Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

so now i am more confused, is this a chaos or a piro flip?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t76IFA6KzYk[/ame]

You have to excuse me, I still don't know how to nose in hover.

I'm trying to learn how to do a crack chaos. But I need to know is this a normal chaos?

Damn I forgot to add my stick movements. I'm sorry Raza.
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
ohh man everyone has different meanings to it. there is no standard. Chaos is Chaos.

Piro Globe = Pirouetting Globe.. (doing a piro around a big circle) The heli is moving from it's original position.

Chaos is like a piro flip where the heli does not move from it's location, but it can. It's like a piro flip.

Piro globe you have to move the heli from it location, in order to give the around the world piro effect.

I have no idea.. Now I am even more confused
He was giving examples of maneuvars that are parallel to what a piroflips and chaos's are, but keeping them stationary instead. a piroflip is "like" a piro loop (without the loop part) and a chaos is like a piro globe (without the looping).

Quote:
so now i am more confused, is this a chaos or a piro flip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t76IFA6KzYk

You have to excuse me, I still don't know how to nose in hover.

I'm trying to learn how to do a crack chaos. But I need to know is this a normal chaos?

Damn I forgot to add my stick movements. I'm sorry Raza.
It wasn't too bad. More piro flip'ish i would say, with the disc tumbling left to right.
RĒzĒ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Superkool. I will work on my chaos! Thanks guys!! It's been a pleasure.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Raza, One last thing. I'm trying to follow this pilot's(sharon) ways in flying. Is he doing the chaos correctly here? I just want to make sure I am learning the correct way.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsIIVYRXS7U[/ame]

I just don't understand why my chaos is a piro flip, when I've been doing similar stirring.

edit: I think I got it. It's not the stirring, it's moving the rotation of the blades with my throttle. Am I going the right way Raza?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #25 (permalink)

none of that is even close to a chaos. its basically a sloppy piro flip.

if i were you i wouldn't be too concerned about it right now. if you can muddle out a piro flip that's great for now. however know that it takes years to truly learn how to control even a basic piro flip. Also, there are a lot of basic skills that should be mastered first. if you insist practicing on the sim that's great, but if you took any of this out to the field you'll be buying parts.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dude.... why did you remove the videos?
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The difference between a pirouetting flip and the chaos was that with a chaos, the axis of the flip changes throughout the maneuver. With a correct pirouetting flip, it doesn’t
Old 12-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RĒzĒ View Post
none of that is even close to a chaos. its basically a sloppy piro flip.

if i were you i wouldn't be too concerned about it right now. if you can muddle out a piro flip that's great for now. however know that it takes years to truly learn how to control even a basic piro flip. Also, there are a lot of basic skills that should be mastered first. if you insist practicing on the sim that's great, but if you took any of this out to the field you'll be buying parts.
yeap. your not wrong there. :o
Old 12-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicovaludemero View Post
Dude.... why did you remove the videos?

sorry, i didn't realise there are other people interested. What I was doing is nothin but a lousy piro flip, it's not a TRUE chaos. I'll put it back on for entertainment, don't bother trying the piro flip, do the basics first, as raza has said What I thought was a chaos, was nothing but a sloppy piro flips on a 250. Remember it's 10x harder to perform tricks on a 250!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX-dLM3MEg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JIkWYL6z_I[/ame]

Last edited by pitchp; 12-03-2010 at 06:42 PM..
pitchp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
The difference between a pirouetting flip and the chaos was that with a chaos, the axis of the flip changes throughout the maneuver. With a correct pirouetting flip, it doesn’t
bud If you know of a video with sticks movements of a TRUE chaos, I would love to see it, and I'll give you a demo on a 250 in less than 1 day. But the video will have to pass Raza's standards. He's harder than an F3C judge. Right now I can't find any videos with stick movements of a TRUE chaos. :o
Old 12-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
If you know of a video with sticks movements of a TRUE chaos, I would love to see it, and I'll give you a demo on a 250 in less than 1 day. Right now I can't find any videos with stick movements of a TRUE chaos. :o
Didn't mean to offend. Was talking about the Sharon video you were asking about anyways...

You probably won't find a video of a "true" chaos especially with stick movements. Why? Mainly because it's a maneuver that is incredibly hard to do that is barely worth learning because only a handful of people would even recognize a true chaos for what it is. Otherwise it just looks like a badly performed piroflip. A well performed chaos would actually be less crowd pleasing than a good piroflip so nobody bothers with putting in the effort to do them.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RĒzĒ View Post
Didn't mean to offend. Was talking about the Sharon video you were asking about anyways...

You probably won't find a video of a "true" chaos especially with stick movements. Why? Mainly because it's a maneuver that is incredibly hard to do that is barely worth learning because only a handful of people would even recognize a true chaos for what it is. Otherwise it just looks like a badly performed piroflip. A well performed chaos would actually be less crowd pleasing than a good piroflip so nobody bothers with putting in the effort to do them.

Raza my brother, I'm not offended, I want to learn the Correct way in performing these tricks. For me chaos is not to please the crowd, it's one of those 10 tricks to try before you die. But to tell you the truth raza, i'm stuck at nose in hover.So I'm running away from it doing other tricks instead. I'm almost there with my 4 point tic tocs, but for the life of me, I can't get this damn nose in hover under my belt. ANYTHING is easier, than this nose in hover.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

curtis youngblood i believed invented the chaos. he used to be able to do them but recently said he would have to practice alot to be able to do them properly again
Old 12-04-2010, 02:34 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
curtis youngblood i believed invented the chaos. he used to be able to do them but recently said he would have to practice alot to be able to do them properly again
Yeah definately not easy to do in the sim, and like raza says not many people would even recognise it, they would just see it as an out of control piro flip. The algorithm of it, not many people really knows including myself. But it goes somewhere along the line, where the disc does a front flip, then a roll, then a back flip, then a roll(laymans terms). But don't quote me on that. It is all in the flipping rotation of the disc though. It would be nice if curtis, could of have made a sim with stick movements of it.

Last edited by pitchp; 12-04-2010 at 04:01 AM..
pitchp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in