Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

What batteries do you have the best results with. I have 7 almost new stock batteries.

I did have a couple flights were I just got into a hover with a fresh pack and I lost all servo control and it start climbing on its own.

So an over amp will shut it down completely? And a weak battery will cause it to loose radio control but motor will continue to run?

These are issue that I never had before, so does the increas in power from the brushless system cause this more often?
David Canfield is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Canfield View Post
What batteries do you have the best results with. I have 7 almost new stock batteries.

I did have a couple flights were I just got into a hover with a fresh pack and I lost all servo control and it start climbing on its own.

So an over amp will shut it down completely? And a weak battery will cause it to loose radio control but motor will continue to run?

These are issue that I never had before, so does the increas in power from the brushless system cause this more often?
The stock batteries work great with the mild kit so there must be something wrong with the setup. Check your soldering and resolder all joints. If that doesn't fix it then there might be an internal short in the motor causing the voltage to drop to much.
Proud Polac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had a problem with my mild motor drawing tomuch so i sent it back to him to replace
stock batteries wouldnt last 2 minutes
super bad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe I missed it, but is the motor press fit, or is it secured with CA or something else?
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
Maybe I missed it, but is the motor press fit, or is it secured with CA or something else?
I've only press fit mine with no issues to date.

pas2knut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas2knut View Post
I've only press fit mine with no issues to date.
Thank You
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 02-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default motor plug

I have tested the motor sent back to me and what I found was the plug I installed had broke one wire and was not making connection all the time so fixed the wire and flew 3 stock battery's all good now.....make sure you check the solder joints even under the shrink rap....or maybe I shouldn't put the plug on the motor on the next ones I do and leave it up to the person installing the kit...

Thanks I hope this helps out Paul
pjacq is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacq View Post
I have tested the motor sent back to me and what I found was the plug I installed had broke one wire and was not making connection all the time so fixed the wire and flew 3 stock battery's all good now.....make sure you check the solder joints even under the shrink rap....or maybe I shouldn't put the plug on the motor on the next ones I do and leave it up to the person installing the kit...

Thanks I hope this helps out Paul
Yeap!

You're correct sir, I did as you said and indeed one connection was bad. I re solder and is back up again! I think that soldering directly to the esc is the best way to get a good connection, but again some people like the plug and play factor. Soldering those cables to the plug is PITA, I think is easier to just solder straight to the esc.

Leaving up to whoever buys the kit is a great idea, or let them choose and make a disclaimer about the possibility of the plug connection breaking off.

Anyways I'm back in the air, no real big deal if you motor starts cutting off during flight or spool up, check plug connections and if broken re solder the plug or just straight to the esc!
paitobp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my pjacq kit today (super fast delivery) and installed it. He really did most of the work. Motor was done with shim, pinion and connector. ESC had wires attached and double sided tape on it. Works great. It took two batteries to get the throttle and pitch curves to my liking. I ended up with 72% throttle and neg 5% to pos 82% on pitch. It could probably still use some more tweaking. I did get 4 minute flights on it.

Here is a quick flight video, nothing special.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Y1ehqE6szF0[/ame]
Hybris1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Loving my Nano CPx with pjacq BL kit

Here are some pictures:

Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah i had the samething happen with my mild motor drawing to much. Batterys only lasting 2 min but pjacq was cool about it and told me to send it in for a replacement. I never thought about checking the wires on the plug.
helilineman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

I direct soldered my motor wires tonight and went out in the dark and put 3 packs through with no cut out.

Seams like it has less power, then again it is in the teens so I am sure it effects power output.

Still fighting a loose tail, that I am thinking is a bent spindle. Hopefully if the wind in not crazy tomorrow I can get a few more flights in to confirm that the cut outs are gone.

Pjacq is a stand up guy and defiantly stands behind is conversion. Thanks for the fast solution!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Loving my Nano CPx with pjacq BL kit

I read somewhere that mounting the esc in the bottom corner of the 3-in-1 board causes interference with the gyro chip. They say to put the esc in the center between the screws. I am still waiting for my kit to arrive. It is stuck in customs. But I think I have read everything I can find about the brushless mod in anticipation.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
tmacrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just finished installing my kit from pjacq. First of all, timely e-mail responses and rocket fast shipping from pjacq. Apparently the new kits come with the connector already soldered to the motor, so no guess work. The ESC was fairly easy to install, but the signal wire to the FET was a bit of a challenge. Magnifying glasses and a small pointy soldering tip help.

The difference in performance was amazing. Still very controllable in a small space but the outdoors performance is night and day. The only drawback is I now get 4:30 flights to LVC versus 5:45 with stock batteries. Well worth it. I highly recommend this upgrade
737 Driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got some good flights on my mild kit now. I wasn't feeling the love so I broke out my spare stock nano. It had way more power than my brushless. Checked the head speed and the stock one was 4500 rpm. My brushless was lower. I increased it to match which ended up to be 75% throttle. So, now it was obvious that the pitch would also have to be the same. I increased it to 95%. Now it flys like the brushed. It does bog down more after the first minute. I kind of expected more out of the brushless. What are others experiencing? My batteries may be a little tired but they are the same I have on the brushed one. Any recommendations?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybris1 View Post
I got some good flights on my mild kit now. I wasn't feeling the love so I broke out my spare stock nano. It had way more power than my brushless. Checked the head speed and the stock one was 4500 rpm. My brushless was lower. I increased it to match which ended up to be 75% throttle. So, now it was obvious that the pitch would also have to be the same. I increased it to 95%. Now it flys like the brushed. It does bog down more after the first minute. I kind of expected more out of the brushless. What are others experiencing? My batteries may be a little tired but they are the same I have on the brushed one. Any recommendations?
Did you direct solder it or use the plugs?
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a few cut out issues with motor plug installed. I removed and direct soldered the motor leads. I no longer have motor cut outs but it seams to have less power than stock. I also am only getting about 1 minute of worthwhile flying before it bogs too much to even stay hovering.

Most of my stock batteries are pretty new but there is a few batteries that I can only fly for about 30 seconds before it is useless.

Would cold weather effect the batteries that much? They are coming from inside and are kept in my pocket until ready to fly.

My tail holding issue was solved by getting the spindle straightened out, vibes are not a friend to this little guy,

Could I have a weak motor? The solder joints look pretty good to me. My mesh is very loose, so no excessive drag there.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

What arming procedure is everyone using? I've read the article awhile back on the different govenor modes for the esc, but I don't really understand which one is best and the proper sequence to arm it
zemurray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got some more flights in on both my brushed and brushless nano. They both seems to have about the same power but the brushless bogs down more. I guess I'll try some bigger batteries and maybe removing the connectors and rerouting the battery wires to the brushless esc first.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just wanted to say THANKS to pjacq for all the after sale support and help with my brushless kit (which turned out to be tired batteries)!

I can't wait to take this to work and fly it in the warehouse during lunch and really put it to the test (+10 deg F is too cold for me to fly outside!)...

Great kit and great support! Thanks pjacq!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in