the vibrations recorded are the result of flight dynamics, and not a mechanical issue.

As a guide, remove the main and tail blades (I think this should always be standard procedure on any heli pre-maiden flight). Run it on the bench while monitoring the vibration analyzer real time, to confirm that there are no mechanical built-in vibrations.

Add the tail blades (have a helper hold the tail), and run it again, to confirm the tail blades don't contribute too much additional vibs.

Make sure your main blades are well balanced (many aren't from the factories...no matter what they try and tell you), and once you've got all that done, go fly.

Do an extended hover at the beginning of a flight (so it is obvious to see in the file), and if you're getting good health messages during the hovering...then go for it, and don't worry about the vibrations recorded from flying 3D. They will be there, but you know it's not from a mechanical issue or blades out-of-balance.

As a reference, because Kyle's flights are pretty much one long continuous 3D maneuver, his logs are a constant record of high and extreme vibrations. But his helis otherwise run smooth.

Hope this helps,

Edit: Oh, and I can't help myself from saying that it's so nice to do the bench vibration check and set-up of the machine etc. using just the transmitter and the heli. No laptop, hand controller, bluetooth, USB cable...just turn on the heli and look at the transmitter (V-Control).

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
The fact that "good health" message occur off and on through out the flight, would indicate the vibrations recorded are the result of flight dynamics, and not a mechanical issue.

As a guide, remove the main and tail blades (I think this should always be standard procedure on any heli pre-maiden flight). Run it on the bench while monitoring the vibration analyzer real time, to confirm that there are no mechanical built-in vibrations.

Add the tail blades (have a helper hold the tail), and run it again, to confirm the tail blades don't contribute too much additional vibs.

Make sure your main blades are well balanced (many aren't from the factories...no matter what they try and tell you), and once you've got all that done, go fly.

Do an extended hover at the beginning of a flight (so it is obvious to see in the file), and if you're getting good health messages during the hovering...then go for it, and don't worry about the vibrations recorded from flying 3D. They will be there, but you know it's not from a mechanical issue or blades out-of-balance.

As a reference, because Kyle's flights are pretty much one long continuous 3D maneuver, his logs are a constant record of high and extreme vibrations. But his helis otherwise run smooth.

Hope this helps,

Edit: Oh, and I can't help myself from saying that it's so nice to do the bench vibration check and set-up of the machine etc. using just the transmitter and the heli. No laptop, hand controller, bluetooth, USB cable...just turn on the heli and look at the transmitter (V-Control).

Thanks Mr Dahl, I have not done a bench test doing the analyzer but i have done a couple of of 4mins of just Hovering and auto trim..did one 4min flight of sports flying and check the logs that there are no vibes of any sort. Im just gonna go ahead and not worry myself too much now...cheers.

PS: The Vbar control do look interesting but would like to know if mechanically we can adjust the Collective stick travel on the TX and do a calibration? For example when i bought the JRDSX11, i did not like of how much travel was the collective stick so i bought the the Stick Stops and install it internally and did a recalibration.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Q: "...would like to know if mechanically we can adjust the Collective stick travel on the TX..."

A: Yes, the collective stick is equipped with an optional throw limiter.

dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
Q: "...would like to know if mechanically we can adjust the Collective stick travel on the TX..."

A: Yes, the collective stick is equipped with an optional throw limiter.

Many thanks for the info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in