Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #361 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, found it in the new manual
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #362 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GT5 new manual

Hi, can you provide the link for the new manual? Thanks.
moveon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #363 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveon View Post
Hi, can you provide the link for the new manual? Thanks.
Here you go:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...323850&page=12

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #364 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GT5

OK, got the new manual. New manual included the 3 a-xis sensor calibration. It mentioned that these are factory calibrated and should not be changed. Since these settings are not supposed to change after factory calibration, these settings should be locked from user. I accidentally changed these settings while browsing the menu thinking that reset to factory default means everything goes to default setting. Anyway, the procedures described in the new manual is not clear too. Anyone understand these procedures? I need to set the 3 sensors calibration which I think is causing my GT5 failure. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #365 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea I did the same - whilst scrolling through the setup menu it interpreted one of my "swipes" as a "tap" and so entered one of the calibrations for an axis (not sure which one) and the remainder of my "swipe" resulted in changing the number

It will cause havok in your gyro as it will not know correctly what angle it has changed as it moves...

MY RECOMMENDATION - is that you browse the menu and write down the 3 values on a piece of paper NOW in case you also accidentally change them - as it's easy to do..

Also note that the value of 2 of them get interchanged when you change the gyro orientation option.. which obviously makes sense - just record what setting the orientaion is on when writing down the values otherwise you can get the 2 mixed up if you ever need restoring them..

----------------

ok - how i reset mine - you need to do each axis one at a time.

* connect a 5V batt pack and put the gyro flat on one axis (say the base to start)
* keep the gyro still - enter the setup menu and the "pitch" axis setting (x,y,or z depending on your orientation setting.
* you can test which it is by tilting the gyro and see if the angle value (smaller display in the bottom) changes as you tilt the gyro.
* Tap to enter the value - change it to whatever you thought it could have been (say 90) and exit one level ... the degree value will reset to ZERO
* now VERY CAREFULLT tilt the gyro on the level surface (you want to rotate it 90 degrees - no more no less so use the gyro case surfaces as stopping points) - keeping the case in contact with the level surface - seeing the case is all square, you will know you would have moved it 90 degrees when comming to rest flat on the adjacent surface.
* without moving it, look at what angle it reads - your aim is to get it to read 89 degress just as it lays flat..
* now, depending how much it went over or under 89 degs, you'll need to guess how much you need to change the original value of 90 by... if the reading went over 89 and started going negative - then lower the setting, if it read less than 89 degrees - increase the setting value
* repeat many times till you get 89 degrees when rotating 90 on a flat surface.
* you need to do this for all 3 axis..

Hope this makes sort of sense - what you are trying to achieve is to tell the gyro what scaling factor to use so the sensor knows the gyro has moved 90 degrees on each axis.

The reason you are aiming for 89 degrees is that the sensor starts going negative when it hits exactally 90 - so 89 is your aim.

As a reference, one of my axis scaled factor is as high as 115 and another 96..

Hope this helps..
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #366 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
yea I did the same - whilst scrolling through the setup menu it interpreted one of my "swipes" as a "tap" and so entered one of the calibrations for an axis (not sure which one) and the remainder of my "swipe" resulted in changing the number

It will cause havok in your gyro as it will not know correctly what angle it has changed as it moves...

MY RECOMMENDATION - is that you browse the menu and write down the 3 values on a piece of paper NOW in case you also accidentally change them - as it's easy to do..

Also note that the value of 2 of them get interchanged when you change the gyro orientation option.. which obviously makes sense - just record what setting the orientaion is on when writing down the values otherwise you can get the 2 mixed up if you ever need restoring them..

----------------

ok - how i reset mine - you need to do each axis one at a time.

* connect a 5V batt pack and put the gyro flat on one axis (say the base to start)
* keep the gyro still - enter the setup menu and the "pitch" axis setting (x,y,or z depending on your orientation setting.
* you can test which it is by tilting the gyro and see if the angle value (smaller display in the bottom) changes as you tilt the gyro.
* Tap to enter the value - change it to whatever you thought it could have been (say 90) and exit one level ... the degree value will reset to ZERO
* now VERY CAREFULLT tilt the gyro on the level surface (you want to rotate it 90 degrees - no more no less so use the gyro case surfaces as stopping points) - keeping the case in contact with the level surface - seeing the case is all square, you will know you would have moved it 90 degrees when comming to rest flat on the adjacent surface.
* without moving it, look at what angle it reads - your aim is to get it to read 89 degress just as it lays flat..
* now, depending how much it went over or under 89 degs, you'll need to guess how much you need to change the original value of 90 by... if the reading went over 89 and started going negative - then lower the setting, if it read less than 89 degrees - increase the setting value
* repeat many times till you get 89 degrees when rotating 90 on a flat surface.
* you need to do this for all 3 axis..

Hope this makes sort of sense - what you are trying to achieve is to tell the gyro what scaling factor to use so the sensor knows the gyro has moved 90 degrees on each axis.

The reason you are aiming for 89 degrees is that the sensor starts going negative when it hits exactally 90 - so 89 is your aim.

As a reference, one of my axis scaled factor is as high as 115 and another 96..

Hope this helps..
OK, thanks for your detailed information. I will do this tonight...... it looks pretty tedious....
Old 01-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #367 (permalink)
Registered Users

I must say that after I return the 3 axis to factory settings (which I hope), the flight was more under control. After 5mins of normal flying, I lost tail servo control again. I was prepared this time as I was really flying slow and low. I immediately land and check the tail servo which has no respond to stick movement. Looking at the GT5, I can see stick movement but the tail servo is not responding. I turn the tail servo manually by hand and it responded to stick movement after that. I am changing my tail servo (9254) to BLS980.....Thanks again for your information on how to calibrate the 3 axis..
Old 06-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #368 (permalink)
Registered Users

Time to give the GT5 a spin. Just wanted to bring this thread to the front again!!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #369 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a GT5 that came with my new Raptor G4. Does anyone have any suggested settings for this. I have been over and over the manual and am just getting more confused each time :-(
Cheers
shadespool is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a cheat sheet with default values for the G4 that should work like a charm! Read Gary Wrights setup guide as a a supplement to the manual (which leaves a ton to be desired) and you should be on your way!! The GT5 is nothing short of great and I got mine working better than my VBar mainly due to the ease of setup with the touch screen. I figured out just how reluctant I have been to hooking up the Heli to a computer just to make small adjustments now that I have the GT5!! A great sysytem, up there with the "Big Boys"!!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #371 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any idea where the cheat sheet is??

I have searched through the GT5 manual and the G4 manual.
Cheers
Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine was in the GT5 box with the manual!! But I bought mine seperate. What servos are you using?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought this heli as a combo...

Thunder Tiger Raptor 90 G4 Flybarless Kit
Thunder Tiger RL-100H Engine
Thunder Tiger Hi-Flow 3D Pipe
Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless System
Thunder Tiger Zero Alpha II Governor
4 x ACE DS1015 Servos (Cyclic/Throttle)
1 x ACE DS0606n Servo (Tail)

There were no separate manuals packed for the electronics.

I am using two Spektrum sats + JR DSX9 mk1 tx.

Thanks for the help
Old 07-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #374 (permalink)
Registered Users

PM sent!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately no PM received :-(
Old 07-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #376 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tried again!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:53 AM   #377 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got it !
Old 04-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #378 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thunder tiger gt5

Hi all.
I bought one of these units 4th feb, and up to now have had no luck getting it setup.
Everything seems to go well in setup mode, but when I exit setup mode, cyclic servos move, twitch move twitch.
Also, sometimes when I power the unit, I get a blank screen, or sometimes a screen full of fuzzy lines, have I bought a duff unit ?
kennyboypro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in